Chelsea Will Get Best Out Of Me Says: Ivanovic

New Chelsea signing Branislav Ivanovic admits Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic inspired him about cracking the Premiership.

He said: "I've followed most of his matches. A conversation with him would be helpful so he can give me good advice.

"I'll also tell him I've signed for the best team in the Premier League!

"When I got the offer from Chelsea it was like a dream come true. "They will see the best of me. I've been training on my own since the Russian season broke off a month ago. It's up to me to raise my level to the others' standard."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be another 4 weeks before he'll be anywhere ready for the squad......

Theres a break coming up soon, and when we return to action JT should be back and Belletti is going to be hard to displace at RB. He'll be on the bench and get a few games in the FA cup maybe, but I doubt we'll be seeing as much of him as he'd like.

It'll be hard also to get ahead of Alex in the pecking order as I'm sure he'll be benched once JT returns. Hard, but a fact I'm sure he's got himself used to.

Competing for places with the likes of Belletti, Terry, Alex and Carvalho will be very difficult. But he is a young, aspiring player, and I think he knew that he wouldn't walk into the team. He has a fight on his hands and it should make him a better player for it.

Avram Grant admits Chelsea fans must wait before seeing new signing Branislav Ivanovic in action.

"He is a player that we followed for a long time, since he played in the Serbian Under 21 side in the European Championship," Grant told Chelsea's website.

"When he played in Moscow, I saw him there also. He is a good player for now and also for the future because he is very young and can play in many positions on the pitch - and I welcome him.

"He hasn't trained for many weeks because the Russian league finished and he is not in the squad for the moment."

Ivanovic's last full game was in the first week in December. He joined Chelsea's training regime full time last week and the 23-year-old is working hard to catch up with his new team-mates.

"I was training a lot on my own before coming here, but that is not the same as training with the team,' explained the player who has experience playing right-back, centre-back or defensive midfield.

"I will try to reach my potential and then it is up to my coaches to decide what is the best position for me.

"It is up to me to raise my level to the standard at Chelsea and I am trying my best to reach that level as soon as possible and to learn from them."

Edited by the wes