Grzegorz Sandomierski

ack17

Chelsea are weighing up a move for highly-rated Polish keeper Grzegorz Sandomierski.

The Blues have been following the 6ft 5inch international closely for the last few weeks and are confident they can beat off interest from Juventus, Inter Milan, Man Utd, Man City and Spurs to get their man.

Chelsea scouts saw Sandomierski make two world class saves as Euro 2012 co-hosts Poland drew 0-0 with Greece in a friendly three weeks ago and feel he is the ideal candidate to become Petr Cech's understudy.Chelsea officials do not believe current back-up Ross Turnbull has what it takes to succeed Cech when the 28-year-old Czech Republic international calls it a day.

And Sandomierski's growing reputation, and the likelihood that another top club will come in for him soon, look set to force the Blues into making a bid for the Jagiellonia Bielystok star.

Former Middlesbrough starlet Turnbull, 26, has failed to impress during his limited chances since signing in July 2009 and will leave the club in a bid to get first-team football elsewhere.

Portuguese keeper Hilario, 35, may also move on while youngster Rhys Taylor is set to return from his loan spell with League Two Crewe Alexandra for pre-season training.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1JsgNEvXV

Goodbye Turnbullblue%20scalf.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Homer2Chelsea

when the 28-year-old Czech Republic international calls it a day.

..in 12 years time.

Wasn't Delac supposed to be the next Cech.

We've got enough backup keepers imo. Taylor, Walker, Blackman, Delac!

Taylor, Walker and Blackman won't be making it into the first team anytime soon. If Delac is anything he was hyped up to be then hopefully he'll rise in the pecking order to the bench soon.

Taylor, Walker and Blackman won't be making it into the first team anytime soon

Yeah agree with that. But the likes of Taylor has enough experience and ability behind his back to be a substitute. It allows us to scrap the likes of Turnbull and Hilario without the need to sign a replacement.. 2 birds, 1 stone :lol:

the new Eddie Niedzwiecki... or steady eddie if you talking with a pie in your gob.

hope he has better knees..but would certainly settle for the talent of the ol` Eddie.

nice welsh name Niedzwiecki isn`t it.. :whistling:

p.s. never seen him play tho so don`t know if this guy is like Eddie

where`s .Manuf gone anyway? we need some polish input..and i`m not talking Mr Sheen.. :eyebrows:

where`s .Manuf gone anyway? we need some polish input..and i`m not talking Mr Sheen.. :eyebrows:

Yeah actually, that is a point, what ever happened to Manuf?? One thing I remember from him, was that his graphics making was phenominal (slightly going off topic there) :halo:

But on terms of keeper quality, Begovic is a better buy than this keeper.

My theory is, the sub keeper should be someone from the youth system. Begovic is a great keeper who's finally found a #1 position at Stoke so I'd hate for us to relegate him to a regular position on your subs bench.

Our reserve goal keeper is Jan Sebek, so let's make him the back up. That way he gets regular action with the reserves and we can call up on him, if needed.

Our reserve goal keeper is Jan Sebek, so let's make him the back up. That way he gets regular action with the reserves and we can call up on him, if needed.

Good call. He's been in our youth setup for some time actually hasn't he??

It's a real shame Delac hasn't played that many games for Vitesse this season, I would have hoped he could perform well and break into their squad. Although at 18 years of age for a goalkeeper, that is still relatively a very young age!!

it`s a tricky one..we do want to give our army of young keepers a chance..but what if Cech goes down for a few months. do you guys really think we could challenge for trophies with any of our other keepers as number 1 for a few months?

i think in this situation the fact that the transfer window closes for months may force us to get an experienced back up as security for next year,when i would prefer us to have been able to use a youngster, then make an emergency signing if needed.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You