Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously hope this doesn't happen. On one hand it would be great to fuck over Tottenham's plans once again but we have absolutely no need for Willian unless we sell one of our current AM's and why would we do that?

Mata is one of the best players in the PL and Moses is a good squad player so which one would he replace? Replacing Mata with Willian would be the worst piece of business the club have done since Torres, especially if sold to a title rival like Manchester United and Moses the sixth choice AM hardly plays any important games anyway so splasing out €37m for his replacement wouldn't make sense either.

Fuck the media, they've brainwashed me into worrying about Mata's future at the club. :(

Agree with everything you said. The more I think about it the more I don't really believe we are in for Willian, more than likely its just Willian's camp trying to scare Spurs into finalizing the deal and paying the more than likely big agent fee.

I think if he is seen as a replacement for mikel this would be awesome. I don't know much about him but do you think this could be possible?

Replacement for Mikel?! :blink:

Mate, Willian is an attacking midfielder or a wide player. He's a not CM, CDM or DM.

just one thing I keep reading in the forum - and I chose this thread to post about it randomly I guess - is that you guys insist on having the likes of Oscar and Kevin in the double pivot - some of which even suggests BOTH at the same time with tons of CAMs ahead of them such as Schurrle, Mata, Hazard, and now Willian.

Do you really expect the likes of Oscar and Kevin to stop ManCity's midfield? Or Spurs'? Or even Arsenal's? And that's only in England - not to count Europe.

I mean it makes no sense whatsoever! We'd be so exposed to opposition that it isn't even funny! Now even Willian is in the contest of who should play our DM. I think that's some craziness.

that said, we don't need Willian. If we're buying someone for the midfield, let it be a real DLP - and not some adapted guy there like Willian (or use Oscar and Kevin there).

I don't want him here, even if we offload Moses, but I understand maybe Roman wants to prevent the opposition from threatening even more our DM :P

This deal makes no sense and I believe maybe it's Kia planting seeds to make even more money from Willian.

Replacement for Mikel?! :blink:

Mate, Willian is an attacking midfielder or a wide player. He's a not CM, CDM or DM.

bale was a lb. Rooney was a striker who has flourished in a deeper role, the list is endless of players moving positions but still producing. It's not completely silly that players who are very good footballers can adapt to different positions under different managers.

Willian played left side against us for Shaktar and was ghosting all over the pitch that night, centre, right and left it didn't matter because players of that quality can do it. Whilst he maybe set to those positions don't rub out and erase positions just because he may not of played in it, top players can adapt especially under the guidance of Jose.

Whats the difference of CDM and DM? :blink:

Not much difference. Just stating for the sake of it. <_<

Willian played left side against us for Shaktar and was ghosting all over the pitch that night, centre, right and left it didn't matter because players of that quality can do it. Whilst he maybe set to those positions don't rub out and erase positions just because he may not of played in it, top players can adapt especially under the guidance of Jose.

Seriously?! That's like saying Cech can play as a ST because he is a top player and can adapt to it. :doh: