Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Passing aint working, we'll just dribble our way to goal. Robben's second goal against nurmberg today is exactly this. No one can afford to double mark hazard or they will risk leaving the other flank free and hazard will even shine more this season because of this.

This point is key IMO

And a manager in his first year broke it last season. Means nothing.

His Madrid spell was a failure especially with the amount of money they spent and his individual credentials.

So it's all Jose's fault is it? wow.

Embarrassing post.

As far as I can remember, last summer a lot of people (including me) were questioning Ferguson's will to buy van Persie, and were sceptical about this deal, because their striking force was already very good, while their midfield was grandly more in need for reinforcement than what their attack was. Ten months later, van Persie was the best goalscorer in the League, was the best player for Manchester, and he eventually won them the title.

I am not drawing comparisons between the two players and their abilities/capacities — it's merely to put things into perspective.

WILLIAN TO BE UNVEILED AS CHELSEA PLAYER IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-willian-shun-spurs-chelsea-082748380.html

(Sorry if someone else posted it, I just returned home)

This won't happen. Firstly, he need to get work permit, and he won't get that before Monday, Tuesday at least... Also I doubt we will announce signing hours before our game against United..... I think we'll announce it on Tuesday or Wednesday... Let's wait and see =)

As far as I can remember, last summer a lot of people (including me) were questioning Ferguson's will to buy van Persie, and were sceptical about this deal, because their striking force was already very good, while their midfield was grandly more in need for reinforcement than what their attack was. Ten months later, van Persie was the best goalscorer in the League, was the best player for Manchester, and he eventually won them the title.

I am not drawing comparisons between the two players and their abilities/capacities — it's merely to put things into perspective.

Yeah, but now Rooney wants out.

What could this mean to the rest of our attacking 6? something will have to give.

Maybe KDB or Oscar future is in the pivot?

Maybe Schurrle or Moses is getting seen as a forward and were getting shot of Torres and Ba if a new forward comes in?

or maybe Moses is leaving?

This won't happen. Firstly, he need to get work permit, and he won't get that before Monday, Tuesday at least... Also I doubt we will announce signing hours before our game against United..... I think we'll announce it on Tuesday or Wednesday... Let's wait and see =)

Hopefully, together with the Rooney signing.....keeping my fingers crossed

What could this mean to the rest of our attacking 6? something will have to give.

Maybe KDB or Oscar future is in the pivot?

Maybe Schurrle or Moses is getting seen as a forward and were getting shot of Torres and Ba if a new forward comes in?

or maybe Moses is leaving?

I reckon Mou intends to play De Bruyne on the pivot and Oscar or Willian as attacking midfielders with Mata out on the right wing with infinite freedom of movement.

Shuttle works as an auxiliary striker which leaves Moses as to much of a liability and will be sent out on loan.

I'd like to keep Moses on the side but I won't think he'll like to play just 20-25 games a season

I am not drawing comparisons between the two players and their abilities/capacities it's merely to put things into perspective.

It's Mourinho now....it'll be even better

I reckon Mou intends to play De Bruyne on the pivot and Oscar or Willian as attacking midfielders with Mata out on the right wing with infinite freedom of movement.

Shuttle works as an auxiliary striker which leaves Moses as to much of a liability and will be sent out on loan.

I'd like to keep Moses on the side but I won't think he'll like to play just 20-25 games a season

You may be right, i think!

People who are bashing this transfer are ridiculous. last year Man United and Man city had 4 top class strikers each. did it hurt them? did they really need them all? get over yourselves. it's stupid to splash 30m on another AM but the club know what they're doing. we clearly have the fund, so why not improve? I'm only going to doubt this transfer if we don't get Rooney because we didn't pay what United are asking. not because when United are not letting him go.

You can't make a post comparing two situations and then say "I'm not making comparisons"! :P

I am not drawing comparisons between the two players and their abilities/capacities it's merely to put things into perspective.

People who are bashing this transfer are ridiculous. last year Man United and Man city had 4 top class strikers each. did it hurt them? did they really need them all? get over yourselves. it's stupid to splash 30m on another AM but the club know what they're doing. we clearly have the fund, so why not improve? I'm only going to doubt this transfer if we don't get Rooney because we didn't pay what United are asking. not because when United are not letting him go.

LOOOL, people are ridiculous for not believing in this transfer? :lol2:

Manchester City had to let go of 2 of their 4 strikers, one haing his shirts burned by fans and the other almost fighting Mancini, and you say it did no harm to them?

About ManUtd, comparing RVP with Willian is the most unintelligent thing on Earth. They only had one great CF in Rooney and the rest was no more than average to good (Berbarov, Hernandez and Wellbeck), so it made a lot of sense to buy another striker. They payed less than what we are paying, but they bought a vastly more experienced player with a proved background in the EPL. Even though: they had to sell Berbatov, give Chichiarito no game time and made Rooney the most unhappiest superstar in football!

So tell me, what do you expect to happen with our 7 options for 3 starting spots? Dont tell me you are 100% sure Mata is safe...

EDIT: Peace, I quoted you because my quote to Cech actually fits with what I would answer you...

I wish we didn't sign Schurrle. we should have signed Willian for another attacking midfield/winger position from the the start. people here have high hopes on Andre. he's not that good, 18m pounds is ridiculous for a payer who should not cost more than 15m pounds. he's unproven and could be another Marko Marin which we bought for only 7m. not bashing the lad, just think Willian is a better footballer than him and gives us more options, even if the later costs 30m. quality over quantity.