We turned down Christian Eriksen 2 times?

Henri

We finally got a big talent in Denmark since the days of Laudrup. You really dont think i would count Bendtner as a talent or star player, do you? :541:

It turned out he has according to his father been not once but twice time to test training in Chelsea, and was judged not good and to weak. Almost

every club in europe want`s that kid but we are definitely not gonna get him, his father`s word. Who turned him down.,, Arnesen?, would be to much

irony for me to handle.:cry:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He strikes me as someone very similar to Stoch... good with lots of potential, but not quite good enough for Chelsea standards. Still he has an outrageous talent and should certainly end up at one of the bigger clubs - not someone massive like Inter, but certainly a team with pedigree, such as Schalke.

It's just like Wenger miss out on Drogba and Cech.

It happens to all of us.

Agree thats life, but lets hope they learn from there mistakes, and i really think this one is gonna be a big one!. And bye the way Wenger

is punished for life on this lack of judgement. <_<

He strikes me as someone very similar to Stoch... good with lots of potential, but not quite good enough for Chelsea standards. Still he has an outrageous talent and should certainly end up at one of the bigger clubs - not someone massive like Inter, but certainly a team with pedigree, such as Schalke.

Don`t agree. He is only 19, and like he says i`m far from being a complete player i have so much more to learn ( in Ajax). He will end in a big club.

You think Wenger's error's were bad then read this.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Agent reveals that Newcastle rejected Zinedine Zidane

Football agent Barry Silkman has revealed in an exclusive interview with sport.co.uk that Newcastle United could have signed former World Player of the Year Zinedine Zidane when he was looking to leave Ligue 1 side Bordeaux in 1996...but rejected the opportunity.

The legendary French midfielder instead secured a move to Serie A giants Juventus for a fee believed to be £3.2 million; a move that secured his reputation as one of Europe’s greats and led to him making a record-breaking €75 million transfer to Real Madrid in 2001. The news of Zidane’s rejection by Newcastle United adds to the growing list of clubs that turned down the player with former Blackburn Rovers owner Jack Walker supposedly remarking in 1995, "Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?"

Newcastle United under Kevin Keegan’s stewardship in the mid nineties saw the club promoted from the old second division to the Premier League and become serious title challengers to Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United. Geordies will no doubt be asking themselves what could have been had the Magpies secured Zidane’s signature in 1996 and had him play alongside the likes of David Ginola, Alan Shearer, Les Ferdinand and Philippe Albert.

Speaking to sport.co.uk, agent Silkman reminisced on the deal that never was:

“I have missed out on players. I suppose the biggest player I missed out on was Zinedine Zidane.

“I offered him to Newcastle at the beginning of the 1996 season for £1.2million. And they watched him and said that he wasn’t good enough to play in the First Division which is the Championship now.

“Three months later he went to Juventus for £1.2million and two years later he went for £48million. So I think the people at Newcastle got it slightly wrong.”

By the end of his first season with Juventus, Zidane had led the team to victory in the UEFA Cup, the European Super Cup and the Intercontinental Cup. He went on to win two consecutive Serie A titles before leading France to World Cup glory on home turf in 1998. Following his move to Real Madrid the talismanic all-rounder added the Primera Division medal to his collection before scoring that volley in the 2002 Champions League final (see picture above) before helping the Bernabeu outfit to World Club Cup glory.

Newcastle United have not won major silverware since their 1955 FA Cup win.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/35533/Agent_reveals_that_Newcastle_rejected_Zinedine_Zidane.aspx

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Favorite quotes from this article were

“I offered him to Newcastle at the beginning of the 1996 season for £1.2million. And they watched him and said that he wasn’t good enough to play in the First Division which is the Championship now."

OOPPPSSSS laugh.gif

"The news of Zidane’s rejection by Newcastle United adds to the growing list of clubs that turned down the player with former Blackburn Rovers owner Jack Walker supposedly remarking in 1995, "Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?"

DOUBLE OOPPPSSS laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

:getyou:

You're coming to that conclusion by watching him regularly?

Eriksen is a HUGE talent, and comparing him to Stoch is an (huge) insult), and can easily grow out into one the best midfielders around. He's 19 and he's Ajax' best player, performing pretty muck week in, week out. His passing, vision and technique is incredible and something else when you think about the fact he's so young and only became a certain starter since Frank de Boer took over in December.

Don't know why Chelsea would turn him down but these things happen. A missed opportunity, though moving to Ajax was a lot (!) for his development.

:getyou:

You're coming to that conclusion by watching him regularly?

Eriksen is a HUGE talent, and comparing him to Stoch is an (huge) insult), and can easily grow out into one the best midfielders around. He's 19 and he's Ajax' best player, performing pretty muck week in, week out. His passing, vision and technique is incredible and something else when you think about the fact he's so young and only became a certain starter since Frank de Boer took over in December.

Don't know why Chelsea would turn him down but these things happen. A missed opportunity, though moving to Ajax was a lot (!) for his development.

I watch the Eredivisie quite often actually.

I simply don't rate him.

I watch the Eredivisie quite often actually.

I simply don't rate him.

Dude, Eriksen time after time tore our England defence apart, partiularly in the first half of the game when we played Denmark. That may just be one game, but if he can perform like that when he's 19, you have a lot of potential there!

Don't join Chelsea: Christian Eriksen's dad fires stark warning to world's top teenagers

his father really don't like Chelsea.

Well, I don't think that he hates Chelsea. I actually understand him.

When you have a son with a great talent and you take a look at Chelsea, where so many talents don't break into the first team and are more or less mistreated (Sinclaire, Stoch, Matic, Kakuta, Sturridge, Borini, PvA, Cork, etc...), I guess it is natural to advice his son against going to this club.

And if I had a son, for his own sake I wouldn't want him to sign for Chelsea lol.

By the way, he never said to not go to Chelsea. Once again this is just a misleading title made by the Daily Hate Mail. He just said : "The training facilities are good - but kids should not go there (England)"

Well, I don't think that he hates Chelsea. I actually understand him.

When you have a son with a great talent and you take a look at Chelsea, where so many talents don't break into the first team and are more or less mistreated (Sinclaire, Stoch, Matic, Kakuta, Sturridge, Borini, PvA, Cork, etc...), I guess it is natural to advice his son against going to this club.

And if I had a son, for his own sake I wouldn't want him to sign for Chelsea lol.

By the way, he never said to not go to Chelsea. Once again this is just a misleading title made by the Daily Hate Mail. He just said : "The training facilities are good - but kids should not go there (England)"

You need to understand that not all of them are good enough to play for top clubs. Sinclair and Stoch definitly don't have the ability to play for Chelsea. Have we done anything wrong to those to? We offered them a good football education, and they were sold to a nice clubs. We didn't destroy them, they just found their level.

Would you rather send your son to Stade Brestois (maybe i am being unfair to them and their academy is ok) or Chelsea. It's hard for English youngsters to make that leap from reserves to first team. We should adopt the Spanish/German model.

Anyway Eriksen is quality. Nice pace, and has an eye for a pass.

You need to understand that not all of them are good enough to play for top clubs. Sinclair and Stoch definitly don't have the ability to play for Chelsea. Have we done anything wrong to those to? We offered them a good football education, and they were sold to a nice clubs. We didn't destroy them, they just found their level.

Would you rather send your son to Stade Brestois (maybe i am being unfair to them and their academy is ok) or Chelsea. It's hard for English youngsters to make that leap from reserves to first team. We should adopt the Spanish/German model.

Spot on.

High time people realize that not every youngster at this club will make it. Hell, 95% won't.