Malouda ignoring Torres?

Henri

Bringing this over from the ratings thread, yes greedy Malouda made an appearance again today. The Torres thing aside, he just seems really desperate to score. How else can one explain the wild shots from tight angles that he must know have very little chance of going in?

It's probably time for him to be 'rotated' a little more often now. He was the worst player on the pitch today and lately he's been more of a detriment to the team than an advantage. And afterall, if Drogba can be benched there's no reason why he can't be either. Or as an alternative, play him when Drogba plays. He seems more willing to work with DD than he does Fernando at this point, for whatever reason.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Malouda is becoming an absolute disgrace now and can see Torres having a major ruck with him on the pitch soon. He is a wide player NOT a centre foward and a wide player is supposed to cross and play others in. The most annoying thing about this is that we had we can't play 4-4-2 with him in the team, as he wont defend or pass and have to go 4-3-3 to accomodate him.

I am alone in being desperate for him to be sold in the summer, and replaced with a hard working wide player who can compete with Yuri??

We should change the name of this thread into "Malouda is ignoring everybody ?".

You just know he'll have a great game after that with 9241235742314 assists and will prove this thread wrong only to dwindle into oblivion in the next game *cough*anelka*cough*.

You just know he'll have a great game after that with 9241235742314 assists and will prove this thread wrong only to dwindle into oblivion in the next game *cough*anelka*cough*.

The difference is Anelka is a centre forward who has played his whole career up top, so it is more understandable. Malouda is not and as a wide player knows he has other responsibilites to the team.

The difference is Anelka is a centre forward who has played his whole career up top, so it is more understandable. Malouda is not and as a wide player knows he has other responsibilites to the team.

I was hinting towards a thread on TC on Nic's performances.

I don't think he's ignoring only Torres. I think he is trying to desperately prove a point and regain his reputation he had last season. Frankly, it's not working and if anything he is pulling the whole team down with him. I'm sure he is a great player but "days-are-not-brothers" and he is getting old for a winger. Perhaps give Zhirkov a proper chance?

If Scholes and Giggs can cope with benching and still have a great attitude (from what I've seen anyway) then why couldn't we rotate the likes of Drogba, Malouda - perhaps even Lampard? Age is one thing none of us can run from and it's even more crucial when it comes to professional sports. Of one I'm sure, for some 30+ aged players this is the last season in Chelsea blue.

Terminator X, great picture you posted.

I don't think he's ignoring only Torres. I think he is trying to desperately prove a point and regain his reputation he had last season.

Can he not prove his point by being a good midfielder, like actually providing service to the strikers and staying out wide instead of clogging up an already congested middle?

I think Malouda is becoming an absolute disgrace now and can see Torres having a major ruck with him on the pitch soon. He is a wide player NOT a centre foward and a wide player is supposed to cross and play others in. The most annoying thing about this is that we had we can't play 4-4-2 with him in the team, as he wont defend or pass and have to go 4-3-3 to accomodate him.

I am alone in being desperate for him to be sold in the summer, and replaced with a hard working wide player who can compete with Yuri??

No your not! I've never rated him, he has had a couple of decent spells at the club in 4 seasons - one when Gus Hiddink got him playing & the second was from Jan to Sept last year but for me he is not consistent enough & has no pace for a winger, Robben may of been injured a lot but when he was fit he was dynamite, sorely missed imho & someone Torres would thrive on if he was still at the club. I hope he is sold in the summer with Kakuta being given a chance & Zhirkov his this season. How the hell was Maloulda not taken off at half time?!

No your not! I've never rated him, he has had a couple of decent spells at the club in 4 seasons - one when Gus Hiddink got him playing & the second was from Jan to Sept last year but for me he is not consistent enough & has no pace for a winger, Robben may of been injured a lot but when he was fit he was dynamite, sorely missed imho & someone Torres would thrive on if he was still at the club. I hope he is sold in the summer with Kakuta being given a chance & Zhirkov his this season. How the hell was Maloulda not taken off at half time?!

Ancellotti always seem to give his starting 11 at least 60 minutes before he changes things.

Honestly I've never rated Malouda to be honest but lets look at this from a different perspective. Everyone here agrees that while Torres is not scoring he still is displaying great movement and taking defenders with him thereby opening space for others to score... Now if that is honestly the case and if Malouda is not used to movement in the manner that Torres is providing out there, then Malouda may simply be seeing different space then he's used to seeing and is instinctively going to that space. You and I can see that he's making a mess of it and being perceived as greedy/ignoring Torres but in reality he may simply be trying to take advantage of the space that Torres is providing him. That being said, Malouda is shite and he needs someone from off the field to go to him, have a talk with him, and explain what he's doing wrong as opposed to "letting them figure it out on the pitch".

Honestly I've never rated Malouda to be honest but lets look at this from a different perspective. Everyone here agrees that while Torres is not scoring he still is displaying great movement and taking defenders with him thereby opening space for others to score... Now if that is honestly the case and if Malouda is not used to movement in the manner that Torres is providing out there, then Malouda may simply be seeing different space then he's used to seeing and is instinctively going to that space. You and I can see that he's making a mess of it and being perceived as greedy/ignoring Torres but in reality he may simply be trying to take advantage of the space that Torres is providing him. That being said, Malouda is shite and he needs someone from off the field to go to him, have a talk with him, and explain what he's doing wrong as opposed to "letting them figure it out on the pitch".

I guarantee that Torres won't score in open play this season while Malouda is on the pitch, who's with me on that??

Ahah, so true :lol:

But in the other hand, if he does a great game whenever we critisize him, I will do so before every game :D