The key to success

Wilson

I think after having such a horrific season, the key to success is to be positive and keep the faith. We are almost injury-free now (injuries were a massive blow for us ofcourse) and now we are improving to our squad. We need to throw all our loses behind us and stick together. If we focus on Champions League, unleash our disappointment and win it! I know we can. I don't want to say a lot on it because I don't wanna jinx it lol. We just need a system that can fit in with or great squad lol. I think that is also a factor of losing, Carlo experimenting with different systems and formations, yet I do not blame him because it has to be done. I say I don't blame him, but yet I do not agree with what he's tried. It's not for me to say really, because he is the manager haha! A few more attacking/playmakers would also be vital for us ;)

blue%20scalf.gifKEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGHblue%20scalf.gif

In Carlo We Trust

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The key that is jammed in the door is the friction between managers and owners wanting to run issues that should be the sole jurisdiction of one or the other.

Until that key is removed, another key cant be used....

Is that an Ian Holloway quote Greg? :D

Is that an Ian Holloway quote Greg? :D

Lol if he was doing it it'd be in yokel speak :smiliecap1:

Until we leave managers to manage things wont get better -you just have to think of all the shooting itself in the foot this club has done because of interference -Mourinho, Stevie Clarke, Wilkins,........replaced with idiots .....

Lol if he was doing it it'd be in yokel speak :smiliecap1:

Until we leave managers to manage things wont get better -you just have to think of all the shooting itself in the foot this club has done because of interference -Mourinho, Stevie Clarke, Wilkins,........replaced with idiots .....

I made that point in another thread.It's all all Gourlay's fault and the board's fault for their meddling.

The "key" is simple. Work hard.

Don't know about you guys, but for me, the only players who are actually trying their hardest seems to be Terry, Ivanovic, Cech & Ramires. The rest always give up, don't run, wait for the ball to come to them ect. Last season we'd run after everyone, closing them down, putting them under a whole load of pressure. Maybe it's because Drogba, Anelka & Lampard's ages are taking their toll, I'm not sure. But this is what needs to be fixed. Everyone needs to pull their own and put in 100% which they're not!

I hate to compare with another team I have a soft spot for, but Chelsea are a spitting image of AIK Solna. When AIK won the Allsvenskan in 2009, a lot of their good players including Jos Hooiveld and Ivan Obolo left the club, suddenly in the 2010 season they were relying on Bangura to get their goals, and they were trying to fight off relegation.

I know that's not where Chelsea are, but the point I'm making is. Chelsea lost a hell of a lot of players last summer and never replaced them. The players we have left, are beginning to see better days and we are beginning to see the after effects. Losing a host of game and in the process, losing valueable points.

I've also noticed with every game that the support at Stamford Bridge is ridiculously quiet. We get out-sung almost every game by the opposing fans, and... if you compare that with the likes of Liverpool fans at Anfield, and Man United fans at Old Trafford, there is huge passion in those clubs! Compared to us, Stamford Bridge is beginning to turn into a Library.

The main key to success here, is that we need to freshen up the squad next summer. Clear out those who have threatened to leave in the past (points go to Yuri Zhirkov) and get rid of those who are getting into their 30s. Players like Malouda, Drogba and Anelka. Give Josh McEachran more chances in the squad and try building a team around him so that we can get the best out of him in the future.

The "key" is simple. Work hard.

Don't know about you guys, but for me, the only players who are actually trying their hardest seems to be Terry, Ivanovic, Cech & Ramires. The rest always give up, don't run, wait for the ball to come to them ect. Last season we'd run after everyone, closing them down, putting them under a whole load of pressure. Maybe it's because Drogba, Anelka & Lampard's ages are taking their toll, I'm not sure. But this is what needs to be fixed. Everyone needs to pull their own and put in 100% which they're not!

Thats all well and good,agreed.

However all that can be undone in an instant if the rug is pulled by the owner or board. The uncertainty and lack of morale filters down the food chain of staff onto the pitch......

Thats all well and good,agreed.

However all that can be undone in an instant if the rug is pulled by the owner or board. The uncertainty and lack of morale filters down the food chain of staff onto the pitch......

Perhaps, but have the changes really been that impacting? Fair enough Ray Wilkins was a hard one because each player probably felt he was the link between manager and players. But these guys aren't kids. They should know in the business of football coaches come and go, heck they've been through multiple managers as it is!

Perhaps, but have the changes really been that impacting? Fair enough Ray Wilkins was a hard one because each player probably felt he was the link between manager and players. But these guys aren't kids. They should know in the business of football coaches come and go, heck they've been through multiple managers as it is!

Ray Wilkins was a huge impact at Chelsea. He gave that motive to the players in the dressing room to keep going in tough situations, and they would always respond by giving 110% on the pitch and winning, and of course, he is someone that Ancelotti could talk to on the touchline. Now he's not there, Carlo doesn't talk to anyone.

Not to the extent we've been through them last few years...Its not just Wilkins though is it -rightly or wrongly we've had Mourinhos cheap eggs -Sidwell, Ben Haim and Pizarro foisted upon him - Mourinhos sacking -the arrival of fatuselesscunt Grant, sackings of Scolari, who shouldnt have been there in the first place -a catalogue of interference. Wilkins, Clarke and other countless staff just sacked ad hoc. It must be some kind of Russian thing -not going on in any other club.

Even those Glazer cunts wouldnt dare touch Whelan or Ferguson. End of the day its the same players there last year, give or take a few, all multimillionaires who've done it -apart from the CL. They have no motivation when managers and staff are sacked all the time.

I've also noticed with every game that the support at Stamford Bridge is ridiculously quiet. We get out-sung almost every game by the opposing fans, and... if you compare that with the likes of Liverpool fans at Anfield, and Man United fans at Old Trafford, there is huge passion in those clubs! Compared to us, Stamford Bridge is beginning to turn into a Library.

Couldn't agree more really. You've also forgot to mention Arsenal fans in midweek when they played Barca at Emirates. Their fans was one of the reasons for their comeback.

Wilson, well put and I agree with you one hundred percent

There have been reports today of Ancelotti ''on the verge of being sacked''. That gives me mixed feelings. On one hand I really do want him to stay, turn it around and shut the critics but on the other hand I want to see dramatic change in the table, form, attitude of Chelsea. Ancelotti seems like a good guy, perhaps too good for a manager. Might be the language barrier, would explain why Wilkins' departure had such an effect on our game. He doesn't seem that agressive minded, dominative figure as people might expect a manager to be. That might be his down-fall. Some people claim that 'he can't motivate the players enough', well fucking hell, if you're a professional footballer playing for Chelsea and earning more in a week then most earn in a year and can't be bothered without being kicked in the arse by the manager, you should really reevaluate.

One solution in my eyes is squad re-vamp. We need to stick to a manager and let him build a squad. Having said that, the manager has to earn the trust of Abramovic, the fans, players before he should get a chance to build his own squad. I do believe Ancelotti has prooven himself to us and deserves this chance. Two-three players out, which might be hard mentally for the fans to see their heroes go but it's the best for the club. Getting 2-3 young players in aswell would sort us out nicely. Been playing some speculative Football Manager in my mind and I'd love if we'd bring in Agüero and Sanchez. The formation could be 4-2-2-1-1 (seems really similar to Real Madrid's formation if you look at it), give Sturridge, McEachran and Van Aanholt chances and see how they use them.

Coach: Carlo Ancelotti

-------------Cech---------------

Ivanovic-Terry-Luiz-A.Cole

----Essien---Ramires-----

Sanchez------------Zhirkov

-----------Agüero------------

--------------Torres----------

RB - Ivan, Bosingwa, Luiz, Ferreira

CB - Alex, Luiz, Terry, Ivan

LB - A.Cole, Zhirkov, Van Aanholt

CMF - Ramires, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, McEachran

Wingers/SS - Zhirkov, Benayoun, Sturridge, Sanchez, Agüero, Kalou, Malouda

CF - Torres, Drogba, Sturridge, Anelka

Notice I've not 'sold' anyone though obviously we'd have to let some of the players go to make room, cut wagebill and perhaps even recoup some money. And clearly some kind of a rotation has to be worked out. Loan out some of the youngsters again, keep 2-3, because it's unreasnoble for a club like Chelsea to give all of the new guys a fair chance, loan option would be best for both the player and the club. Buying Agüero and Sanchez will cost money, sure, but they're young and got a great future ahead of them. Their physique is perfect for EPL, and technique gives us the edge and flair we have been lacking. Agüero also has a good shot in him, can take free kicks like he showed us when we played Atletico last year in the Champs League. In other words a Dream Team.

The latter part was just my own mind games. I do support Carlo Ancelotti and I'm behind the team whatever happens. Keep the faith, KTBFFH

Some reading:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/02/20/2360898/chelseas-didier-Drogba-and-florent-malouda-set-for-summer

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/02/20/2360800/carlo-ancelottis-chelsea-future-in-doubt-after-fa-cup-exit (similar stories up on other sites aswell)