Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Our aims for next season shouldn't be to win the Champions League. If that's our aim, then it will be prejudicial for the club's futur. Our aim for next season should be to build a team for the futur, so that's should be a season of transition.

Hence, the "X isn't proven in UCL" is not valid. We just need a coach who will be able to make Kakuta, Sturridge, McEachran, etc... turn into world class players, plus who will be able to impose a real style to our team.

That's why I don't understand when people are saying that Ancelotti has to stay because no one better is available. That's nonsense in my opinion. We don't need the best coach in the world, we need a coach who has the qualities which we desperatly need. In other words, even if a coach is less rated than Ancelotti, that doesn't mean that he won't be a good coach for us.

Plus, Real Madrid and ManCity have proven to the football world that a team full of stars isn't the right way to win thing. In my honest opinion the same is applied to the coachs.

Spot on. Carlo is experienced 'as in' he has many years in management but look at the mistakes he makes. We've finished on a worse points total than when Ranieri got the sack but we've spent £100+ since last summer. We definately can't hire someone on the back of CL success. The league is the big one we should aim for every year and if we're good enough and a bit of luck the CL will shortly follow. Just because Boas for e.g is only 33 and has only managed in the Portuguese league doesn't mean much seeing as Mourinho did exactly the same.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now it seems that you and other Carlo´s lovers are angry because he is leaving, and are blaming the media because they are saying the obvious.

Wenger, despite all trophyless seasons, never was subject of this kind of rumours.

I dont see your point that Carlo deserve respect. If a journalist have sources saying that Carlos is leaving so he is supposed to not write a fucking article because he deserve respect ? If the rumours were about him staying, Im sure you wouldnt say it was only "to fan the flames of other gossips".

Sadly that too many of our members only want to hear the rumours and different opinions when it is convenient.

I dont like rumours full stop..and as for sources ,,,I havent seen any of the journos you obviously believe name them ...they are always friends of X or

a close contact Y . I now think Carlo is likely to leave ,,,but you seem to thrive in spreading rumours ...

Guest justin_3d

Our aims for next season shouldn't be to win the Champions League. If that's our aim, then it will be prejudicial for the club's futur. Our aim for next season should be to build a team for the futur, so that's should be a season of transition.

Hence, the "X isn't proven in UCL" is not valid. We just need a coach who will be able to make Kakuta, Sturridge, McEachran, etc... turn into world class players, plus who will be able to impose a real style to our team.

That's why I don't understand when people are saying that Ancelotti has to stay because no one better is available. That's nonsense in my opinion. We don't need the best coach in the world, we need a coach who has the qualities which we desperatly need. In other words, even if a coach is less rated than Ancelotti, that doesn't mean that he won't be a good coach for us.

Plus, Real Madrid and ManCity have proven to the football world that a team full of stars isn't the right way to win thing. In my honest opinion the same is applied to the coachs.

And the "Ancelotti should be kept because no one better than him is available" is so wrong to my mind. I believe that's the same thing which happened to our squad. I mean : Drogba, Anelka, Malouda and Kalou are more proven than Sturridge, and are more rated. Therefor, Ancelotti didn't play Sturridge, despite he was better than them while our slump. And I think we are doing the same about the matter of the coach. I don't know if you see what I mean.

Fair point.

But let me ask, are you forgetting about the Financial Fair Play rule??

Firing a manager, getting a new one, and then spending more players on top of that, will get us in even deeper losses.

We are already at 70 mill losses. So think about how much we will be adding?

It does not look good for me...

Fair point.

But let me ask, are you forgetting about the Financial Fair Play rule??

Firing a manager, getting a new one, and then spending more players on top of that, will get us in even deeper losses.

We are already at 70 mill losses. So think about how much we will be adding?

It does not look good for me...

I'm sure that the board understands the rules and what they can/cannot do. Give them some credit.

In one season? That's impossible.

So do you think that Porto play nice football just because AVB is managing them or because he has Moutinho and Belluschi in midfield?

Guest justin_3d

I'm sure that the board understands the rules and what they can/cannot do. Give them some credit.

Give them some credit??

But i am hearing that people are piss at the board for firing Ray, and for going over expensive players instead of bargain player like Sahin, Ozil, VDV Sneijder and such.

I think a lot don't trust the board.

That being said, i still don't think it's wise to go on keeping spending without having anything in check.

Chelsea already with 70 mill loss, then add to that firing Carlo, getting new coach, and spending on new players.

A sure way to increase our losses before the Financial Fair Play rule come into effect.

Give them some credit??

But i am hearing that people are piss at the board for firing Ray, and for going over expensive players instead of bargain player like Sahin, Ozil, VDV Sneijder and such.

I think a lot don't trust the board.

That being said, i still don't think it's wise to go on keeping spending without having anything in check.

Chelsea already with 70 mill loss, then add to that firing Carlo, getting new coach, and spending on new players.

A sure way to increase our losses before the Financial Fair Play rule come into effect.

I'm aware that many do not trust the board. That's why I said 'some credit'. All I meant was that not everything spent by the club contributes to the FairPlay rules, and that the board understands this and are aware of what they can/cannot do with the money they have.

Guest justin_3d

I'm aware that many do not trust the board. That's why I said 'some credit'. All I meant was that not everything spent by the club contributes to the FairPlay rules, and that the board understands this and are aware of what they can/cannot do with the money they have.

I don't see it men.

It's also getting hard for me to trust the board with everything they done.

It is why i keep saying, having the loss we have, we will be in deeper loss with the firing of Carlo and adding more players.

Simple then that can't get.

Why Carlo must leave:

- If he stays, we wont have "stability" in next season. As soon as the first bad results appears the rumours that he is going to get the axe will start and the board will start thinking if they made de correct decision in keeping him. So the right moment to let him go is in the summer, not in the middle of a season.

- Carlo has only one more year in his current contract. Its obvious that our squad need a overhaul, and we need to introduce young players. Carlos is not the right manager for this: why we should let him buy the players he wants, if he only have one more season left ? Only if we assume that the board will give him more 4 seasons it would be correct to give him the opportunity to spend the money in the way he desire. Giving him more 4 seasons is not a good idea though, since his record in Italy is against him. He stayed there more than 10 years as manager, with the best squads in Seria A and managed to win only one single league trophy. The league trophy is the best to judge if a manager is doing a good long term job.

- Carlo was signed not to be a long term manager. Everybody knows that the reason he is here is that Roman thought he was the right manager to take the best from a fading squad and win the Champions League. He failed. His CL record was poor. There is no reason to keep and employee who failed miserably in his goals.

- Next season we must start a new era at Chelsea. We wont do anything great with this current squad anymore. If it was 2 or 3 years it would be correct to keep Carlo, but in next season we will start from the point zero, because in last 2 years Carlos didnt made a job looking for the future, so there no sense in talking about continuity, because if Carlo stays it will be a continuity of no perspective for the future.

- Carlo was signed not to be a long term manager. Everybody knows that the reason he is here is that Roman thought he was the right manager to take the best from a fading squad and win the Champions League. He failed. His CL record was poor. There is no reason to keep and employee who failed miserably in his goals.

He got a fading squad and we only won PL, Fa Cup and ended second. Wow we would conquer the world with great squad.

<br>He got a fading squad and we only won PL, Fa Cup and ended second. Wow we would conquer the world with great squad.<br>

You can't change your arguments. Months ago people were saying "Carlo is CL manager, he is doing bad in league because he is about winning the european cup". After those disastrous defeats against MU now his CL performance is not important anymore, because he won the so called "double".

We cant forget that we only won the league with one more point than MU, and many people in this forum were afraid that we couldn't beat Wigan in a match against...Wigan... at Stamford Bridge, but people forget those thing easily and now that season became a wonderful one. You can't judge a manager only in his results. Yes, we won the league and scored more than 100 goals. Though that season wasn't perfect and our performance in the league wasnt perfect, and Carlos job in that season wasn't perfect.

Now we are 2nd in PL, and we got into the last matches with real chances of winning the league. Analyzing those numbers, this season is not a terrible one, but everybody who watched our full season knows that it really is for many reasons appointed in this and in other topics ( we lost against Sunderland in SF, not a simple defeat, but it was 3-0 ).

Why Carlo must leave:

- If he stays, we wont have "stability" in next season. As soon as the first bad results appears the rumours that he is going to get the axe will start and the board will start thinking if they made de correct decision in keeping him. So the right moment to let him go is in the summer, not in the middle of a season.

- Carlo has only one more year in his current contract. Its obvious that our squad need a overhaul, and we need to introduce young players. Carlos is not the right manager for this: why we should let him buy the players he wants, if he only have one more season left ? Only if we assume that the board will give him more 4 seasons it would be correct to give him the opportunity to spend the money in the way he desire. Giving him more 4 seasons is not a good idea though, since his record in Italy is against him. He stayed there more than 10 years as manager, with the best squads in Seria A and managed to win only one single league trophy. The league trophy is the best to judge if a manager is doing a good long term job.

- Next season we must start a new era at Chelsea. We wont do anything great with this current squad anymore. If it was 2 or 3 years it would be correct to keep Carlo, but in next season we will start from the point zero, because in last 2 years Carlos didnt made a job looking for the future, so there no sense in talking about continuity, because if Carlo stays it will be a continuity of no perspective for the future.

don't you EVER think you might be wrong in your assumptions ...

You can't change your arguments. Months ago people were saying "Carlo is CL manager, he is doing bad in league because he is about winning the european cup". After those disastrous defeats against MU now his CL performance is not important anymore, because he won the so called "double".

We cant forget that we only won the league with one more point than MU, and many people in this forum were afraid that we couldn't beat Wigan in a match against...Wigan... at Stamford Bridge, but people forget those thing easily and now that season became a wonderful one. You can't judge a manager only in his results. Yes, we won the league and scored more than 100 goals. Though that season wasn't perfect and our performance in the league wasnt perfect, and Carlos job in that season wasn't perfect.

Now we are 2nd in PL, and we got into the last matches with real chances of winning the league. Analyzing those numbers, this season is not a terrible one, but everybody who watched our full season knows that it really is for many reasons appointed in this and in other topics ( we lost against Sunderland in SF, not a simple defeat, but it was 3-0 ).

You are enjoying this aren't you?

Who told that he's going to win the CL? Maybe you and ... were making fun.

It's not so called 'double', but it is double. In 08 MU won the league by two points. Do you think that they are making any silly questions why they haven't by more? I don't think so.

So it's not normal to be a bit scared before an important game? " You can't judge a manager only in his results. " You judged him in your previous post.

Things went terrible for us yes, but just because Carlo was our manager? So we lost against Sunderland, you're genious... What's a simple defeat for you? 4-3?

Who signed Deco?

People have come out and aid that Lampard isn't good enough, Essien isn't good enough, Malouda isn't good enough, Anelka isn't good enough, So if they are not good enough, Do you expect to see a manager walk in and wave a magic wand and put there ages back 10 years?