Bolton 0-4 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikel was absolutely fantastic in the midfield today, he totally out powered the opposition and dominated. His ball keeping skills and his awareness just frustrated Kevin Davies who was obviously told to mark OBI mikel. Every Chelsea fan from the UK to fucking INDIA was so happy when Ramires scored, he has tried to break into the box so many times this season including a header that just went over the bar at Anfield.

Oh yes one final point who was it that started a thread asking if we needed mikel ? EAT YOUR HEART OUT !blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif

Horrible first half. Game was over after 2-0, Bolton stopped putting pressure on us so the game was easy after then. Yet we still weren't able to really perform so i'm still worried. Poor but efficient game. But we won, scored four goals and didn't concede so i guess i should be happy about that.

But there's no way we'll beat the likes of Man Utd, Spurs and City if we play like this. I even give Copenhagen a good chance knocking us out if we continue like this.

CA has a lot of work to do. But hopefully this win boosts the confidence of the players which can lead to better performances.

Cech - 7

Bosingwa - 5.0

Ivanovic - 5.5

Terry - 6.0

Cole - 5.0

Mikel - 6.5

Essien - 5.0

Ramires - 5.5

Anelka - 6.5

Drogba - 6.0

Malouda - 5

And ohw yeah, if CA is trying to turn Josh into a DM then i hope he (by he i mean CA) moves on soon.

And Kalou over Sturridge again.. sigh.

Horrible first half. Game was over after 2-0, Bolton stopped putting pressure on us so the game was easy after then. Yet we still weren't able to really perform so i'm still worried. Poor but efficient game. But we won, scored four goals and didn't concede so i guess i should be happy about that.

But there's no way we'll beat the likes of Man Utd, Spurs and City if we play like this. I even give Copenhagen a good chance knocking us out if we continue like this. CA has a lot of work to do.

I get what you're saying. Bolton weren't a true test of character, because as you said, they gave up after 2-0 (in a sense)

However, that being said, it does show positive signs. We've started a mini run now, 3 in a row (including the 7-0 vs Ipswich) if we can maintain this with the FA Cup match next weekend and then Sunderland after, we have a good chance of improving our over all game.

But for now, let's celebrate a much long-delayed 4-0 win ;)blue%20scalf.gif

But there's no way we'll beat the likes of Man Utd, Spurs and City if we play like this. I even give Copenhagen a good chance knocking us out if we continue like this. CA has a lot of work to do.

Cech - 6.5

Bosingwa - 5.0

Ivanovic - 5.5

Terry - 6.0

Cole - 5.0

Mikel - 6.0

Essien - 5.0

Ramires - 5.5

Anelka - 6.5

Drogba - 6.0

Malouda - 5

And ohw yeah, if CA is trying to turn Josh into a DM then i hope he moves on soon.

And Kalou over Sturridge again.. sigh.

Bit harsh on DD there but agree with the rest. Let's not get carried away, we're still only 4th. Need better performances while keeping the efficiency in front of goal intact. And someone needs to give Essien the hairdryer. He's been horrible for a while now.

I get what you're saying. Bolton weren't a true test of character, because as you said, they gave up after 2-0 (in a sense)

However, that being said, it does show positive signs. We've started a mini run now, 3 in a row (including the 7-0 vs Ipswich) if we can maintain this with the FA Cup match next weekend and then Sunderland after, we have a good chance of improving our over all game.

But for now, let's celebrate a much long-delayed 4-0 win ;)blue%20scalf.gif

That's true. I added something like that to my post later on.

After the horrible start,didnt see that coming.May not been the best performance but compared to what we've had.Miles better!!! Good defending at time.And good to see Drogba score :D and Ramiers :D :D bless him

This is what we need every week from now!!

Bit harsh on DD there but agree with the rest. Let's not get carried away, we're still only 4th. Need better performances while keeping the efficiency in front of goal intact. And someone needs to give Essien the hairdryer. He's been horrible for a while now.

About Essien, like the last three games, he starts very poor and then improves as the game goes. There's something wrong with him mentally at the moment but i hope he get's it together soon.

My opinion on players:

Cech - friggin best GK in the world right now. Seems back to his best self like before the injury. Great reaction time, good on going out to centres and very confident overall. Just magnificent. - 7

Ivanovic - wall in the defence, although he did few mistakes today - 7

Terry - captain, leader, legend. Still looking good, pushing us forward, never complaining, classy display from classy player. - 7

Cole - didn't really pay much attention to him. Looked good on going forward, sometimes he was missed at the back imo, tried to find a net too much sometimes - 6

Bosingwa - didn't pay much attention to him either although he was visible and fast going back. Good display - 6

Mikel - beast in the midfield. You can all complain, he dominates teams. Great ball control and strong to keep the ball. Surely was missed - 7

Essien - shaky display, seemed lost at the beginning, found himself later though. Had few good runs up front, not a display I would expect from him. Needs a hairdryer or bench. - 5

Ramires - I'm starting to absolutely love him. Running his ass off, working hard and trying to find a goal or a pass. He was everywhere on the pitch and I see a bit of Maka in him. He needs some bulking up though, because they out muscled him at occasions. Good goal, hope it's a beggining for more to come. - 8

Malouda - IMO he wasn't visible today enough, although he did fight for every ball. Good performance as usual. Love his partnership with Cole on the wing, they work together great. Good goal and contribution to other scores. - 6

Anelka - good to see him at least trying to shoot. Good pace running for the long balls but he seems to lose his old killer instinct. Wasted too many chances, but looked better than recent performances in league. Maybe a goal will boost his confidence up. - 6

Drogba - finally Drogba as we know him. Absolute beast, great goal and contribution. Easily MOTM. When he finally decides to move his ass a bit we see other Chelsea. Nice abs. Hope he can keep it up and work on his pace a little bit because I think JT would win 100m run with him. And try to do something else when you take a free kick, because everyone knows what you're going to do Didier. - 9

Josh -a lot of passes, not very creative today but he could use more minutes. Despire his posture didn't get pushed off the ball too much. Hope he gets more chances because he looks like our number one prospect at the moment. - 6

Kalou - invisible. He came on and that's the last time I saw him. Don't know if he tried to shoot or run or if he was even there. - 5