Australian Floods

Steve

Not sure if anyone on here had seen what is happening here in Australia but there is terrible floods happening in the North of Australia in the state of Queensland. 3 quarters of the state is under water and are disaster zones. Some parts of the state are in depths of 8 meters of water and have to be air lifted out of there homes. These are the worst floods to hit queensland since 1974. At the moment 13 people have been announced dead but hundreds of people are missing. The main city of Brisbane is slowly over flowing as well and if the water keeps coming the whole city will go under water.

A video of just how bad it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-BEMTwh4hI

This video is from a couple of weeks back and was this bad then, its so much worse now.

THE%20CAGE%20INGHAM%20FLOODS-20-600x400.jpg

507616257-1-600x400.jpg

507750406-600x400.jpg

If anyone is interested in donating money to help the cause you can at this website: http://www.qld.gov.a...ods/donate.html

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I heard that on the radio but I couldn't imagine this was that bad...

To be honest, I would never imagined that Australia could undergo floods. In my mind it was a country where there weren't a lot of rains and where there was only dryness... So I guess my view is just a sterotype of the southern ?

And by the way, those floods are something usual ? Or they just happen every 20 years or so ?

I hope the situation will get better...

The Earth is really going mad (this, Haiti, and so many exemple)... And it's our fault...

Jesus.. Has this affected you Steve?

My uncle lives in Perth, next time I speak to him I'll ask about this. But I have been hearing about it and killamanjaro is right, some of these disasters are of our own doing! Hopefully the tides will soon die down

Wow, I heard that on the radio but I couldn't imagine this was that bad...

To be honest, I would never imagined that Australia could undergo floods. In my mind it was a country where there weren't a lot of rains and where there was only dryness... So I guess my view is just a sterotype of the southern ?

And by the way, those floods are something usual ? Or they just happen every 20 years or so ?

I hope the situation will get better...

The Earth is really going mad (this, Haiti, and so many exemple)... And it's our fault...

In the north of Australia they have a wet season pretty much every year but it has not been this bad for such a long time. The wet season normally only affects the outer parts of Queensland not so much the main cities, but that is not the case this year. We have been dealing with drought for the last 10 years but as you can see thats not the case anymore and we now have a Disaster zone for 3 quarters of the state of Queensland.

Jesus.. Has this affected you Steve?

My uncle lives in Perth, next time I speak to him I'll ask about this. But I have been hearing about it and killamanjaro is right, some of these disasters are of our own doing! Hopefully the tides will soon die down

It has not affected me in the sense that i have been anywhere near these floods but i do have family in Queensland who are on higher ground. They live in the mountains, and i have been keeping in contact with them and they are trapped on there property and cannot get out because all the lower roads are completely flooded.

In Victoria we are still having one of the wettest summers for a very long time. For the last 10 years we have received very little rain but it has basically rained every single day for the last few months. It just wont stop and we have had little floods but not to the extent the Queensland is having to have all there houses destroyed.

It's all our own fucking fault :(

Hope you're okay Steve ... take care mate

I am fine mate :)

Have a look at these photos just to see how bad it really is: http://news.ninemsn....sland.slideshow

Jesus, the bright skies make it seem almost oxymoronic. I can't imagine how devestating it is to lose your home in such a way.

When you see things like that it just makes you feel grateful over the things you have, while the news goes on about bank bonuses, it all seems trivial compared to what's going on down-under.