Tomorrow is vital for rest of the season

Wilson

@Everyone calling our current squad average.

Check the squad topic we had back in September to see the original reactions.

Did we have to drop 18 points to realize the bloody obvious? How many more will it take to see that playing the same losing team with the same tactics for over two months may have cost us the title?

Haha you definitely called it.. Any ideas on how you suggest fixing it?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to take as many points as well can, and with the next couple of games, if Carlo can get the lads pumped up with each one, maybe we can fight for 3rd or even 2nd, but that all depends on persistence the players have when they finally find there form was again.

@Everyone calling our current squad average.

Check the squad topic we had back in September to see the original reactions.

Did we have to drop 18 points to realize the bloody obvious? How many more will it take to see that playing the same losing team with the same tactics for over two months may have cost us the title?

Jesus, just looking at those names gives me a smile! This will be a great season :')

:lol: can't believe how deluded I was..

:lol: can't believe how deluded I was..

To be fair few could predict such a catastrophic run. Even with our limited squad it took some horrible man-management and underpefrorming from our players to get where we are. Our squad was small enough with the U21s, without them we were bound to get into trouble sooner rather than later.

To get out of this mess we'll have to take full advantage of the coming transfer window (= no Ben Haim, Sidwell, Benayoun et al), tweak our tactics to suit our available personnel (e.g. never play Anelka as a central striker, put Kalou back on the bench), and start rotating our overplayed players (Malouda, Mikel, Drogba).

From where I'm standing I don't trust our football board enough to do the first one and after the Marseille game I've lost faith in Ancelotti's willingness to completely change things around.