2010 Squad announced

Aria

well , it's pretty obvious that our squad lacks depth. you might say that is because we wanna give our youngsters their chances , well three out of those 6 players are forwards (sturridge - kakuta - borini) while we have the same no. of forwards as last year , we lost joe cole but we got benayoun .so i can't see how is this better for them ???

so this will be how it works malouda - Drogba - anelka are starters if anyone of them gets injured kalou will come in if another one is injured then benayoun will be next if our luck is so bad that a third one is injured then sturridge will come in and even if another one is out then zhirkov will come in . so for borini and kakuta who a lot of chelsea fans can't wait to see, will never be favourites to start games even if all of our three forwards are injured !!!!

so most probably they will get the 7 - 10 minutes in the end of matches against weaker teams when we are up 3 - 0 or 4 -0 , the only player i can see benefiting from this realistically is Bruma and may be sturridge but for others i don't see them starting or getting the needed time except hopefully in the carling cup .

i think we should have kept matic and mancienne who imo would have provided much much better cover than ferrera

my point is when you have three promising forwards that you want to give them a chance and you are trying to make your squad thinner so why don't you just let some forwards of or at least don't get new old ones instead of just letting off defenders and midfielders where you don't have the same no. of promising youngsters coming in .

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kakuta is more of a midfielder, not a forward although I recogn he'd be amazing on the wings despite the fact we are better playing without wings lol. Could maybe try it a few times with Anelka and Kakuta out there supplying Drogba lol :)

people have been complaining for years we werent giving young players a chance ,,,now carlo intends to ,,,,and of course its wrong ...

seems some people are never pleased

:clap:

Absolutely spot on, this squad is designed to give our most talented youngsters real chances of playing a good number of games. We no longer have players who are average to stop them getting games, we have an exceptionally strong squad of experienced players supplimented with a group of 5 top class youngsters. You can never please everyone thats for sure, but we should look at this squad and be pleased.. With the number of versatile players we have i can't see us struggling unless we have real crippling injury problems, which you can never prepare for.

Only 16 senior out-field players is a risk. Ideally you would want 2 more but the club is placing more emphasis on the young players which considering the money being spent on them is understandable. But the big question is will Carlo trust them in important games and rotate the squad to avoid over-working a small group of senior players? I hope Bruma in particular is ready because he seems the most likely of the young players to play the most.

And the sooner Bosingwa returns the better! God I've missed him.