Ray Wilkins breaks silence

LDN Blue

"I don't think I fell out with him (Abramovich) at all. I think if that was the case, then I would have been removed from my position immediately.

"There wasn't an actual row (after the Inter defeat) it was more of a discussion.

"I think everybody was immediately after the game a bit pent up and we'd been knocked out of the Champions League by Inter, who are a very good side and over two games, deservedly beat us.

"I think we're big enough to come away from that situation but we've moved on from there and we've gone and done the double but obviously the owner felt that there was need of a change."

Epitome of 'humble'?

I can name a good handful of managers/assistants who would've come out and slated the club. Instead this amazing footballing icon and character comes out and defends Roman, not once criticising his decision.

Ray Wilkins - An unsung Chelsea hero :worship:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still sickened by the way he has been treated.

Likewise Zyes. Disgusting.

He might have broken silence, but theres no explanation, and to be honest I doubt if there ever will be. He would have got a fat brown envelope the other week, and signed a non-disclosure form of some sort ala Mourinho.

The way i see it is, as a body Carlo is the brain, the players are the hands and feet and Wilkins was the heart. He was the one sending blood throughout the body.. Without our heart, we are fucked. There is just nobody between the players and the manager any more. :(

The way i see it is, as a body Carlo is the brain, the players are the hands and feet and Wilkins was the heart. He was the one sending blood throughout the body.. Without our heart, we are fucked. There is just nobody between the players and the manager any more. :(

You're wrong. There's Emenalo dry.gif

And now the alternative view from yours truly...

Time to move on. Thanks for everything Ray but enough please. You've been paid a handsome salary and now compensation. You were on TV doing f*ck all before you were asked to be Scolari's translator. Now you're back on Sky Sports doing the same, so consider the last 2 years a treat and count yourself lucky! Bye. :wave:

You're better than that. Let's not reproduce that crap on a forum of mostly well-informed users.

:lol: don't worry. I was just planting the idea as bait.

Carlo is much more reserved than José Mourinho was. Meaning Carlo won't really care who's sitting on his staff as long as they work for him and don't get in the way. Emenalo does not even take part in training so it's simply nothing. :)

:lol: don't worry. I was just planting the idea as bait.

Carlo is much more reserved than José Mourinho was. Meaning Carlo won't really care who's sitting on his staff as long as they work for him and don't get in the way. Emenalo does not even take part in training so it's simply nothing. :)

Oh I think he cares. The thing is he doesn't have much say as to what is going on. He has no control over the players purchased, the squad size and now his assistants.

Carlo is just the coach of the first team. Nothing more than that.