Hyper-critical fans

zolayes

It seems to me that many seem over critical of certain Chelsea players. I can understand disappointments and frustrations that have arisen lately.

What I dislike is the excessive criticisms of certain players who seem to becoming scapegoats. This is nothing new ,two years ago it was "RUBBISH"

Malouda , last year we had "SLOW COACH " Ballack . Early this season it was of course "KALOULESS".

Current favourite hate figures seem to be Paola and more worringly Ramires.

Paolo is a model squad player ,,willing to play anywhere asked,, never grumbling or causing trouble. Ramires has only just joined us FFS show

some patience ,he does have great qualities so please get off his back.

Of course this is not to say players are beyond critisism but let it be reasoned and constructive.

Try to look for positives not simply rubbishing them

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this rant.

I admit, before this season I didn't regard Kalou very highly. But that all changed once the season had begun. Even last night I was a bit disappointed about his half-time appearance, (more due to Kakuta coming off) but I hold my hand up and say I won't doubt him again.

On the Ramires point, most logical fans on here have realised we must give him time, so I'll say nothing there.

As for Ferreira, well one of BlueLion's avatar/caption said it all.. "Loyal Servant" to the club.

IMO Kalou is the only one that deserves his current reputation.

I can defend each and every single one of our players, Turnbull included, but Kalou has been building his reputation for years now.

But you must admit he's improved?!

& how can you defend Turnbull but not Kalou?

Edited by LDN Blue

But you must admit he's improved?!

He was so dreadful in the first place that every time that he has a decent game it's a success,not unlike Turnbull. Sure he was good for just a month or so during the last season and has some impressive stats this season but he's still easily one of our 3 worst senior players (Turnbull and Ferreira being the other 2).
& how can you defend Turnbull but not Kalou?
Turnbull has had some decent games, and I just haven't seen enough of him to completely write off the chances of him improving. His fuck-ups are highlighted because goalkeepers aren't allowed to make mistakes, Kalou on the other hand has had the privilege of playing woefully and being carried by some world-class teammates for most of his Chelsea career.

I wouldn't be willing to risk playing him but I've seen some horrible goalkeepers having decent careers.

He was so dreadful in the first place that every time that he has a decent game it's a success,not unlike Turnbull. Sure he was good for just a month or so during the last season and has some impressive stats this season but he's still easily one of our 3 worst senior players (Turnbull and Ferreira being the other 2).

Turnbull has had some decent games, and I just haven't seen enough of him to completely write off the chances of him improving. His fuck-ups are highlighted because goalkeepers aren't allowed to make mistakes, Kalou on the other hand has had the privilege of playing woefully and being carried by some world-class teammates for most of his Chelsea career.

I wouldn't be willing to risk playing him but I've seen some horrible goalkeepers having decent careers.

you are the type of fan Im complaining about ,,,finds a player to blame and can see nothing of his qualities ,,,he is probably our best dribbler

and one of the few willing to take players on . of course this type of player will lose possession at times ..he also takes up a lot of good positions.

but of course you just ignore this .

you are the type of fan Im complaining about ,,,finds a player to blame and can see nothing of his qualities ,,,he is probably our best dribbler

and one of the few willing to take players on . of course this type of player will lose possession at times ..he also takes up a lot of good positions.

Malouda, Zhirkov, Benayoun and maybe even Sturridge are better dribblers than Kalou.

Ferreira has been solid this season and pre-season. When he's been called upon he's been disciplined, confident and hardly given the ball away. He's a traditional right back, meaning he won't go on the attack as much as Bosingwa or Ivanovic but he still has good defensive abilities and is someone you can rely on. Furthermore, never once has he complained about lack of games, in fact he appreciates the limited time he is given. When he does go forward his crosses are gems at times.

You say you can defend Turnbull, yet you name him as "one of our.. worst senior players". And don't get me wrong, I'm not going to hate on Turnbull, because I agree, there is more spotlight put on a goalkeeper than there is on any other. He has not been as bad as we think, Carlo had enough confidence to play him in the absence of Cech vs Inter Milan last season and he made no mistakes there.

As for Kalou. Well if you didn't see the difference he made last night, well there's no getting through to you.

We should think about what we want from players...Kalou is not the kind of player we expect to see in a team who wants to become the biggest club in the world. Malouda played nice last season, but before that his perfirmace was really poor. He deserved the critics. Ramires performance is poor right now. He must improve.

This the life in big clubs. For players and managers. So you expect to fans to watch a player fucking the game and think: lets wait 2 or 3 years to see if hes good or not.

all good with the ball but he runs at them with more pace ..at least IMHO.

Yeah that's true but that's not a dribbler though :halo:. That's more the speedster type like Walcott.

And I think Danny and Salomon run at players with similar pace.

you are the type of fan Im complaining about ,,,

No shit!
finds a player to blame and can see nothing of his qualities ,,,he is probably our best dribbler
Not even close. But even if he was that would be saying something about our dribblers. Diaby may be a beast of power at Arsenal but he's still a pussy by our standards.
and one of the few willing to take players on .
Which by itself means nothing, we've certainly done fine without "dribblers" who take players on .
he also takes up a lot of good positions.

I've given him credit for that numerous times, doesn't really help him when he kicks the ball to row Z in front of an empty goal though

I've congratulated him every single time he has had a genuinely good game unlike you who tend to just not comment whenever he's playing like a headless chicken.

Should've named this thread "Fans who're critical of our beloved Kalou" instead of complaining about fans who slate players who've been playing for us since August.

Ferreira has been solid this season and pre-season. When he's been called upon he's been disciplined, confident and hardly given the ball away. He's a traditional right back, meaning he won't go on the attack as much as Bosingwa or Ivanovic but he still has good defensive abilities and is someone you can rely on. Furthermore, never once has he complained about lack of games, in fact he appreciates the limited time he is given. When he does go forward his crosses are gems at times.

Exactly.

Do you see me complaining whenever Ferreira gets picked or has a bad game (like against Sunderland) ?

I appreciate what he offers to the team and don't complain about him having a bad game cause I know what he's capable of and what he's given us all those years.

You say you can defend Turnbull, yet you name him as "one of our.. worst senior players". And don't get me wrong, I'm not going to hate on Turnbull, because I agree, there is more spotlight put on a goalkeeper than there is on any other. He has not been as bad as we think, Carlo had enough confidence to play him in the absence of Cech vs Inter Milan last season and he made no mistakes there.

So knowing and pointing out a player's weaknesses even though you don't hate him doesn't make sense?

Come on lets be honest here, was my remark about him being one of our 3 worst senior players really wide off the mark?

As for Kalou. Well if you didn't see the difference he made last night, well there's no getting through to you.
I did but his contribution last night has been overblown here, I didn't see him being the tremendous threat he was after our 1st goal was scored. And even if he had outperformed Messi last night would one (1) game really change your opinion about a player?

Exactly.

Do you see me complaining whenever Ferreira gets picked or has a bad game (like against Sunderland) ?

I appreciate what he offers to the team and don't complain about him having a bad game cause I know what he's capable of and what he's given us all those years.

So knowing and pointing out a player's weaknesses even though you don't hate him doesn't make sense?

Come on lets be honest here, was my remark about him being one of our 3 worst players really wide off the mark?

I did but his contribution last night has been overblown here, I didn't see him being the threat he was after our 1st goal was scored. And even if he had outperformed Messi last night would one (1) game really change your opinion about a player?

Valid points and come backs, fair game. Just sticking to Kalou, I do urge you to keep your mind open about him this season, he may surprise you with how much he's improved and how he's stepping up. I do think Sturridge is better than Kalou, but they both give us something different. Kalou is also an impact player from the subs bench, that's why he's a good player to have, he'll come on and make a difference.

start your own thread "10 reasons I hate kalou "..should make interesting reading..

but facts not hyperbole.......

I don't see why anyone would start a thread about it.

If you can't spot 10 reasons why I don't rate this so-called improved Kalou from his recent performance against Birmingham there's no point of having this discussion.

I don't see why anyone would start a thread about it.

If you can't spot 10 reasons why I don't rate this so-called improved Kalou from his recent performance against Birmingham there's no point of having this discussion.

quote facts dont just keeping spouting your bias ...NAME 10 facts or shut up