Potential 2007/8 Honours Update

OK Just over half way through the season. Theres a realistic chance of either or both of the domestic cups , and a real chance of the CL now this season. Anelka I feel will be an inspired signing.

As far as the League is concerned, admittedly Yernited are looking incredibly strong, but they and Arse will drop more points. Not forgetting they have to play each other on 12/4 and both have to come to Fortress Bridge on 22/3 and 26/4 respectively. Given the trials and tribulations of the last two months the players have done superbly well to stay in contention in the league.

It even seems to be the case that we are playing in a more attractive style, despite Grant, but we still need the right mix of Jose's never lose mentality with a creative freedom . It makes you think where we'd be without the ACN, and with a real manager.

However, I can see a distinct possibilty of at least one parade bus coming out of the garage come May.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are certainly looking good thats for sure, and i don't believe it would be possible for us to be doing any better than we are considering all the circumstances and i don't think anyone thought we would be.

The Carling Cup looks like it could be comming home again and we are looking good for all the others too, taking one game at a time we have a good chance to make a success of this season still.

Yup it's a Quad season, I can feel it . :)

As far as the other two contenders are concerned in the league, they've both shown they can slip up. Arsenal this week, United against West Ham. Its important we keep up the pressure.

Yup it's a Quad season, I can feel it . :)

As far as the other two contenders are concerned in the league, they've both shown they can slip up. Arsenal this week, United against West Ham. Its important we keep up the pressure.

Absolutely, this title could go to any of the 3 teams and it will be a seriously close call come the end of the season. If we can make it through without our african players and without suffering any more serious injuries then we definately have a great shot of winning the league.

Absolutely, this title could go to any of the 3 teams and it will be a seriously close call come the end of the season. If we can make it through without our african players and without suffering any more serious injuries then we definately have a great shot of winning the league.

Chasing two is definitely more of an ask than one, but it's only four points and considering what a shambles the start of the season was, compounded with the injuries, it's definitely game on.

Chasing two is definitely more of an ask than one, but it's only four points and considering what a shambles the start of the season was, compounded with the injuries, it's definitely game on.

Of course, we was completely written off at one point. The most important factor in our chase for the title is that they still have to play each other and we have to play them both at the bridge. The gap could be closed up pretty sharpish, i think it will be Man you we are chasing more than Arsenal though.

Well I would have thought so. Though they can fuck up away from home quite easily.

Yup, Manure are by no means unbeatable. And at some stage they will get injuries to their key players, and they DO struggle without their key players as we have seen already.

It could be a very exciting end to the season for us thats for sure.

A true idea of the picture would only come post ACN, when the african players wil be returning and so will the injured ones around that time.. so we'll be at our strongest, bar injuries... if we are still within 4 points, and won the CC and in the fa cup, i'd say we have a fucking good chance of the Quad under the Legendary Grant :P

Yup, Manure are by no means unbeatable. And at some stage they will get injuries to their key players, and they DO struggle without their key players as we have seen already.

It could be a very exciting end to the season for us thats for sure.

I know its a bit of 'if me aunty had bollocks she'd be me uncle' but...... if we'd better results earlier on against the Arse and Man United we'd be sitting at the top of the pile this morning.

I know its a bit of 'if me aunty had bollocks she'd be me uncle' but...... if we'd better results earlier on against the Arse and Man United we'd be sitting at the top of the pile this morning.

Very true, but we never stood a chance against Manure and the Arse game we deserved a lot more from too so i think there is something to take from those games still. I still think there are going to be one or 2 additions to the squad this window so we could be looking very strong for the rest of the season.

i know it sounds wrong, but having Drogba, Essien, Lampard and Terry unavailable hasn't been as bad as first feared.

Replacing Drogba = Sheva played well a few weeks back, we still created chances and he scored a few. Now we have Anelka who at the top end of the pitch, is just as lethal, if not, more so. Just Drogba's all round game is superior.

Replacing Essien = SWP has been great lately, Malouda is back, we have many many options in the midfield area, the 4-3-3 is a perfect solution when there's no Essien. Makelele himself was absolutely brilliant on Saturday in essiens spot, he's still got it.

Replacing Lampard = Ballack. He looks a different player without Lampard, he's taken every match by the scruff of the neck and he's dominated and controlled them. He's been fautless since coming back from injury.

Replacing Terry = Well carvalho coming back was a huge boost, but the form of Alex has been outstanding. He's taken his chance and not put a foot wrong and hes getting better all the time. Again.....Magnificent on Saturday.

Our problem's arent what they seem. Maybe these unavailable players are a blessing in disguise, all our players have played well with each other in big games and came through with flying colours. When we get injuries in the future, there's nothing to worry about.

Edited by OllieCFC

Excellant post Ollie.... We certainly have been able to cope more with the loss of big players this season than ever before. Before we have seriously struggled but this season we have coped well with the players stepping up for the challenge. What we have lacked though i feel in the absense of Drogba is a out and out goalscorer which is what i hope Anelka will bring, we create plenty of chances at the moment but we are taking enough of those chances.

also agree great post ollie spot on :)

i think we have great cover when we have a player injured or like atm the african nations cup..

im really happy with the way the team is playing without our big name players because they have stuck to the task and played so well as a team and never given up to the final whistle..

i think this title is more than up for grabs for us and i think we will push it right to the end.

It has been a crazy season so far and we would never have expected to be in this position. The team is bearing up well even though there are clearly a few players who are not up to scratch we have looked at covering that.

I would say now that we are in great shape to at least win something this season which will be a great achievement.

This season has all been about Francenals free flowing football and Manures total football and we've been quietly going through the motions. Most of the attention on us had been about Grunts appointment and with the fans showing their negativity towards him, that has maybe run in our favour with the others neglecting to consider us as serious challengers.

When all the ACON boys return we should also have Lamps, JT and Sheva back ready for the final charge toward the top. Theres something twitching in the back of my head saying that we can do the the impossible and take the title. Grunt has been lucky with some of his results and his tactical changes during a game have been bonkers to say the least, but funnily enough, they work out.

You need luck along the way to the title and Grunt certainly has had that from day 1 of his appointment. It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if things went our way. Its been a fucked up season so far, and theres gonna be a lot more crazy shit on the cards before May.

agree with all you said, i have the same feeling about us winning the title and there is a lot of crazy stuff guaranteed to happen from now to the end of the season too. If we're still in contention by the time everyones back, damn its gonna get exciting, can see a blue power surge happening. Feels a bit like 1998/1999 all over again.