The Serie A Thread

Steve

Milan's best signing has been Kevin Prince Boateng. The manager is a real idiot for not playing him every game. Their midfield has no pace or physicality at all and even then he sits this guy on the bench though he is exactly what they need. Flamini is a dud, Seedorf really shouldn't be playing anymore, his legs are gone. Gattuso huffs and puffs and gives it his all but age is catching up with him.

Was just about to type something like this. The midfield Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf is a complete joke (combined age of 97!).

Instead of investing in a good goalkeeper, solid sidebacks and fresh midfielders they went and bought Ibrahimovic, while they already had Borriello and Huntelaar, and Robinho...

Was just about to type something like this. The midfield Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf is a complete joke (combined age of 97!).

Instead of investing in a good goalkeeper, solid sidebacks and fresh midfielders they went and bought Ibrahimovic, while they already had Borriello and Huntelaar, and Robinho...

Agree about the keeper. Amelia does not look like a kind of keeper that'll keep them solid. Lord knows how they managed to keep on Dida for so many years, he was god awful!

However, Borriello and Hunterlaar had an awful season last year. Mind you, if Pato wasn't injured no-one would've noticed. However these 2 failed in trying to fill that void. Ibrahimovic and Robinho signings were genius. Especially Ibra, he's been scoring in almost every game.

Agree about the keeper. Amelia does not look like a kind of keeper that'll keep them solid. Lord knows how they managed to keep on Dida for so many years, he was god awful!

However, Borriello and Hunterlaar had an awful season last year. Mind you, if Pato wasn't injured no-one would've noticed. However these 2 failed in trying to fill that void. Ibrahimovic and Robinho signings were genius. Especially Ibra, he's been scoring in almost every game.

Borriello scored 14 times in 29 league matches so i wouldn't say he had an awful season. Not a great season but a solid one and he scored a lot of beauties.

Huntelaar never really got the chance to show his quality. Yet he still managed to score a good amount of goals when you looked at his game time minutes. You never judge a player qualities after just one full season, ask Florent or Didier. Now he's scoring goals for fun at Schalke and the Dutch national team, 9 goals in his last 8 matches.

And of course Ibra is a good signing, he's a phenomal player. But what i was trying to say is that the striker role wasn't Milan's greatest concern. Now they have great attackers but average (and very slow) midfielders, weak defenders (except for Thiago Silva and Nesta is still solid) and keepers that can cause you a heart attack.

About Robinho, good player but really nothing special. I like the guy cause he's a real entertainer but he's too inconsistent.

I'm happy Borriello moved to Roma, I think he's going to be immense linking up with the likes of Totti, Vucinic and Adriano. Will be interesting to see how Claudio uses him because Roma have this tendency of switching to strikerless formations.

How's Adriano doing at Roma anyway! I was glad once I found out he'd been signed but haven't seen him featured much. Is he still the same player he used to be?

He's been injured unfortunately and hasn't featured as yet. Out for another month atleast. Such a shame because I was really looking forward to seeing him play alongside Vucinic.

Few questions for the serie a followers

1. How is momo sissoko doing at juve is he still destroying attacks like he did at liverpool !

2. I have heard a lot of good things from a young striker called Abel Hernandez for palermo how good is he ?

Few questions for the serie a followers

1. How is momo sissoko doing at juve is he still destroying attacks like he did at liverpool !

2. I have heard a lot of good things from a young striker called Abel Hernandez for palermo how good is he ?

I can only answer your first question, don't know much about Hernandez.. Momo Sissoko is not being used that much by Juve now. In fact there's a rumour going around that Juve-Wolfsburg will trade Sissoko for Dzeko & of course Juve would pay more because Dzeko is worth more.