No plans to move stadiums

LDN Blue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not knock Stamford Bridge and build a stadium in its site? We could play in Twickenham or The Olympic Stadiium in the meantime.

Cant expand cause of the Underground? Something like that and the two exits means cant hold more then a certain amount of people in case of fire and all...they mentioned it on the tour something along those lines

Yeah, as far as I know we're already exceeding the number it should be, or something along those lines - something like 40,000 is the maximum it should be considering the small number of exits around the ground, although I may have misread that.

But I like the idea of rebuilding, but I don't see how we could rebuild and get many more seats in. Maybe redesigning the stands so its a bowl-like design, that way we can build in the corners. I believe it would be cheaper just to move though.

A ground share will could massively cut the building cost and if QPR's owner is as rich as they say it has the possibility to cut the cost in half. However if QPR get promotion and manage to build a top 10 side it will be a pain in the ass for everyone.

Seaching wiki I found that there was a rumour of QPR wanting a ground share with Fulham, if they are really desperate we might get the upper hand in the design and development of the ground thus making it less lifeless it typically would be.

Yeah, as far as I know we're already exceeding the number it should be, or something along those lines - something like 40,000 is the maximum it should be considering the small number of exits around the ground, although I may have misread that.

It's because all 3 exits lead onto the same road. Then there is the rail line behind the east stand and the district line runs right behind the Matthew Harding, a right pain in the arse tbh but thats what comes with being in such a fantastic location. Personally I don't want a move and really don't think we need to as much as everyone makes out - Bolton, Villa and Ipswich have all gone on general sale and big games aside tickets really aren't that hard to come by if you are a member. There is no way we would sell out 60,000 every week unless tickets prices went right down (won't happen). With my latest visit to the emirates still fresh in the memory the thought of a new stadium is even more unappealing than usual.

As for the ground share, no thanks. That would really be awful. :mouthclosed: