Didier visits the Drogba stadium

Steve

DIDIER VISITS THE Drogba STADIUM

Posted on: Thu 30 Sep 2010 Didier Drogba was in Paris on Wednesday, as he was visited the new Levallois Sporting Club stadium in Paris, which has been named after him.

The official inauguration ceremony at Le Stade Didier Drogba was attended by Patrick Balkany (pictured below), the mayor of Levallois, Jean-Pierre Aubry, the president of Levallois SC and the Chelsea forward.

0,,10268%7E9087088,00.jpg

Speaking at the opening of the stadium, Drogba said: 'I am so proud to have the new stadium named after me. I spent some very happy times at Levallois as a teenager, so this is a great honour for me.'

The new stadium is situated in Levallois-Perret, a north-western suburb of Paris. Levallois SC play in the fourth tier of French football where Didier played youth football from the age of 15, before moving to Le Mans when he was 19, signing his first professional contract at the age of 21.

0,,10268%7E9087091,00.jpg

Le Stade Didier Drogba aims to develop young players, providing them with opportunities to work towards their footballing ambitions.

Source: Chelsea FC

Must be a great feeling to have a stadium named after you. But well deserved!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't think of many great players that had a stadium named after them while still alive and playing.Shame that they don't do that in England,I'd love a JT and Lamps stadium.

To be fair, we name stands after our legends, that's something. I can picture sitting in the Frank Lampard Stand one day!

good for didier.

Rooney can keep being ea sports fifas but buddy having his face Advertised everywhere As the man united never give up soldier

But he will never be great enough to have A stadium named After him

Drogba Is norris

Nice heartwarming story

lol. everton isn't some fourth tier english league club.