Chelsea vs Blackpool

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Blackpool  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • Blackpool victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless draw
  2. 2. Player to watch?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes , essien was great in the last couple of matches but he is no lamps ..... not because he scored a couple of goals and made a couple of good passes then he can replace lamps and be better !!!!!! he will never be able to link up play like lamps also the greatest thing about lampard is his consistency , every season 20 or more goals and about 20 assists do you think essien can do that ??????? i don't think so ...

i agree with you that essien is better defensively but if you have two players like mikel and essien in midfield why would you be looking for a third midfielder with super defensive powers ???? i think you should be looking for some creativity and lampard provides that and still keep his defensive duties ..

Lampard is Irreplaceable in the LCM !!!!! specially in the way we play and also essien is Irreplaceable because no one can come in in the RCM and be the powerhorse essein is .

the season has only started ,We are all Lampard fans but don't make that a reason for denigrating Essien . After a long injury he has come

back better than ever . A fit Essien is more than a suitable replacement for a 90% fit Lampard....Surely you dont class Essien as a DEFENSIVE

midfielder .. He isnt and never has been one except when emergencies arose.

I know Frank Lampard's worth! Our greatest ever player. :worship:

But Lampard started the season slowly and is coming back from an injury. It's not the ideal first game back in my opinion.

i think i have heard that sentence before ... ohh right that was last year when people said he started the season slowly only to end up with 29 goals and 20 assists !!!!!!

no , it's the ideal game to be back and i have no doubt if he is fit that he will start , i am only annoyed by the fact that people are already starting to get on his back just because he had a bad game against stoke city while he was injured !!!!

the season has only started ,We are all Lampard fans but don't make that a reason for denigrating Essien . After a long injury he has come

back better than ever . A fit Essien is more than a suitable replacement for a 90% fit Lampard....Surely you dont class Essien as a DEFENSIVE

midfielder .. He isnt and never has been one except when emergencies arose.

absolutely not , Essien is a monster he is our powerhorse and IMO he is without a doubt the best all-round midfielder in the world right now , but does he posses the creativity that lampard has ??? does he offer the alternatives that lampard provides ??? certainly not .... so again my point is overall yes essien may be the best box to box midfielder but in terms of creativity and attack lampard will be ahead of essien and ahead of any other midfielder and no one can deny it ...

to score 20+ every season for seven seasons that is something i have never seen from a CM but not only that in terms of linking play and ball distribution as well he is the best , his passing is superb , correct me if i am wrong but he made more than 20 assists last season .

so my point is we have 4 amazing midfielders to choose from :

mikel and ramires are defensive minded

essien is very balanced

lampard is more attack minded

so why should we play with two defensive minded players and one balanced when we are looking for a win ???? i think it makes more since to play with one defensive minded player (mikel) , a balanced one (essien) and a more attacking creative one (Lamps).

in that case we are gonna have more balance in our gameplay