Pizarro Pleads For Chance

SSN

Pizarro pleads for chance

Claudio Pizarro is desperate to be given a chance to prove himself for Chelsea.

The Peruvian has only made three starts in the Premier League since joining The Blues from Bayern Munich in the summer.

He was looking forward to an extended run in the side this month, with Didier Drogba jetting off to Ghana for the African Cup of Nations.

However, Nicolas Anelka is hoping to complete a move to Stamford Bridge this week to further increase competition for places.

Pizarro accepts that his future lies in Chelsea's hands, but has urged the board to give him more time.

The striker believes he can be successful in the Premier League if he is allowed enough opportunities to find his top form.

"It is important for me to play, get some confidence, to get some games and to get back into good shape," Pizarro told the Daily Express.

"I want to show what I can do.

"The board has to decide what they want to do, but I want the chance to play and the chance to show I can play centre-forward."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem for him is that he has been so poor when he has had his chances that it is hard to keep giving him chances. The ball just bounces off him and we lose the ball so much in good positions through him........

Poor is being kind.

Someone mentioned before he reminded them of Kuyt.....headless chicken and all that. Which is a good comparison. THeres a similarity with the way he's performing now and the way Sheva was when he first arrived. Difference being there was a bit of thought behind Shevas movement. Pizarro looks lost half the time.

Obviously he needs time to find his feet in the team as he hasnt had much playing time, but once he's on he reminds me of school football players who just run and run and run after the ball with no great effect.

Time, unfortunately for him, is the one thing we do not have.

In the few games he has played I have not been impressed with him at all, his movement off the ball is awful, to me he spends too much time running around like a headless chicken.

Maybe he will prove me wrong in the next couple of months, but I'm not going to hold my breathe waiting.

his chances will be limited....anelka is here.....

but then again his size and attribute is similar to berbatov.......

who knows if he hit form

Edited by kbchel

he drops too deep to be any kind of threat and age isnt on his side either. The best days of his career are behind him. He's not gonna get any better for us. I don't think he has the atributes to do anything other than what he's doing now.

To be fair on Pizzaro he did say he werent gana score many goals lol.

But still!Hope he aint gana turn into Sheva to scared/nervous to touch the ball cause he can never do anything right.Once he gets another goal think he'll be ok.Loosing confidence

As Layla said, Pizarro is loosing confidence so is trying to hard and making to many mistakes. I believe that if he scores another 1/2 goals and gets his confidence back up he'll be alright... I hope.

As Layla said, Pizarro is loosing confidence so is trying to hard and making to many mistakes. I believe that if he scores another 1/2 goals and gets his confidence back up he'll be alright... I hope.

Its looking less and less likely he'll get the chance to score tbh, Anelka looked head and shoulders better than him today even in the short time he had and not yet having actually trained with us.

I still don't get it why we took him over for free from Bayern, everytime het got chances he was utterly poor to not say shit all the way ! Asking for more chances ? Well, you gotta have to improve and not a little, if you can't then you may say Good Bye to Chelsea ! Also, he is lazy as hell ! No, definitely not a Chelsea material and EPL neither !

He's not lazy.

Just not that effective. :thumbsup:

Doesnt look like he'll be around much longer imo. Wether Drogba goes or not in the summer we will certainly be looking for another top striker and Pizarro will almost definately be surpluss to requirements.

He's far from lazy, he actually does too much, he plays like a midfielder, too deep to actually get any real chances. He's never in there. I wish he would let the midfielders do their jobs and focus on his own, which currently stands as 'Striker'