Third choice captain

Wilson

Drogba for me.

Captain of his country, Has been with the club for a few years now so commands respect with all he has acheived. And i remember him wearing it against Fulham a few seasons ago when JT was out and Lamps got subbed. No brainer for me. Drogs all the way.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of goalies or strikers being captains, I think defenders and midfielders are best suited for the armband. Of course the captain needs to be a bloke who's well respected and inspirational. I'd pick Essien with DD as vice-captain.

Players come out in interviews and say there is a group of leaders in the dressing room, JT, Frank and Didi. And behind them, theres a second group of Cech, Essien, think Carvalho and Joe were in there too.

Therefore, i'd imagine it'd be Didi. Good choice.

I'm not a fan of goalies or strikers being captains, I think defenders and midfielders are best suited for the armband. Of course the captain needs to be a bloke who's well respected and inspirational. I'd pick Essien with DD as vice-captain.

I do agree... He is quiet usually, but in the pitch he is a leader... Plus, he stop playing for Ghana with a good reason for a contribute to the club...

At lease he is an idol in the field. smiliecap1.gif

This should really be a no brainer... Besides Cech, Drogba has been at the club longer than any of the remaining player's and has age and experience.. He has love for the supporters and they have love for him. Give him the armband!

Last time Ashley cole was captian was against QPR in the FA CUP in 2008, and it lasted about 1 hour...

Didier_Drogba_414786a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like it hadn't been discussed before. JT probably just went to give it to Ash because Ash is next to JT on the pitch, they discussed it and realised Didier was the best option.

I'd have no problems with Ashley wearing the armband. He's properly 'one of us' to me now.

I'd like to see Essien be third choice, he has experience being a captain already this season, against Ajax in pre-season. He's commited, is easily a fan's favourite, and it's powerful midfielders like him who make good leaders I reckon.

Alternatively, I'd like to see Drogba make third choice