The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Been driving for a very long time :) will never forget the 3 months I spent driving around my backyard getting the timing right on shifting before mum would take me out on a road!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You were lucky you had your mum overlooking you, i had my elder brother! Man, was he strict sitting next to me! He took me out to the road within two days of me learning how to shift gears! I nearly banged my car twice.

I had my older sister to help me too, but honestly my parents wouldn't let any of us on the road until we had very good control. My dad still won't ride with one of us girl's driving after riding with my sister when she was 17 and she is now 54! He had hurt his back and he swears she made it 10x worse! I have to say of the four of us her driving is the worst!

Found it in the Shurrle thread

http://youtu.be/0AMuwjAYBm4

We bought ourselves a bloody boy-band. v. Ginkel even looks like Bieber

As long as Van Ginkel keeps playing well and showing such promise he can look like bieber all he wants. ha. The only people i've heard try to make fun of him for it so far are supporters of inferior teams who are just buttfrustrated from a trophy drought anyway. hahaha.

It really boils my shit when people say that 'there is no good music nowadays, it's all Justin Bieber and One Direction'. First of all that is complete bullshit, there will always be great music no matter what year it is. Second of all, look for music go to websites like last.fm or Pitchfork.com to find new bands instead of whinging about it.

Everybody remembers the good and not the bad. The 90s had Nirvana, Pavement, Nas and Blur to name a few. But the 90s also had Spin Doctors, Backstreet Boys, Right Said Fred, Vanilla Ice and Aqua.

The 80s had The Smiths, R.E.M, The Cure, Pixies, Stone Roses but the 80s also had Flock of Seagulls, Rick Astley, Toni Basil, Europe and Starship.

It really boils my shit when people say that 'there is no good music nowadays, it's all Justin Bieber and One Direction'. First of all that is complete bullshit, there will always be great music no matter what year it is. Second of all, look for music go to websites like last.fm or Pitchfork.com to find new bands instead of whinging about it.

Everybody remembers the good and not the bad. The 90s had Nirvana, Pavement, Nas and Blur to name a few. But the 90s also had Spin Doctors, Backstreet Boys, Right Said Fred, Vanilla Ice and Aqua.

The 80s had The Smiths, R.E.M, The Cure, Pixies, Stone Roses but the 80s also had Flock of Seagulls, Rick Astley, Toni Basil, Europe and Starship.

Well, Starship needs a footnote since it was originally Jefferson Airplane but as the original members left it devolved into Jefferson Starship and finally in a bid to keep up with the current style of music made the move to Starship. It was an example of a band that could not evolve with the changing times and finally ended up devolving into a parody of its original greatness.

Finishing my project about the 10 years since Abramovich changed the club.The video will be available Sunday. :blue scalf:

1377317351-80.png

Brilliant!

I was thinking about starting some movie making myself, I was wondering how I ought to start. What should I download, where can I learn and where can I get the recordings?

Thanks a lot.

Setting myself up big time to be ridiculed but IDGAF :P

My daughter loves them, and they are a total guilty pleasure of mine.

While I agree that there is always good music around, it doesn't mean that the amount of good music around is always the same. Of course there were flops in the 80s and 90s, but can you name 5 world-famous bands that make good music now?

Good music doesn't come from just a bunch of people picking up guitars and playing some notes, it comes from certain states of society as whole. Every major musical revolution was the birth product of an intellectual and cultural revolution in a society: Rock, Punk, even pop and rap.

While I agree that there is always good music around, it doesn't mean that the amount of good music around is always the same. Of course there were flops in the 80s and 90s, but can you name 5 world-famous bands that make good music now?

Good music doesn't come from just a bunch of people picking up guitars and playing some notes, it comes from certain states of society as whole. Every major musical revolution was the birth product of an intellectual and cultural revolution in a society: Rock, Punk, even pop and rap.

I kinda agree, but I also think that's the point Spike is trying to make. It's not because some bands/artists are not world-famous that the good music isn't there. You just have to look for it. IMO there's just as much good music nowadays as in the past. The problem is that there are much more people in the business than there used to be, so naturally you'll have to filter through more 'shit'.

Where's Stingray? Haven't seen him around here in a couple of days. Feels so weird!

He's up to something. It can't be good...