Kenyon leaves Chelsea Football Club

Peter Kenyon has decided to resign from his position as non-executive director of Chelsea Football Club to focus on his full-time role with Creative Artists Agency.

He leaves the post he took in November 2009, having previously served as CEO from 2004.

Chairman Bruce Buck said: 'Peter presided over the club during a time of great success and unprecedented commercial growth, and subsequently, as non-executive director he was effective in representing Chelsea FC in our dialogue with world football bodies.

'I'd like to thank Peter for everything he's done for this football club and everyone here wishes him well for the future. He'll always be welcome back at Chelsea.'

|| ChelseaFC ||

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are yet to see what Gourlay can do.. So we just have to wait.. As for Peter, I believe we relieved him only to reduce the wage bill... Remember he was on 2m a yr !! And now that the commercial side of our club is well established, Gourlay just has to maintain them... Also, most of our deals are long term deals which mean Gourlay does not hv to do anything abt it !!! His work wd now be solely concentrated on new avenues like Naming rights, Property development, hospitality packages, ticketing structures etc.

Yeah, it's a boy comming from Barça. His name is : Txiki Begiristain.

wikipedia bio

I don't really know this guy, but apparently is a great football director. So it's good for us ?

I don't know if he's that good.

Ibrahimovic = Eto + 46m €

Chygrynskiy = 25m €

Alves = 34m € + 6m € add-ons

These are not the type of prices I want us to pay tbh.

What Chelsea doesn't need is to spend so large amount in players.

Exactly. We need better scouts if anything, we need to take a page out of United's book, have scouts across the globe and find boys like Hernandez and take a risk buying such players. It's the only way forward!

I highly doubt if we would really bring in anyone. Peter did not really replace anyone when he moved to the post of non-executive president from CEO. That was just phasing him out slowly by handing the responsibilities to Ron. So I dont really think we need to be looking at who would be replacing him. I had be really surprised if Trixi came in. He is not a good negotiator neither a scout. But he is someone with a wide array of contacts and reach in a lot of clubs. If Roman brings him in, I cant really see what he would bring to the table. May be the board knows something we dont know !!!

Of course they have had to loan 150M£. And because of that we could think they are poor.

But last year, i read a paper about the richest club in the world. The rating was : 1.ManU; 2.Madrid; 3.Barça........

And all the richest corporations are indebted and borrow money. It's the Economy... See what I mean ?

So we can still considering Barcelona as a rich team.