Joe Cole Tactically Inept: Carlo Ancelotti

Badboy

JOE Cole was dumped by Chelsea because he would not follow Carlo Ancelotti's orders.

The Blues boss released Cole after the England winger's contract ended this summer. And Ancelotti insists recent signing Yossi Benayoun will do a better job in the Blues midfield than Liverpool new-boy Cole.

The Stamford Bridge chief said: "Joe Cole is quicker than Benayoun but Yossi is better tactically. He understands what I tell him.

"Yossi is a very intelligent player. He knows everything about the game.

"Cole and Benayoun are different players and everyone has their own opinion, but we are happy to have Yossi here at Chelsea."

Benayoun, a £5.5million signing from Liverpool, is due to make his Blues debut in Sunday's Community Shield game against Manchester United.

And Chelsea also expect to tie up the signing of Brazilian World Cup star Ramires this week after agreeing an £18.3m fee with Benfica last night.

The player is due to undergo a medical today and will sign once work-permit issues are resolved.

Because the 23-year-old midfielder has not played in 75 per cent of Brazil's games over the past two years, he does not qualify for a permit automatically.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3080661/Cole-wouldnt-follow-orders.html#ixzz0vaqqt1GU

Edited by Badboy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho on Joey Cole

'There are two faces to Joe Cole,' said Mourinho.

'One is beautiful, and the other I do not like.

'He scored a very important goal for us today, attacked really well, but from the moment he scored the game finished for him. I needed 11 players for defensive organisation and I only had 10. There is still a lot he needs to learn. That was not good enough for me, and I was very critical from the dugout.' Cole, who in spite of the criticism remained the recipient of the manofthe-match champagne, will be relieved to hear that his manager does not consider him a lost cause.

'I can change him,' said Mourinho.

Like the youngsters, Benayoun has had to acclimatise to life as a Chelsea first-teamer, and his manager believes the Israeli will be a success atStamford Bridge.'He is an intelligent player, tactically he knows everything very well,' said the Italian. 'I tried to put him as a right midfielder in this pre-season and he can also play in his usual position as a winger.

'He has to train, to improve his condition, but I think for us he is a good player to play because tactically he is very intelligent.'

Asked why Joe Cole was allowed to leave before being replaced with a similar player, Ancelotti responded: 'Everyone can explain his opinion, we are happy to have Yossi here. I think Joe Cole in Chelsea did a fantastic career but this year is another story.

'Joe was quicker, with respect to Yossi, but tactically I think Yossi is better.'

http://www.chelseafc...2109973,00.html

typical of the sun to make it out to be more than it was.

Nowhere does Carlo say that Cole is tactically inept. He just says that Yossi is better than him in that respect. Typical media bullshit. Next time someone says 'Man City owner richer than Abramovic', they'll come out with a headline that says 'Abramovic not rich.'

The papers are trying to victimise Cole and turn West London's favourite into a villain. Good luck with that, Ancelotti has won the respect of his peers and football fans with his modesty, honesty, and desire to play attractive attacking football.

I saw that article, it does not say anything along the lines of he's inept. It says Benayoun is more intelligent on the pitch, but that does not mean Joe Cole is by any means inept. BlueLion is right, they're trying to making Ancelotti look bad by making these assumptions about what he "really means".

But then again, what's new?

At the end of the day, Carlo has a vision on how he'd like us to play. Joe cole didnt fit into that vision. I dont have a problem with it.

I suppose it sheds light on Joe Coles comments as to why he was leaving was due to "politics". They just didnt see eye to eye on how he would fit into Carlos plans.

This is a new era for Chelsea and Carlo is beginning to stamp his authority on the team.

At the end of the day, Carlo has a vision on how he'd like us to play. Joe cole didnt fit into that vision. I dont have a problem with it.

I suppose it sheds light on Joe Coles comments as to why he was leaving was due to "politics". They just didnt see eye to eye on how he would fit into Carlos plans.

This is a new era for Chelsea and Carlo is beginning to stamp his authority on the team.

Exactly. The problem with managers after José is they inherited his team, Grant, Scolari and even Hiddink realised they were using a team José had built. Ancelotti it doing it differently, he's using his formation and his tactics. He's building the team how he wants it, getting rid of players he doesn't see fit at Chelsea and bringing in ones he does.

Let's trust his judgement, he's earn it from his debut season.

I have always rated yossi as a hard worker. He was always one if those players I use to be scared of when we played scum. Hope he has a successful future as a blue.

future? he's 30 years old.

a 20 year old or 25 year old has a future.

not rat-benayoun.

future? he's 30 years old.

a 20 year old or 25 year old has a future.

not rat-benayoun.

http://www.google.co...=1t:429,r:0,s:0

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScBic22MI74UI4GiGhWg_I3sAnZEpFs_kg2zZCz91Tnhp3UUs&t=1&usg=__4VkJpFzJb6X81qXzBdVYc56T82I=

Edited by Badboy

"Joe Cole is digging into his big bag of tricks, but the results are patchy at best at the moment. For every backheel that finds a team-mate, there's a flick that only gifts possession back to Rabotnicki."

Sounds about right.