A great article for anyone who doesnt understand the impact and importance of Mikel and the likes!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good read, as all of Zonal Marking's articles are. The key with Mikel is that his ball control and touch has improved dramatically. This is really great news for the others in front of him, because with a good first touch and good ball control he can set attacks on their way quickly if his passing is accurate. Also by playing in that position for 3 years now his vision has improved a great deal and last season I saw him deliver telling killer passes, be they through-balls or lofted ones. The best example is the FA Cup game against Cardiff where his wonderful pass lead to Drogba's opener :

Edited by Madmax201010

:lol:

Still a good article. I suppose its more for the ignorant bastards who slate Mikel than those who really appreciate him. He isn't as good as Makelele was, but who is, and who ever will be? He's still a decent player and I rate him... except when he's the last player back and is in a one-on-one :lol:

Mikel is only going to be better with experience but his positioning is still quite poor and nowhere near the standard a Chelsea starter should have.He's a decent central midfielder but not an extraordinary defensive midfielder.Barcelona's cheater Sergio Busquets does a better job at defending than Mikel and has shown signs of a world class DM.

Mikel is only going to be better with experience but his positioning is still quite poor and nowhere near the standard a Chelsea starter should have.He's a decent central midfielder but not an extraordinary defensive midfielder.Barcelona's cheater Sergio Busquets does a better job at defending than Mikel and has shown signs of a world class DM.

Busquets has been playing as defensive midfielder for almost his entire career. Mikel is still learning.

Read this.

Yet he was nowhere to be seen in the Inter game and was horrible in the 2nd ManCity fixture.Playing against Wenger's kindergarten can make a player look better than he is.

Mikel has some obvious flaws and I'm pointing them out,he's clearly improving though.

Yet he was nowhere to be seen in the Inter game and was horrible in the 2nd ManCity fixture.Playing against Wenger's kindergarten can make a player look better than he is.

Mikel has some obvious flaws and I'm pointing them out,he's clearly improving though.

So Drogba is just average then? After all he always scores against Arsenal. Mikel is not the best defensive midfielder in the world, but the kid's got potential to be one. To say he's nowhere near good enough to start for Chelsea is ignorant and atrocious. Give the guy some credit, it isn't even his natural position. And I prefer to judge him by how he performs in 40+ games, rather than just two in which the entire team was below-par.

I seriously think Busquets is probably the most over-rated DM !!! Mikel is far better imo... When Barca have 80% of the ball in a match they actually dunt need a DM.. He rarely has to mk a tackle or 2 in the entire game... So dunt get me started over him.. i had take Mikel anyday over dat cheater...