Can someone please explain to me..

Why Chelsea sell off precious assets like Stoch but continue to keep players like Di Santo and Bertrand? It was emberrasing watching those to in a Chelsea uniform against Ajax! (Dont even mention Turnbull)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Stoch it was him wanting a move away since we couldn't guarantee him first team footie, not us wanting to sell him to get some $$$. I haven't watched Bertrand play so cannot comment on him, but Franco probably will be moved on. If he didn't have Borini and Studge to compete with, he could have stayed longer to try and establish himself, but atm doesn't look like he's worth waiting for.

It is quite simple.

Stoch played a part in Twente winning the Eredivise, that is no small feat. Therefore he is in demand so there is no shortage of clubs of would pay for his services. He wanted first team football so we sell to the highest bidder. Good luck to him too.

Di Santo is average, too young to be a relied upon striker yet so no clubs are too interested so we have to loan him or hang onto him. He will probably go on the cheap to some club soon.

Surpried you don't rate Bertrand, kid is quality.

I'm quite surprised you're naming Bertrand there, the kid is actually quite good and has a lot of potential to be great! Selling him would be a mistake, he's the kind of player we should be pushing through!

I think Di Santo's days at the club are numbered now, even before pre-season most of us thought he hadn't done enough to prove himself, unfortunately.

And agreed with Joe Cool there, don't base your opinions of our youth an a pre-season game vs one of the best youth sides in the world.

Don't understand the criticism of Bertrand, probably been our best player of Pre Season so far, did brilliant played out of position yesterday and i am very keen for him to be Ash's back up for next season. Quality player.

Quite simply - Stoch wanted to move on and get played every week. The club couldn't really stop him and made good money off him.

Our youngsters are quality and to judge any of them on the Ajax game is just plain wrong, it's attitudes like that and a lack of patience from fans that stops young talent coming through the club. If players are not ripping premier league teams apart at 18 years old they are deemed useless..................

Chill out dude, I agree that Di Santo has had his chance and we will probably get rid before the window closes, but seriously, dont judge out youngsters on a defeat to a full strength Ajax side.