Raoul Moat surrounded by snipers

BlueLion.

Live now on BBC News - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7459669.stm

Police say they are negotiating with a man fitting the description of fugitive gunman Raoul Moat in Rothbury.

People in the town have been told to "go home and lock the door" by armed officers.

No arrest has been made. Moat is wanted over the shooting of his ex-girlfriend, her new partner - who was killed - and a police officer.

An eye-witness Chris Robertson said he had seen a man resembling Moat with a gun pointed at his neck.

Speaking on a mobile phone from inside the exclusion zone, he told BBC News: "There was a man down by the river with what appeared to be a sawn-off shotgun pointing at his own neck.

"He was about 150 yards away.

"I wasn't sure it was Moat, he seemed bigger, unless he was wearing padded clothing.

"Then the police came down and pointed their rifles at him.

"Basically we are under siege here."

Peter Abison, also in the exclusion zone, said had a clear view of the scene, and could see a man with a shotgun under his chin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10582418.stm

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Paul the Octopus should predict whether or not he'll be alive or not by the end of the night....

Lmfao.

but yeah he is a lippin' maniac..someone i knows makin excuses for him 'after everythin hes been thru he just flipped' naaaa.... hes a ravin lunatic.

Apparently there was just a shot and lots of shouting and dogs barking and now there's a lot of activity. This might all be wrapped up. One single shot -- could be a suicide here, that's the most probable reason for a single shot I'd imagine?!

Apparently there was just a shot and lots of shouting and dogs barking and now there's a lot of activity. This might all be wrapped up. One single shot -- could be a suicide here, that's the most probable reason for a single shot I'd imagine?!

Or the police got bored of standing around!

I'm not sure the police did shoot him, if you think about it it's unlikely if he raised his gun to them that they'd only fire once? He could be dead at the moment or there could have been more than one shot, not sure what's going on at the moment.

A BBC news corrospondant said there could have been 2 shots but there was definitely 1. If there was 2 it could have been the tactic american police use where they shoot the arm and the leg and then arrest him. If it was only 1 I guess the could have just shot his arm. I can't see him shooting himself though, surely he would have done that ages ago and not gone on the run and wouldn't sit around waiting for 6 hours to do it.

The police wouldn't shoot first in this kind of situation, so much media and press hype and them all around the scene, I think either he raised his gun and a sniper fired one shot to incapacitate or he shot himself. The police wouldn't of just opened fire.

phpUQaiXccoveritlive175x16-centered.jpg

Latest on the hunt for Raoul Moat (07/09/2010) 2:36 Carole@Sky: Sky sources: Raoul Moat arrives at Newcastle General Hospital for treatment. Saturday July 10, 2010 2:36 Carole@Sky 2:27 twitter-breaking-news-logo_normal.jpg SkyNewsBreak: Northumbria Police say Moat shot himself and no shots were fired by police. [via Twitter]

Gazza there earlier with chicken and fishing rods. laugh.gif You couldn't make it up.

He's going to wake up tomorrow morning with a half eaten kebab holding a fishing rod and think 'aye last night must've been smashing'

Gazza turned up saying he was good friends with Moat. It's understandable with them both having very eccentric personalities, but somehow I can't see it. Haha!

Quote of the day definitely goes to Gazza though:

He is all right - and I am willing to help him.

Yeah he is clearly alright he just went and shot a load of people!

Gazza is madder than Moat!

Edited by we hate scouse