Joe Cole: "political reasons" saw him released

Joe Cole claims "political reasons" lead him to be released by Chelsea earlier this month.

Speaking to The Guardian, Joe says:

My season for Chelsea wasn't great for what I believe were political reasons rather than footballing reasons

Finally he addresses us, the fans, who have been wanting answers for so long now, he says:

I love [the Chelsea manager] Carlo Ancelotti and have big respect for him. My leaving is not financial and it is nothing to do with Carlo. I love him and think he is a top guy and a top manager. I've loved my time at Chelsea and I love the fans but it is a story for another day and I will tell it.

Typical, Joe leaves us in further suspense. Now that his international duty is over (sorry for being so blunt) Joe can finally concentrate on finding a new club.

(Full story here)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Joe Cole know what 'political' means.... have my doubts. If he loves the club and the fans that much he owes it to them to go quietly and get on with re-building his career. Legend in his own back yard methinks!

Bullshit joe cole has basically seen a younger quicker promising kid with vision and skill and thought oh my god kakuta is training with us and he is going to get soooooooo much better over the next few years. Frank arnesen in march 2007 went to the France v Poland under 16 match and he was absolutely blown away by kakuta's ability to ghost past players and do the simple things brilliantly. So we went after him and we got him, kakuta went through his youth football education at chelsea like duck to water. Kakuta then started training with the first team, then 5 months later carlo said he is the most talented teenager he has ever seen. Joe cole who was once England's most skillful player since gazza, thinks fuck this he is going to improve ten fold im doing one.

bullshit.

the club offered a reasonable contract and he and his agent demanded more.

and like everyone has been saying on this forum, his performances had not warranted a wage increase.

:goodpost:

you have stated it exactly right ...cant imagine why he allowed his agent to take him down that road ...oh agents fees ..joe must be really dumb

if he hasnt realised that

He had his chances, and to get consistent playing time at Chelsea, you have to put out consistent performances on a regular basis. Something he failed to do, it's a shame he can't end his career here at Chelsea but I'm glad we have Kakuta to replace him.