Will Lamps quit England?

Luke

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lampard quit international football?

• Yes
    • No

This thought popped into my head today after England were dumped out of the World Cup:

Could Lampard call it a day? From a CFC point of view I hope he does, it could prolong his career with us.

He wont play in another World Cup, and if we do have another manager for the Euro's that brings changes, Lampard could be one of the old guard that gets dropped etc...

Thoughts?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always will and always has been England's best central midfielder, its just a shame he can't emulate his club form for the Lions. Personally I don't want him to resign. I find it apt that the three best performers from England's woeful World Cup campaign were Chelsea players.

The problem was that England never suited Lampard apart from Euro 2004. He has always had to either let Gerrard be the one who ran into the box and attack while he had the act more like a DM, or was in a midfield that was congested with Gerrard playing at the left midfield and continuously running in centre midfield or had Barry come up and attacking himself which left holes in the midfield. Frank has always played better in a 3 man or 5 man midfield, not in a 4 man midfield which favoured Gerrard more in attacking terms.

Edited by sam81292

Always will and always has been England's best central midfielder, its just a shame he can't emulate his club form for the Lions. Personally I don't want him to resign. I find it apt that the three best performers from England's woeful World Cup campaign were Chelsea players.

David james was englands best player by a mile, without him the germans could of won 9-1 . Plus lampard is no were near englands best midfielder, lampard is a total different player when he plays for england he is so lethargic.

Edited by Badboy

David james was englands best player by a mile, without him the germans could of won 9-1 . Plus lampard is no were near englands best midfielder, lampard is a total different player when he plays for england he is so lethargic.

Lampard scored a goal and shoot the bar like 2 times and was near shooting another goal yet you all say he is no where near englands best midfielder. The man that is not near best player of the world is Roo yet he got all the prizes and fame and he will take no responsibility at all...

Dear me, sorry Bluelion, but that's completely wrong. Ashley Cole was alright, but apart from that, Terry was fucking horrible yesterday, he was at fault for maybe 3 of the goals and he just couldn't defend against the quick and clever German offence. Lampard has really been dire the whole entire tournament, for every single match, well actually he was a little bit better yesterday but that doesn't excuse his other performances too...

Really though, it wasn't just the Chelsea players, it was the whole entire England squad that decided not to show up, and it's a shame, with that much talent, if we had as much spirit as the Yanks or Ghana we might have gotten far, but sadly we have a manager who decides to pick up the old tactics of Sven and McClaren of picking the superstars who don't even look arsed on an international level.

We need to pick a manager who has the balls to do what Germany did, get rid of the old dogs who can't perform for England and then pick younger, sharper players like Walcott, Ashley Young, ect.

We need to pick a manager who has the balls to do what Germany did, get rid of the old dogs who can't perform for England and then pick younger, sharper players like Walcott, Ashley Young, ect.

Walcott is so over-hyped it's unbelievable. All he has is pace. He doesn't have good ball control, his crosses aren't effective and he can't finish under pressure. I was glad Capello left him out.

I do agree on the main point, however. I think Adam Johnson and Ashley Young should have gone for Heskey and Crouch

Frank Lampard has stated that he wishes to carry on playing for England, but understands that there will be much to debate over the future of his nation's game.

Story here

Edited by LDN Blue

This thought popped into my head today after England were dumped out of the World Cup:

Could Lampard call it a day? From a CFC point of view I hope he does, it could prolong his career with us.

He wont play in another World Cup, and if we do have another manager for the Euro's that brings changes, Lampard could be one of the old guard that gets dropped etc...

Thoughts?

lamps is never a quitter ,,look how he dealt with the boo boys ...true class throughout

Dear me, sorry Bluelion, but that's completely wrong. Ashley Cole was alright, but apart from that, Terry was fucking horrible yesterday, he was at fault for maybe 3 of the goals and he just couldn't defend against the quick and clever German offence. Lampard has really been dire the whole entire tournament, for every single match, well actually he was a little bit better yesterday but that doesn't excuse his other performances too...

Really though, it wasn't just the Chelsea players, it was the whole entire England squad that decided not to show up, and it's a shame, with that much talent, if we had as much spirit as the Yanks or Ghana we might have gotten far, but sadly we have a manager who decides to pick up the old tactics of Sven and McClaren of picking the superstars who don't even look arsed on an international level.

Name me someone who was better?

I do agree on the main point, however. I think Adam Johnson and Ashley Young should have gone for Heskey and Crouch

I definitely agree! And what about Gabriel Agbonlahor?? I was shocked that I didn't see one article with his name and England in the same sentance.

Another player that should have had a place is Darren Bent, and before anyone questions my judgement, just look at the number of goals he scored last season compared to "fall over" Heskey.

About Lamps, he'd be 36 by the time next world cup comes around, but I would love to see him participate in the European Championship in 2 years time, but I doubt he will make next year's world cup. If he did however, he would probably be there as a veteran with loads of experience, and be used as a father figure for the younger talents in the squad.

I wouldn't care in Lamps quit England. What everybody but me doesn't understand is that England FC are just a football team. They need new blood and a few experienced players to mould them together. Just sticking a bunch of older experienced guys, who play well for their prospective clubs, together wont necessarily make a great England team. So, get rid of Lamps, Rooney, Gerrard, JT, and look deeper into the football league. We do have teams in The Championship and Div's 1 and 2.

In the meantime, Lamps is a rock at Chelsea. He can help bring on the Premier League Championship next year.

Just my opinion!