Jose To Bayern Munich?

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer would welcome Jose Mourinho as the next coach of his club when Ottmar Hitzfeld leaves in the summer.

The former Chelsea boss is believed to be one of the leading candidates to assume control of the Bavarians, although the fact he does not speak German could rule him out of the running.

However, Beckenbauer feels there is enough time for Mourinho to learn the language and be ready to take the reins in six months time.

"He could do a language course between now and the summer, so why not?" Beckenbauer wrote in his column in Germany's Bild newspaper.

Experience

"Our club needs a big name. He has got to be a great tactician, have already accumulated experience and have command of the German language."

One man who does have such a CV is Beckenbauer himself, who has already led Bayern and Germany to glory in the 1990s.

However, the 62-year-old will not be putting forward his own candidacy this time.

"The only person I can really rule out of the running is myself," added Beckenbauer.

source = sky sports news

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to be all negative, but I have to ask, as Chelsea, why we care where he goes? He's not coming back here, so unless he goes to Liverpool, Manchester United or Arsenal, we really shouldn't care at all.

I'm sorry to be all negative, but I have to ask, as Chelsea, why we care where he goes? He's not coming back here, so unless he goes to Liverpool, Manchester United or Arsenal, we really shouldn't care at all.

oooooooooooooooooohhh :P

His next destination could determine wether or not any of our current players like Drogba would be willing to follow him.

Thats why I think its a topic worth talking about.

Would Drogba go to Bayern ? .....I doubt it.

Would he go to Milan ?.....More likely.

true but, as he is a complete legend i thought it would be nice to keep an eye out for him. i was happy he didn't get the england job (its a poison chalice is you ask me) and i would love to see him succeed once more at another club.... just not in europe ahead of us ;)

I would have thought that out of respect for what he did, fans might be interested in at least seeing where he goes. If not for that reason, then because it might mean certain players already here could move to be with him or not as the case may be.

I still follow what Ranieri does and where he goes in the news and I will do the same with Mourinho out of the total respect I have for them as our former managers and what they achieved and because I liked them as people.

That said, I will not be following Grant's progress with any interest when he finally departs.

I don't think Bayern is big enough for him, the league is not glamourous enough and the competition is weak there - he would rather I'm sure take over a club like Milan or Barca.

He has lots of time and so do Bayern - Mourinho is not their only option and other managers will lose their jobs no doubt by the summer - possibly even Benitez!

Then you might be interested if Jose came back - to manage Liverpool!

Wherever he ends up I wish him massive success at another club - his talent surely merits it - as long as he doesn't ever clash with us of course.

Edited by pluto

That's fair enough pluto, but that's more of a personal interest than Chelsea one. I've not paid an awful lot of attention to Ranieri - I know he was at Valencia for a bit, and he's now with a big Italian club, but that's as far as I've got. Heck, maybe I'm even wrong.

I'm very Chelsea-centric.

The Bundesliga would suit Drogba down to the bone. Its physical and he would have even more time and space on the ball. But regarding Mourinho, that Bayern team will win the CL next year if they get the right coach. He is just that.

Ranieri is at Juve and doing okay, he got the sack from Valencia after a while. Pleased that he's doing well.

As for Bayern they seem to have fallen on hard times a bit for me considering what a top club they are meant to be. I mean they got beat by Bolton in a UEFA Cup tie - hardly stellar!

Seems a bit of a weak league to me now and big name players don't really go there.

I think this one will be last on Mourinho's shopping list and he would only take it if Milan, Barca etc don't come calling.

And I don't think learning German is a walk in the park either!

when i heard this i thought that it was quite funny how Beckenbauer said that Chelsea was the wrong place to go to for Ballack and that our team and coach weren't good for him

remind me who was that coach again ??? LOL

but yeah i agree with Elliott - if it doesn't really effect us in him going to a rival club i dont think that Chelsea fans should be all that interested

but he's Jose so i hardly think that'll be the case

I think that Jose will go to milan and so will Drogba. Ancelotti will leave and milan has enough money for players that jose would bring and i think he`ll be unstopable. Jose would use Kaka very good (even better than Lampard)and he has gattuso who is like essien.