The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

BWP and HWA were the two big rival Los Angels early 1990's gangsta rap scene girl groups, HWA left with Eazy-E when NWA started to break up.
I am super deep in old gangsta rap, one of my brothers had a just a shedload of old vinyl (not just rap, obviously, old punk, death rock, electronica, etc too)
I will check them out after my exams. I am also into 90's gangsta rap, only not as deep as you lol. My favourite rap crew is Wu tang Clan, but I also like NWA because Eazy is my favourite rapper (maybe not the greatest rapper, but he was so unique)

For me, the three goats of rap are Eminem, 2pac and Biggie. Eminem is the most complete one and has the best rhymes. Biggie just had the best flow ever and he is the only rapper ever that actually sounded amazing when he did concerts. Most rapper sound completely different when they do concerts. 2pac had the most passion and brought emotions into his songs. With that I mean, when he made disstracks, you felt the hate. When he made sad songs, it made you also sad or at least it made me sad lol. So he brought the most passionm

But still I like eazy the most.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I will check them out after my exams. I am also into 90's gangsta rap, only not as deep as you lol. My favourite rap crew is Wu tang Clan, but I also like NWA because Eazy is my favourite rapper (maybe not the greatest rapper, but he was so unique)

For me, the three goats of rap are Eminem, 2pac and Biggie. Eminem is the most complete one and has the best rhymes. Biggie just had the best flow ever and he is the only rapper ever that actually sounded amazing when he did concerts. Most rapper sound completely different when they do concerts. 2pac had the most passion and brought emotions into his songs. With that I mean, when he made disstracks, you felt the hate. When he made sad songs, it made you also sad or at least it made me sad lol. So he brought the most passionm

But still I like eazy the most.

Biggie, NWA, Tupac, Public Enemy

but my all-time favourite is

Eric B. & Rakim :wub:

godlike bars and beatz

Eric B. & Rakim | Hip Hop Wiki | FandomEric B. & Rakim To Reunite | HipHopDXEric B. & Rakim - Télécharger et écouter les albums.

Eric B. & Rakim: "We are back." | Complex

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Very underrated in Germany because almost nobody knows them
What's your opinion on Mobb Deep?

GREAT call!

love Mobb Deep

The Infamous is a top 50 all-time canonical hip hop album :wub:

another top top ten for sure I left out was Nas!

omg

Illmatic is a top 5 album

Jorge Ben - Fio Maravilha

probably the most beautiful song ever written about football

unfortunately Fio had close to the worst teeth in football history as well, lolol

bonus, the video is shot in Flamengo in Rio

João Batista de Sales (born January 19, 1945 in Conselheiro Pena, Minas Gerais), better known as Fio Maravilha, is a former Brazilian football player. In Brazil he played for Flamengo, Paysandu Sport Club, CEUB, Desportiva and São Cristóvão. Later he moved to the United States, where he played for the New York Eagles, the Montebello Panthers, and the San Francisco Mercury.

He is perhaps most famous for the hit single "Fio Maravilha" that was written about him in 1972 by Jorge Ben (later known as Jorge Ben Jor). The musician attended a friendly game between Flamengo and Benfica in the Maracanã stadium. Fio Maravilha was left out of Flamengo's starting lineup by coach Mário Zagallo, but after a chorus of fans demanded that he play, he was brought in as a substitute. After 33 minutes in the second half he scored the goal ("the goal of an angel") that was immortalized in the song:

...driblou o goleiro
Só não entrou com bola e tudo porque teve humildade.

No Túnel do Tempo: O Futebol Lendário de Fio MaravilhaR-1736735-1398386199-6671.jpeg.jpg

Donny Hathaway - Someday We'll All Be Free [The Reflex Revision]

A bit of a special mix for me, Donny’s words resonate more than ever today... Not often that I bump the tempo from 77 to 115 bpm but I thought there was a great hook to be used with the strings and brass riff. The opportunity to bring Donny’s words onto the dance floors ! (When they reopen obviously).

1256ed210153b541176bbbe9dcec8389.png

9 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

the flip side is another ripper too

Leftfield + Lydon - Open Up (Dervish Overdrive)

Label:
Hard Hands ‎– HAND 009T
Format:
Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Single
UK
Released:
01 Nov 1993
Genre:
Electronic
Style:
Progressive House, Breakbeat

R-20971-1303704811.jpeg.jpgR-20971-1303704817.jpeg.jpgR-20971-1303704824.jpeg.jpgR-20971-1303704834.jpeg.jpg

Fearing - Good Talks

Fearing - Catacombs

Fearing - Glow

Label:
Funeral Party Records ‎– FP-42
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Stereo, Purple w/ Pink Splatter
US
Released:
10 Apr 2020
Genre:
Rock
Style:
Punk, Coldwave, Deathrock, Goth Rock, Indie Rock, Post-Punk, Shoegaze

R-15440801-1591559772-9796.jpeg.jpgR-15440801-1591559772-9701.jpeg.jpgR-15440801-1591559772-9522.jpeg.jpgR-15440801-1591559772-5544.jpeg.jpgR-15440801-1591559768-8603.jpeg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...