Premier League Homegrown rule

(this club has the highest by the way)

Man City currently have the largest wage bill....the published results go back 18 months. Since then they have added alot of players and we got rid of Deco, Belletti, Cavalho, Cole and Ballack....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esk's list makes me more convinced we'll see a few departures this season. The likes of Zhirkov, Ferreira, Kalou & Anelka maybe sold.

Of course we could still proceed to sign more and just not register them (registration can be altered in the Jan transfer-window period by the way). The problem with leaving players unregistered is, we'll have to pay out the enormous wages (this club has the highest by the way) for them to do virtually nothing for 3-4months.

Well we have guys like Zhirkov registered earning good wages contributing nothing so it wouldn't be something new for us.

We have both Bosingwa and Ferriera when Ivanovic is clearly first choice RB. It makes no sense. You can sell Ferriera for instance and replace his role in the squad with an entirely different player like a midfielder or attacker.

It doesn't take a genius to improve the squad even with these home-grown rules but we have a bunch of clowns running the club so it is what it is.

So had we bought Modric then everyone would have been aware that we would have had to get rid of a player to accomodate him.?? Nice one Mr Gourley, if we buy any players that are not homegrown or over 21 before we get rid of any, we will not recieve market value for the ones we sell.

Good business plan.....

I thought of that risk too but I suspect some completed transfers (Lukaku?) wouldn't be announced straight away and I'm fairly confident Bosingwa will be released in a few days.

I thought of that risk too but I suspect some completed transfers (Lukaku?) wouldn't be announced straight away and I'm fairly confident Bosingwa will be released in a few days.

I don't think they will as his name was not on the premier league list of players released this summer....

Maybe we're just waiting till July 1st when it's properly official?