Next Manager.........

when Grant gets Binned, hopefully in the next few days.........................After a lot of thought, I'd give Mark Hughes a go. Think he's worked wonders a Blackburn.

Then Van Basten

Then Rijkaard

Then Lippi

Anyone for Dennis Wise?

Klinsmann?

Any other suggestions?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when Grant gets Binned, hopefully in the next few days.........................After a lot of thought, I'd give Mark Hughes a go. Think he's worked wonders a Blackburn.

Then Van Basten

Then Rijkaard

Then Lippi

Anyone for Dennis Wise?

Klinsmann?

Any other suggestions?

Would love to see Wisey over there, wont happen though.

Mark Hughes wouldnt really excite me to be honest.

Ruudy with Wise as his number 2. :tiphat:

Wishful thinking :(

Hahaha imagin Rijkaard coming to us and Jose coming to Barca.Make meeting each other again a bit more intresting

Hmmmm Wisey would be cool,least have personality on the pitch lol.JT said he wanted to manage but be kinda eeek consisdering he never managed before butcant be as bad as Grant or hey update Clarke lol,he knows the team and is no doubt playing a big part in helping us be somewhere in the league and also shows emotion

I want Rijkaard and his back room staff we already have ten cate as number 2. Rijkaard's playing style and

his winning mentality would be perfect.

As a coach, Frank Rijkaard's essential philosophy is to guide his team towards playing attack-minded football as a cohesive unit. In doing this, he believes a team can achieve the dual objectives of winning games and ensuring the audience's enjoyment of the spectacle. This follows in the best coaching traditions of Rijkaard's countrymen and forebears Rinus Michels and Johan Cruyff. In this light, it is notable that Michels coached both Cruyff and Rijkaard during their respective participations with the Dutch national team, and that Cruyff himself went on to coach Rijkaard. Nonetheless, Rijkaard believes in working within a contemporary football context and is not out to imitate the styles and tactics of past masters. In his own words:

“ ...you gain many impressions from the past. You still have it in your mind when you become a coach, and if something happens you can recall how it was dealt with. But I strongly believe that you cannot copy anyone. The decisions that a great coach made years ago will not necessarily work today.[5] ”

Rijkaard has evidently learned to curb the quick temper of his playing days and is often a portrait of calm and stability in training and along the touchline. He rarely courts controversy in the media and is more apt now to promote a positive environment and let his team's play speak for itself when faced with intense rivalry or criticism.[6]

The tactics used during his tenure as manager of FC Barcelona best exemplify Frank Rijkaard's commitment to playing stylish attacking football. During the team's 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 campaigns, the coach frequently fielded a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, a system which encouraged the creativity of the players in the front third of the field and created optimal interplay between the midfielders and forwards during attacks. Within this system the four defenders also tended to play in a relatively high position on the pitch to support the midfield which frequently advanced to participate in the attack. The team generally focuses on maintaining possession in the opponents' half of the field, applying pressure in order to force the opposition to make errors in defense and offensive counter-attacking.

With regards to man-management and motivation, Rijkaard rejects the notion of a "star system" and promotes the idea that every one of his players is a valuable member of the team.[7] He rarely praises one individual over another in the squad, although he has been known to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of a player within the context of a team performance.

I want Rijkaard and his back room staff we already have ten cate as number 2. Rijkaard's playing style and

his winning mentality would be perfect.

As a coach, Frank Rijkaard's essential philosophy is to guide his team towards playing attack-minded football as a cohesive unit. In doing this, he believes a team can achieve the dual objectives of winning games and ensuring the audience's enjoyment of the spectacle. This follows in the best coaching traditions of Rijkaard's countrymen and forebears Rinus Michels and Johan Cruyff. In this light, it is notable that Michels coached both Cruyff and Rijkaard during their respective participations with the Dutch national team, and that Cruyff himself went on to coach Rijkaard. Nonetheless, Rijkaard believes in working within a contemporary football context and is not out to imitate the styles and tactics of past masters. In his own words:

" ...you gain many impressions from the past. You still have it in your mind when you become a coach, and if something happens you can recall how it was dealt with. But I strongly believe that you cannot copy anyone. The decisions that a great coach made years ago will not necessarily work today.[5] "

Rijkaard has evidently learned to curb the quick temper of his playing days and is often a portrait of calm and stability in training and along the touchline. He rarely courts controversy in the media and is more apt now to promote a positive environment and let his team's play speak for itself when faced with intense rivalry or criticism.[6]

The tactics used during his tenure as manager of FC Barcelona best exemplify Frank Rijkaard's commitment to playing stylish attacking football. During the team's 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 campaigns, the coach frequently fielded a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, a system which encouraged the creativity of the players in the front third of the field and created optimal interplay between the midfielders and forwards during attacks. Within this system the four defenders also tended to play in a relatively high position on the pitch to support the midfield which frequently advanced to participate in the attack. The team generally focuses on maintaining possession in the opponents' half of the field, applying pressure in order to force the opposition to make errors in defense and offensive counter-attacking.

With regards to man-management and motivation, Rijkaard rejects the notion of a "star system" and promotes the idea that every one of his players is a valuable member of the team.[7] He rarely praises one individual over another in the squad, although he has been known to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of a player within the context of a team performance.

Aye, He would do for me, I'd certainly be willing to gove him a go, There is a rumour doing the familiar rounds that he's leaving Barca at the end of the season, And Chelsea are waiting to pick him up without having to pay Barca compensation, hence the "stop gap" we have just now. I dont really go with this though, If Abramovich is worried about giving Barca a pay out then why not worry about giving the grinch untold millions to spend at the January Sales? Knowing our Luck, The Grinch will probably try and sign Iain Dowie as a back up to our strikers :thumbsup:

All these options are better than what we have at the moment. I'm not sure about Wisey, but I have no idea what kind of resources he has. I presume not a lot, in which case he's done a fantastic job with Leeds. Might be too much of a jump though, we should go with one of the other options.

If Rijkaard ever became available, he'd probably be what Roman would go for and that suits me okay.

Forget your dreams.

Grant is here to stay for at least another season whatever happens.

Roman really has faith in this guy whatever we may think.

I doubt we will be getting any big name manager as a replacement unless things seriously go wrong i.e. don't qualify for CL next year and I doubt very much that will happen.

Forget your dreams.

Grant is here to stay for at least another season whatever happens.

Roman really has faith in this guy whatever we may think.

I doubt we will be getting any big name manager as a replacement unless things seriously go wrong i.e. don't qualify for CL next year and I doubt very much that will happen.

What harm was the Sweaty doing eh? Let him dream.

Walking in an Avram wonderland.......