Grant: It's Hard Work, But I'm 'optimistic By Nature'

Steve

Focus On The Present

Much is being said about how Avram Grant will be forced to dip into the transfer window in the face of absences, but the former Israel boss is keen to first get the best out of those who are available.

"That we have so many players out is the reason I want to focus on the half of the squad that can play," he said on the eve of the game against Newcastle.

"We drew 4-4 in the last match, an amazing game, and we came back from 2-0 down.

"With all the squad available we lost 2-0 to Aston Villa when we played them the time before so I think this is a time to say a good word for the players that have played the last 18 games."

Has Not Been Easy

Reflecting on his spell in charge, he said: "All the last three months have not been easy.

"I didn't even for one day have a full squad. But when there is a fact that I cannot change, I get used to it very quickly.

"We won almost all, drew four, and we had all these problems so I think they did a very good job.

"It was a big challenge from the first day I was manager. Now it is bigger but a seven point gap is not the end of the world.

"I want the spirit to continue that you saw against Aston Villa last game and the games before.

"There are only two possibilities - to be optimistic or not be optimistic. So I will choose the first and for me a difficult time is a big challenge."

Source: www.goal.com

Edited by STEV3O

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With all the squad available we lost 2-0 to Aston Villa when we played them the time before so I think this is a time to say a good word for the players that have played the last 18 games."

Another underhanded swipe at Jose to add to the growing list of backhanders from Grunt :rolleyes:

Depends how you take it really... could be a swipe at Mourinho but I think he's just saying it as it is.

I see it as Grunt saying.....

"Even when Jose had a full squad to pick from he couldnt beat VIlla and got stuffed 2-0. I have numerous injuries to cope with and basically half the squad he had and I done a lot better. Jose is a wanker and I am a god, you should all bow down and worship me."

I see it as Grunt saying.....

"Even when Jose had a full squad to pick from he couldnt beat VIlla and got stuffed 2-0. I have numerous injuries to cope with and basically half the squad he had and I done a lot better. Jose is a wanker and I am a god, you should all bow down and worship me."

I dont think he's saying Jose's a wanker, I think its his whining, pleading way of saying "Im not that bad really, please like me", but in order to do it, he has to have a dig at Mourinho who was clearly so bad he had to go out and win almost everything. So he can carry on having his little digs because every little one gives us more ammunition and we'll wait for the sackful of silverware to prove his point.........................wont hold our breath though.

I dont think he's saying Jose's a wanker, I think its his whining, pleading way of saying "Im not that bad really, please like me", but in order to do it, he has to have a dig at Mourinho who was clearly so bad he had to go out and win almost everything. So he can carry on having his little digs because every little one gives us more ammunition and we'll wait for the sackful of silverware to prove his point.........................wont hold our breath though.

OK....so the Jose was a wanker thing was a bit OTT :lol:

Still, its a bit sad to go down that route :rolleyes:

Yeah, he's almost as popular as Drobga back in the days when he has the finishing touch of a donkey. :P Wonder where all the Drogba slaggers are now...

Keeping very very quiet no doubt.

Hmmm differnce is Drogba shone lol,cant see Grant doing that somehow.Hopfully wrong and he'll be as successful as Jose,just may take longer lol and less personality and less prettyness with a nice coat.

And about that 2-0 comment grrr!He hasnt played them away yet never know could have full sqaud,new players and still mess it up!

Edited by Layla

drogba's finishing touch like a donkey during his early season here?

Yes. Mind you, I remember a poster on CFC-Net asking for him to be swapped with Crouch when he missed an easy chance in his first season. :lol: