Grant Vs. Mourinho

Hingis

What does the Israely muppet do better than José did ? Pls. explain me because I don't see any differences beside we are worse than we were under José. With Grant in charge we are doing steps backwards in my opinion.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lampards Bitch

Attacking sexy football wins you fuck all and we are prooving that now. Infact we proved that with Gullit he won 1 trophy in 3 years. Tactful football wins you 6 trophies in 3 years. It dont taking a fucking genius to work out what will bring better things.

Roman is a prat who listens to all the wrong people.

Attacking sexy football wins you fuck all and we are prooving that now. Infact we proved that with Gullit he won 1 trophy in 3 years. Tactful football wins you 6 trophies in 3 years. It dont taking a fucking genius to work out what will bring better things.

Roman is a prat who listens to all the wrong people.

Jose tried attacking footie against B'Ham.The final result 3-2 think showed everyone except Roman maybe its not the best idea and yet he's still all 'lets do it' and Grant the twat who listens to him!And then Roman be all shocked no doubt when we win sod all at the end

Daft debate cause its obvious who the better is

What does the Israely muppet do better than José did ? Pls. explain me because I don't see any differences beside we are worse than we were under José. With Grant in charge we are doing steps backwards in my opinion.

In a word - NOTHING

Grant was appointed simply because he got to know Roman a few years back when he was managing the Israeli team.

Apparently in private Grant is meant to be very charming and charismatic (yes I know this takes some believing looking and listening to him).

He managed to convince Roman that he is a great attacking coach and he could do wonders if given a club to manage and Roman kept him in mind, moved him to Portsmouth initially and then against Mourinho's wishes moved him to Chelsea as Director of Football.

Grant in no way deserves on his current experience to be in charge of Chelsea, but he's Roman's mate and will not cause any waves in the media or amongst all the other hangers on like Arnesen, De Visser, Zahavi etc that hang around the club. Roman wants a manager who is low key, does not hog the limelight and rattles out games with 5-4 scorelines on a regular basis.

Grant was ironically renowed in Israel for his dull, pragmatic, safe football, so it's rather funny that Roman has apparently invested his faith for the new attacking style of Chelsea with him.

He also had a rep for playing tactically safe, he would rather keep the same players on the pitch until the end rather than make any quick changes during a game - too risky.

So Grant is not fit to wipe Mourinho's shoes but the critical thing in his favour was that he speaks Russian and has years of experience of sucking up to whoever he thinks can get him on in the world. And rest assured he will keep in with Roman until the bitter end, he has his chance of glory now, he will not give it up with a fight. Roman in turn truly believes according to gossip that he has found the next Arsene Wenger hiding out in Israel for the last few decades and will give Grant time to prove himself - hence the 4 year contract.

Although whether he will ever get to the end of 4 years I doubt it - probably get kicked upstairs to that vitally important DOF position which is currently now vacant. Yes it all seems totally bizarre but remember this club is totally dysfunctional any way staffed to the hilt by Roman's hangers on - no wonder Mourinho felt isolated and alienated as manager - he was the person least liked by Roman and least trusted at the end but the most qualified for his job!

As long as you understand why Grant was employed (he's a mate of the boss) then everything else falls into place - you shouldn't be shocked or surprised that our football hasn't changed one iota since Mourinho left. Grant likes winning and he is scared shi*tless of losing his newly found power and after discovering this team under Mourinho when fit and in form is pretty damn good - he's just kept the show on the road, playing exactly as before but mindful of his new mandate by Roman he simply talks up each game as being the best thing you've ever seen in your life entertainmet wise. Guess he figures if you talk about it enough you can fool people into believing it's true.

I personally think he has no plan, or nous to implement one without help and lacks the inspirational and leadership qualities on the touchline to inspire the players long term. He also is tactically naive as has been proved during games where we were not dealing with cannon fodder but with quality sides like MU, Arsenal, Everton, Villa who will take the game to you and have class managers in Wenger, Fergie, Moyes, O'Neill.

Grant so far has been lucky, the only times we have only played any more open football is against teams such as Hull, Man City, Leicester and away to Rosenborg. Against better quality teams it's been low scorelines and as you were - that tells you all need to know about Grant and his attacking style. In fact up to this point last season we had scored more goals in every competition aside from the Carling Cup!

The only way Grant can effect any change is buying a whole host of new players - then you will see the kind of game Roman wants us to play - Grant will not bring us anything different unaided - he needs cash to buy more players and get rid of the ones he doesn't want.

So, don't believe the hype, trust your eyes and see what is really put before you and switch off the TV when you hear Mr Grant mumbling along about our new style of football and how much better we are then before.

He's talking out of his arse and he knows it deep down.

Edited by pluto

it's not the manager,who makes the team.It's the players who makes it.

all our players were chosen and builded by Jose.So Grant cannot teach them a lot.

When he is gonna sign the new ones,then you can judge what he has achieved.

And we are not worse than under Jose-we are the same,only with a lot more injuries!!!!

By the way,has anyone ever thought why do we have so much injuries,a major injuries???

Our players are very aggressive,they do not care about themselves,they care for the team only.thus not securing themselves from a hard clashes with opponents.

If you remember Arsenal game-tis was a pure example of absence of the football itself.Massacre and War,Horrors and Fights-anything except normal football.

They need to play more carefull,more politely and by doing this save the team members and risking of loosing points,because of missing the key players.

I'm glad tonight we won,even with that offside goal-for the first time the refferee was on our side and not backward as in every other game.

Manu lost,so we are rocking again.So now after the win,what Grant is good again???No it's the team only,who can loose and who can win.Manager only could bring a right mood and motivation,but when they come to the pitch-it's up to them only.