Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports in France are indicating that Pastore's agent will travel to London today to listen to Chelsea's offer. PSG have already signalled their intent and Palermo are waiting to see if Chelsea will match or raise the PSG offer. PSG supporters are incredibly confident he will be going there, I am currently discussing the transfer on the PSG forum. I honestly think that he will go to PSG where he will be loved and not just 'another star,' and he can continue his development as a guaranteed starter week-in week-out.

Gutted to be missing out on another target.

Though, this would be a terrible back-step for his career !! Paris SG might be a bigger club than Palermo, but the level of La Ligue 1 is far below the level of the Serie A. And I believe if he stays at Palermo he will learn more than if he plays in France. Indeed, there he will play against the likes of Eto'o, Pato, Sneijder, etc... Whilst in France, he will face Alou Diara, Gignac and Gomis...

Actually, if he ends up at Paris I will be happy. As stated by Henrique, the fact he's considering PSG as a serious option just underlines he lacks of ambition. And players who lack of ambition shouldn't play for top clubs like us.

I am agree with you here BL about the reasons which will make him choose PSG. But if he wants to be the main star of a team, to be a guarenteed starter without prove himself, then he has nothing to do with us, end of the story.

And he takes a big risk to be frank. Because he will be bought for a lot of money, and what if he wants to play in a bigger league next year ? It will be impossible, the quataries won't want to lose money on him and no team will want to pay such an amount of money for a player coming from La Ligue 1. And I think he will be very disapointed to play there, retrospectively. Unless he isn't a real competitor. He will realize how poor the french championship is, and that he made a mistake considering he could have played in Spain or England.

And a funny fact. If he choose PSG over us, you will notice a real difference between him, and a guy like Sanchez. They are in the same situation, ie they are young with a big potential and playing in a "small" team in Italia. And whilst the later man has choosen Barcelona, the other will choose PSG.... A big difference in their ambition and "competitive-spirit".

PS : by the way I am more concerned by the outcome of Modric 'saga'.

If Palermo were waiting to see if we will up our bid, then IMO Zamparini or the chief executive would be flying over, not the agent of the player. If the PSG fan from yesterday is to be believed then he seemed to know what PSG contract offer was, 5 year deal and 400k a month i think he said. Now if that's the case, his agent only needs to speak to CFC to see what we will offer (if its true). If Zamparini isn't talking nonsense, then id be quite confident we could better 400k a month, plus Champions League football MIGHT swing it. But i'm not convinced his agent is coming to see Chelsea.

Not even Ronaldo is on €400,000 a month.

He is much more than that...€400 000 per month is €100k week sallary...which is around 88k pound per week.... our Fereira is on 70k week sallary..

Though, this would be a terrible back-step for his career !! Paris SG might be a bigger club than Palermo, but the level of La Ligue 1 is far below the level of the Serie A. And I believe if he stays at Palermo he will learn more than if he plays in France. Indeed, there he will play against the likes of Eto'o, Pato, Sneijder, etc... Whilst in France, he will face Alou Diara, Gignac and Gomis...

Actually, if he ends up at Paris I will be happy. As stated by Henrique, the fact he's considering PSG as a serious option just underlines he lacks of ambition. And players who lack of ambition shouldn't play for top clubs like us.

I am agree with you here BL about the reasons which will make him choose PSG. But if he wants to be the main star of a team, to be a guarenteed starter without prove himself, then he has nothing to do with us, end of the story.

And he takes a big risk to be frank. Because he will be bought for a lot of money, and what if he wants to play in a bigger league next year ? It will be impossible, the quataries won't want to lose money on him and no team will want to pay such an amount of money for a player coming from La Ligue 1. And I think he will be very disapointed to play there, retrospectively. Unless he isn't a real competitor. He will realize how poor the french championship is, and that he made a mistake considering he could have played in Spain or England.

And a funny fact. If he choose PSG over us, you will notice a real difference between him, and a guy like Sanchez. They are in the same situation, ie they are young with a big potential and playing in a "small" team in Italia. And whilst the later man has choosen Barcelona, the other will choose PSG.... A big difference in their ambition and "competitive-spirit".

PS : by the way I am more concerned by the outcome of Modric 'saga'.

Harry is having our eyes out, he will never sell Modric, only for a silly price, and hopefully we don't go any higher than 35 million, which is good, 35 million is enough for him. Where in my opinion Modric may have the premier league experience, but Pastore is younger, and in my opinion he's better. And even if he's not, he will be, either way i have faith he could get the job done. I can see your points though why he wouldn't join a club like us, we would be really unlucky if that happened to us, because most footballers just look at the money and have no second thoughts, if we have truly made a bid for a player who thinks like that, then our luck must be truly the worst, especially now that we need him.