Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

would be a waste of money even if he just costs us 30 millions .

He is very over-hyped and overrated . his passing game is really bad for a No.10 .

Give a look at this , his video shows all of his touches vs rome . watch how poor and bad weighted his passes are .

OR

OR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKv6eESBKiI

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware its goal.com and I'm well aware that Palermo's preident seems slightly detached from reality but I personally hope there's some truth to this story...

Hi Ho Hi Ho Its Off To The Bridge I Go.

Bearing In mind we've got a billionaire owner and no FFP strictly implemented till 2016 splash the cash, Its not my money and as long as It doesn't effect the fans, which it shouldn't with Red Rom's deep pockets I don't see why not.

I'm well aware its goal.com and I'm well aware that Palermo's preident seems slightly detached from reality but I personally hope there's some truth to this story...

Hi Ho Hi Ho Its Off To The Bridge I Go.

Bearing In mind we've got a billionaire owner and no FFP strictly implemented till 2016 splash the cash, Its not my money and as long as It doesn't effect the fans, which it shouldn't with Red Rom's deep pockets I don't see why not.

Story's been reported in SkySports too, so don't worry :lol:

would be a waste of money even if he just costs us 30 millions .

He is very over-hyped and overrated . his passing game is really bad for a No.10 .

Give a look at this , his video shows all of his touches vs rome . watch how poor and bad weighted his passes are .

If as you say this shows his every touch, then take note that the majority of times the balls going forward from his feet, hes not getting it bogged down In midfield hes looking to make a killer pass forward, hes not always successful but hes trying and I think thats something we lack, good vision too.

Yeah he had a few heavy touches and a few passes go astray but that's not exactly rare, also take into the equation his age and experience he'll only learn more and refine his game wearing the Chelsea Blue!smiliecap1.gif

If as you say this shows his every touch, then take note that the majority of times the balls going forward from his feet, hes not getting it bogged down In midfield hes looking to make a killer pass forward, hes not always successful but hes trying and I think thats something we lack, good vision too.

Yeah he had a few heavy touches and a few passes go astray but that's not exactly rare, also take into the equation his age and experience he'll only learn more and refine his game wearing the Chelsea Blue!smiliecap1.gif

Rep for you my man! Well said :goodpost:

BLionheart, I didnt see all of the videos, but I saw him alot and I dont know what are you talking about.

Sure thing is, you are a hell of a party pooper :carlo:

Look, even Carlo is a bit mad at you..

:lol:

you can just act as others and ignore this completely :D

Just act as if he is the next maradone and when he is finally here and starts showing how poor he is , keep saying that he is a young player who is only going to get better and it's not his fault that we paid 30 - 40 millions for him.

:lol:

you can just act as others and ignore this completely :D

Just act as if he is the next maradone and when he is finally here and starts showing how poor he is , keep saying that he is a young player who is only going to get better and it's not his fault that we paid 30 - 40 millions for him.

Why would I? I was kidding if you didnt got it.

Im not a HUGE admire of Pasrote, but from what i've seen so far he's a fantastic midfielder, and if we are looking for a midfielder who isnt a DM(to reaplce Essien),

aka- Creative, Attacking midfielder, so its got to be him and not Modrich for example.I think he is a big part of what we exactly need in our team, he's creative,

he pushes the ball forward, he's energetic, he's a realy great dribbler and a great passer. I cant see why not get him if we are looking for someone in his position.

Well-said , but for a play-maker whose "few touches are heavy and a few passes go ashtray" don't you think he shouldn't cost the same if not more than world-class play-makers ( Snieder - Modric) .

and don't get into because he is young and has potential because that means he is more of a risk than those 2 who have already fulfilled their potential and are still young as well .

This man is definitely not what we need , he likes to run with the ball or shoot more than passing and as you have just said he is always looking for the killer pass even if it means he will lose possession but what we need is a Xavi , a pace dictator who knows how to distribute the ball .

I would pay 50 millions for modric and not 25 for this young lad .

You're being terribly overexaggerant here!

You can't judge a player's rating by watching youtube videos! Sure, he makes a couple of bad touches here and there, but as joshyboy said in his post that I gave him rep for, he's still very young, and will learn a lot more from working alongside bigger players. Some of the passes I saw in those videos were key passes, and I tried not to think of the bad moments because they're irrelevant! You have to think more positively, and comment on his positives, and how they will benefit our functionality as a team this season. I honestly believe he is the player we've been wanting for ages. Him and Di Maria from Real Madrid would make me a happy man! Only problem, is that Di Maria's value would be astronomical, and the FFP rules would catch us out! £70m is a lot of money to lose on two players!

Well-said , but for a play-maker whose "few touches are heavy and a few passes go ashtray" don't you think he shouldn't cost the same if not more than world-class play-makers ( Snieder - Modric) .

and don't get into because he is young and has potential because that means he is more of a risk than those 2 who have already fulfilled their potential and are still young as well .

This man is definitely not what we need , he likes to run with the ball or shoot more than passing and as you have just said he is always looking for the killer pass even if it means he will lose possession but what we need is a Xavi , a pace dictator who knows how to distribute the ball .

I would pay 50 millions for modric and not 25 for this young lad .

But it IS because he's young and has bags of potential, if you take a look at alot of world class players you'll find they were picked out from mid-level teams and nurtured into become a super star, I mean no disrespect to Palermo but they hardly have the same ability to tutor and refine his talents into making him a much more rounded player, He does buck In which alot of assists and he scores alot of goals.

I'd even go so far as to say he reminds me of a younger Lampard but hes also got the ability to get past his marker which a silky touch, nutmeg or a touch of skill.

If AVB is building for the future then I'd say Pastore is ripe for the pickingtiphat.gif

You're being terribly overexaggerant here!

You can't judge a player's rating by watching youtube videos! Sure, he makes a couple of bad touches here and there, but as joshyboy said in his post that I gave him rep for, he's still very young, and will learn a lot more from working alongside bigger players. Some of the passes I saw in those videos were key passes, and I tried not to think of the bad moments because they're irrelevant! You have to think more positively, and comment on his positives, and how they will benefit our functionality as a team this season. I honestly believe he is the player we've been wanting for ages. Him and Di Maria from Real Madrid would make me a happy man! Only problem, is that Di Maria's value would be astronomical, and the FFP rules would catch us out! £70m is a lot of money to lose on two players!

emo3.gifSeconded!

The two facts i am pointing at :

1. Javier Pastore is not a passer , he is a midfielder who can dribble and score but don' expect assists or neat and weighted passes from him .
  2. Pastore is not worth 30-40 millions as that is the worth of snieder and modric who are much better playmakers .

I know you all would like to think that Pastore is a superb player and the best playmaker around but he is not . i have always said that and i have always preferred modric to him

Don't get carried away because Palermo have apparently said Real Madrid and PSG are due for talks too

Source?

Real REALY dont need this guy with all their midfielders, and even if PSG wants him, he wouldnt go there.