Crouch Angered By Mikel Conduct

BBC

Crouch angered by Mikel conduct

Liverpool's Peter Crouch has accused foreign stars of play-acting in the wake of his sending off for a horror tackle on Chelsea's Jon Mikel Obi.

The England striker was dismissed for a two-footed lunge in the Carling Cup quarter-final defeat at Stamford Bridge, but claimed Mikel overreacted.

He said: "Foreign players have brought a lot to our game, but that's something you don't want to see.

"I didn't catch Mikel but he has gone down like he's been shot."

Crouch added: "What I'm thinking is if you go in on Frank Lampard or John Terry would they roll around like Obi Mikel did? I don't think they would have done.

"Would someone like Jamie Carragher have gone down like that? I think it's safe to say that he wouldn't."

The England striker will now serve a three-match ban over the holiday period in a season where he has struggled to earn a regular place in Liverpool's starting line-up.

And the red card from referee Martin Atkinson increased his frustration.

He said: "Mikel came in with his studs up and that was in the back of my mind. Then I thought there was another foul in there and obviously I've lost my head.

"There are no excuses for the tackle I made but if the referee had pulled the foul up when he should have done it wouldn't have happened.

"A lot was going their way and I think frustration got the better of me.

"You give and take with referees and sometimes the decisions go for you and sometimes they don't, so you can't always blame them."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Foreign Stars Slam Crouch'

Foreign stars joined forces today to claim Englsih 'star' Peter Crouch looks like 'Plug' from the Beano. They agreed he had tantums like a spoil posh girl, and fell over like a snapped bamboo cane. They also urged the slightly posh mishapen mouth breather to 'fucking button it'.

Reuters News

:P lol very nice......

Regardless of whether he went down like a sack of potatoes, when you try and drop-kick someone in the stomach, you do tend to see red cards. :P Prick.

He sent Mikel into the bloody boarding for Christ sake, Crouch would have snapped like a twig if someone would have done that to him.

He sent Mikel into the bloody boarding for Christ sake, Crouch would have snapped like a twig if someone would have done that to him.

Again....on another forum, people are saying that Mikel deserved to be clattered as he puts it about himself.....

He may be wreckless at times, but Mikel is far from a dirty player. :whistling:

LOOK AT YOURSELF CROUCH - GRANT

Chelsea coach Avram Grant has told Peter Crouch he needs to look at himself and his team-mates after the Liverpool striker accused Mikel John Obi of a theatrical reaction to his two-footed lunge at Stamford Bridge.

Crouch was sent off for his tackle on the Nigerian midfielder during their Carling Cup quarter-final tie on Wednesday and has since claimed the Chelsea player was guilty of feigning injury and that foreign stars are destroying the "honesty and integrity" of the English game by diving.

But his comments cut little ice with Chelsea's Israeli coach who said Crouch should take a close look at his own conduct and insisted that Mikel, who is doubtful for Sunday's clash at Blackburn, was injured as a result of his two-footed challenge.

Grant declared: "I think first if Peter Crouch didn't do what he did, which everybody saw, then Mikel John Obi would not be in that position.

"The one thing I know is that Mikel could not continue and if you remember I subbed him five minutes later.

"It was a bad injury. I heard that Peter Crouch is a nice guy so he needs to look at himself and see what is wrong and look forward. Not to find any other excuse. Mikel trained today but he is not 100%.

"The only thing I can think about is that he (Crouch) spoke about the players who play in his team. He knows the foreigners in his team very closely. I don't think he knows much about other foreigners."

OOOHH....Grant gets bitchy :P

He may feel with some refs theres a hidden rule about Livscum players and two footed tackles,but then again it werent Clattenburg in charge this time so rules charge.Agree.The sodding typical 'it werent my fault I did it it was his' blah blah talk.

"The only thing I can think about is that he (Crouch) spoke about the players who play in his team. He knows the foreigners in his team very closely. I don't think he knows much about other foreigners."

Legendry Comment :P

Hes got a point.. Foriegener[sp] or not.. alot of liverpool players go down easily

Edited by The Special One

Grant got himself a + in my opinion with that!

Guest Lampards Bitch

For once Grant has made a very good comment there.

Crouch is a toss pot. Mikel ruffled his feathers, so what? no need for a dirty challenge like that. Not very professional