Who needs Sergio Aguero when we've got Fabio Borini

Term-X

Who needs Sergio Aguero when we've got Fabio Borini? Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti insists he'll be thrifty in January

2a6w8qp.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti insists he will resist spending big in January because of the wealth of talent he has coming through the ranks at Chelsea.

The Blues have been linked with Atletico Madrid star Sergio Aguero,Valencia's David Villa, AC Milan's Alexandre Pato and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery, among others, after having their transfer ban temporarily lifted.

But Ancelotti believes Daniel Sturridge and Fabio Borini - who have just 20 minutes of Premier League experience between them this season - can make the step up when Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou head to Angola for the Africa Cup of Nations in January.

'Unless we suffer injuries, we are determined not to make changes to the team,'said Ancelotti. 'We have two forwards going to the Africa Cup of Nations - Drogba and Kalou - but climbing on their shoulders are two little boys with a great future: Sturridge and Borini - an 18-year-old from Bologna who is very, very, very interesting.'

FIFA banned Chelsea from making new signings for two transfer windows - effectively until January 2011 - over their signing of Gael Kakuta. However, the Court of Arbitration for Sport have suspended the punishment until an appeal has been heard.

With the possibility of the penalty still being imposed, it seems surprising that Chelsea would not spend, but Ancelotti also hit out his former Milan player Pato, making a move for the brilliant Brazilian seem unlikely.

Asked about AC Milan's resurgence under a more fluid style imposed by coach Leonardo in recent weeks, Ancelotti claimed he had been met with resistence at the San Siro when he tried to impose a more attacking approach.

Leonardo has also seen Ronaldinho rejuvenated in an attacking trident with the Brazilians playing on either side of Filippo Inzaghi or Marco Borriello.

'I had thought this (system) up last year,' said Ancelotti. 'Then I decided to give up.

'And do you want to know why? Because Pato was against this experiment and thought that we would waste his talent by isolating him in that corner on the right flank.

'Leonardo did well to convince Pato and then find a solution that in fact magnifies the qualities of the lad.'

nd8nt5.jpg

http://www.dailymail...y.html?ITO=1490

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent to see Carlo has faith in our young lads, unless these boys get games at the highest level they are never going to reach the heights that they can. I truly hope that Carlo does give the ACN period to allow Borini, Sturridge and Di Santo the chance to show what they can do because they are all very talented players.

Great news. Borini, in my eyes, has the potential to be a big name player, and if he is given first team chances so early in his career then it would make his development just more outstanding. I hope the next game he is featured for in a Chelsea shirt he will score his first vital goal (first team, i was meant to say btw).

Excellent to see Carlo has faith in our young lads, unless these boys get games at the highest level they are never going to reach the heights that they can. I truly hope that Carlo does give the ACN period to allow Borini, Sturridge and Di Santo the chance to show what they can do because they are all very talented players.

Yes these youngsters are very interesting, i just think fabio will struggle with the physical side also i think daniel needs to show in training he can compete with monster's like terry and alex.

Yes these youngsters are very interesting, i just think fabio will struggle with the physical side also i think daniel needs to show in training he can compete with monster's like terry and alex.

Borini will not struggle with the physical side. He is suprisingly strong and his hold up play is very good considering he isn't a particulary big unit, he works his backside off and doesn't mind getting physical at all. Sturridge is more of a flair player, infact they have worked very well together in the reserves....

Both have tons of potential, they just need the games to take it on to the next level.

Borini will not struggle with the physical side. He is suprisingly strong and his hold up play is very good considering he isn't a particulary big unit, he works his backside off and doesn't mind getting physical at all. Sturridge is more of a flair player, infact they have worked very well together in the reserves....

Both have tons of potential, they just need the games to take it on to the next level.

We will see, di santo has done well at blackburn he just needs a few goals now. His general play is really good though and i look forward to having him back.

We will see, di santo has done well at blackburn he just needs a few goals now. His general play is really good though and i look forward to having him back.

Yes Di Santo's hold up play and link up play is top class, and if he can start scoring goals he can be a top forward still. We have 3 young strikers who all have potential to be very very good - not a bad situation to be in i would say.

Yes Di Santo's hold up play and link up play is top class, and if he can start scoring goals he can be a top forward still. We have 3 young strikers who all have potential to be very very good - not a bad situation to be in i would say.

maybe romans youth development plans have worked

maybe romans youth development plans have worked

Of course it has worked. People wanted results from it too quickly. Our academy was very poor before Roman came along. His investments are now bearing fruit. We have a good bunch of players on the fringes of the first team and behind them we have the best group of young players we have produced for many many years......

IF Anelka's fit in January i think we shouldn't call back Di Santo, or may be call him for just a couple of weeks only if we are loaning him back again..

He is doing really well at Blackburn.. I'd like to continue and not get disrupted..

Don't know if you've guys have read this but by the looks of it: Di Santo aint coming back, why is really anoying. Now i have to get a new sig and Aava :P

<h1 class="main-headline">Di Santo eyes Rovers stay</h1>

Blackburn loanee keen to continue education

Striker Franco DiSanto is hoping his loan spell at Blackburn Rovers can be extendedafter making a big impression at Ewood Park.

The 20-year-old Argentine marksman, who is on loan atRovers from Chelsea until January, opened his account against Burnleyat the weekend.

Di Santospacer.gifwas a perennial substitute for Chelsea making just eight leagueappearances off the bench in 18 months for the Stamford Bridge outfitafter joining from Audax Italiano.

However, he has been given the chance to start under Sam Allardycespacer.gif and the talented prospect is enjoying his first-team experience with the Lancashire outfit.

Chelsea could recall him as cover for Didier Drogbaspacer.gifduring the Africa Cup of Nations, however, if he is unlikely to playupon returning to Stamford Bridge, Di Santo would rather stay withRovers.

Experience

"I need to improve and gain experience," Di Santo told the Daily Express."I need to play games and score goals. If I got back to Chelsea I willtry my best but, if I stay here, I will continue my education.

"Itis good for me being at Blackburn. I am very happy to be here becausethe manager has given me the opportunity to play. That has given me theopportunity to improve and gain experience and I hope to get better andbetter over the next few games.

"Sam Allardyce is helping me tobecome a more complete player. I have the ambition to be able to playin every kind of style so, if I have any problems in certain areas, Iwant to work harder to fit in with that particular way.

"I hope to get back to Chelsea and play. If I go back and don't play, it is less good for me. It depends on the situation.

"Oneof the main reasons to stay here would be because of the supporters.They seem to love my name I think and that situation gives me moreconfidence to continue here.

"I feel I have proved I can play inthe Premier League by coming here but I need to improve every game. Ineed more experience and now Blackburn have given me the opportunity toplay more games."

Source: SkySports

• 1 year later...
Guest justin_3d

What an old thread. lol

And the title is even funnier:

Who needs Sergio Aguero when we got Borini....LMAO!

Anyways, how is the guy doing in Italy?