The Transfer Ban

What I find amusing is that as soon as this report was published, all Chelsea haters (99.99% other football supporters) started saying their usual crap like

''they deserve it''

''I'm glad they are ruining football''

''what goes around comes around''

''shit team, shit history, I hope they go to League 2''

and act as if though Chelsea is the only club that does bad things (I'm pretty sure they are all closet Manchester United supporters at least).

Then if we win with are appeal, the whole football community wll start moaning, call FIFA spineless and say we are always lucky with everything (must be closet Liverpool supporters). I bet if West Ham get punished with a huge fine, kicked out of League Cup and Fa Cup and get points docked off because of the Millwall game, everyone would start to defend them, but if it happened to Chelsea, everyone would just feel happy.

I am pretty sure we are the most hated football club in the world.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''what goes around comes around''

This is the best of the lot of them.......

It will indeed come around. Manu, Arsenal, Real, Barca, etc.....If lesser clubs feel victimised, FIFA will have to act if they want to play hardball with the big boys. If they dont act then we would have a case for discrimination.

Play the fuckers at their own game.

Hmmmmmm.....

If we've crossed the line then we cant really complain. FIFA are just applying the rules.

If this is the case then they must analise every "dodgy" new signing and apply the rules straight across the board. If they want to make an example of us thats fair enough, but to single us out and not apply the same rules to others who have used similar methods in bringing players to their clubs, would be bordering on discrimination.

I await other clubs dealings to be thoroughly disected to make this a level playing field.

The mentions of Man City pursuing of Lescott doesn't fall into this bracket if I'm reading it correctly. Lescott didnt ask for his contract to be terminated then go elsewhere. He asked for a transfer which is totaly different imo. Yes you could say it is "tapping up" but thats a different kettle of fish altogether.

If the appeal is successful then we can move on and put it behind us. Lesson learnt. If not then we must pull together and get right behind the club vocally and show them we shall not be battered into submission. We will show what we're made of by winning the title and hopefully the CL and blank Platini on that podium when we collect our winners medals.

Chelsea till I die. :thumbsup:

To be fair.....the rules are there in black and white in another thread. We didnt follow them and have been punished accordingly.

If you want to blame Baltter, Platini, etc...by all means go for it, but we should be looking closer to home imo. Either those who make these decsions within the club dont know the rules or they totally disreguarded them. Imo, these people should be spoken to buy the clubs hierarchy and asked to explain their actions.

If the decision was made knowingly from those at the top then they've only themselves to blame.

From a manure site

In recent seasons United has signed Giuseppe Rossi, Gerrard Piqué,Federico Macheda, Davide Petrucci and Paul Pogba amid a storm ofprotest and recrimination from each of the players' parent clubs.Indeed, United has made millions from the re-sale of Rossi and Piqué –and potentially saved millions in transfer fees on the others.

To date there is nothing to stop English clubs signing up under-18players from continental Europe – or indeed further abroad in the caseof United's da Silva twins and Rodrigo Possebon. And while there is absolutely no suggestion that United has acted improperly – or illegally – in the case of the aforementioned kids, the club'sreputation and actions have repeatedly been questioned.

Lets see what happens to them

Doesn't anyone find it kind of suspicous it was made public after the whole 'Mutu Has to Retire' report came out?

Like AR said, if the appeal is turned down then we should stand buy and use our youngsters and show them that we do have good youngsters going through our academy. Don't know what Carlo will do now though, he has no limit for players for come in, i guess any rational manager would walk away from the club, i am hoping he isn't like that and stays.

One thing, does this mean we can't bring in more youngsters?

To be fair.....the rules are there in black and white in another thread. We didnt follow them and have been punished accordingly.

If you want to blame Baltter, Platini, etc...by all means go for it, but we should be looking closer to home imo. Either those who make these decsions within the club dont know the rules or they totally disreguarded them. Imo, these people should be spoken to buy the clubs hierarchy and asked to explain their actions.

If the decision was made knowingly from those at the top then they've only themselves to blame.

Absolutely. I can understand why people are upset, but at the end of the day if we broke the rules we deserve the punishment. Isn't that what we've been telling Mutu?

Platini it is the person which to put it mildly football pulls down. Its idiotic decisions break to clubs destiny it is possible to tell. It silly and shows at once its hostility to English football, at first a semi-final that year, now it. 

Very stupidly!!!

Don't hold your breath waiting to see if other clubs would get the same punishment. You know they won't.

I really hope they will reduce the ban. If it isn't reduced, we'll just have to use our youngsters a lot more. The 16+ year olds are registered.

It's making me think now, is the player even worth all this?

If we train him right and give him enough chances like we did with JT, we'll know the answer in 10 years...

Because he thinks someone is against his football club, No, I don't think its overreacting.

Football isn't a matter of life and death, Its much more important than that.

Disagree with you, for me football is a major part of my life and something i cannot live with out. So i think it was a perfect response to your comment.

I have to strongly disagree here. I would NOT trade my daughter, parents, sister, brother and husband for football. NEVER. Family is MUCH more important.

we are the most hated club in world football.

Love it B)

I don't see how Lens can possibly complain - I'm pretty sure that in football regulations it's illegal to offer a contract to a player under the age of 17, yet they are saying they had him contracted since he was 15...

I just think Lens are pissed cos fucking Montpellier are above them in Ligue Un :lol:

I'm not worried anyway... at first i was like this :fainthv9: but then i realized that tehy did the same thing to roma, they appealed and the ban was reduced to just one transferperiod, so we'll be able to register player in jan 2011... FIFA is full of bastards, especially fuckini... hate this french toad, just cause the liverpool fans disturbed his winning ceremony in the heysel stadium, not all fans are like the scousers, it was a black day on football but u toad should get over it and be neutral as YOU SCHOULD BE AS A PRESIDENT OF AN INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL ASSOSIATION asshole...

and this will give our youngsters a chance... so if we cant give them a chance on the normal track, maybe this way...

Kakuta will serve this right cause of his injurys... he will get back his speed and agilty something he was lacking since he was injured and in jan he'll play in the CL, cause we have registred him ALREADY... and then he should come on in the final and score the winner against his fucking JUVE (sry nothing against juve, great team like them a lot, out of all italian teams they're the only once i like)

so C'Mon Blues blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif

Edited by Clevemayer

It was March 2007, France's under-16 team had agreed to play Polandin two friendly matches in three days and it was not an opportunitythat scouts from the Premier League were going to miss. France'sleading young talent is always worth a look and this particular vintagecame highly recommended.

Chelsea,of course, were present and correct and, after taking in a 0-0 drawfollowed by a thumping 5-0 France victory, one player had advertisedhimself as being of an exquisitely rare quality. Gaël Kakuta held thescouts in thrall. Whether with his first touch, his pace in possessionor his mesmeric ability to ghost past challengers, they could not taketheir eyes off him.

Kakuta scored in the second game but, bythen, Chelsea were hooked. Dispatches were duly filed to Frank Arnesen,then the club's head of scouting and youth development. Here was aplayer that they had to have, one who was worth going the extra mile tosign.

The winger, who was aged 15 at the time, was scouted onfurther occasions and the wheels of a deal were set in motion. But, aswith other occasions on Arnesen's watch, those wheels rolled overpeople and clubs who would howl with indignation – in Kakuta's case,his club Lens, with whom he had an "elite training" contract, if not aprofessional one. They cried foul to Fifaand more than two years on Chelsea and Arnesen have been left to digestthe consequences. The London club have been barred from playing thenext two transfers windows, pending appeal.

Arnesen was at a lowebb in the summer of 2007, when Kakuta arrived at Stamford Bridge. Theywere, as it transpired, the final months of the Jose Mourinhomanagement era and, having fallen out with the volatile Portuguese,Arnesen found himself on the fringes. It was a time of ascendancy inthe complex world of Chelsea politics for the chief executive, PeterKenyon. Circumstances have since changed and Arnesen, for whomMourinho's departure in September 2007 was a very good thing, completedhis rise, in July, to the position of sporting director. Kenyon'sstock, meanwhile, has seemingly fallen.

Yet Arnesen was at thehelm in terms of youth recruitment when Kakuta was tempted to westLondon; the scouts reported to him and considered him to be the boss.As the Dane feels his way into his new broader and more powerful role,the timing of the Fifa sanction could not be worse, or moreembarrassing.

Roman Abramovich, the billionaire Chelsea owner, isa man of few words but his silence can connote menace. If there is acan to carry, it could be Arnesen's, particularly as he and the clubhave previously been accused of illegally poaching young players.

In2006, the Leeds United chairman, Ken Bates, accused Chelsea of tappingup the academy players Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo before signing them,and making an illegal approach for Danny Rose, who chose to stay atElland Road before he eventually joined Tottenham Hotspur. "Because ofthe financial strength of Abramovich," Bates said at the time,"financial punishments alone will make no difference to them." Chelseastrongly denied any wrongdoing.

Weeks later, Arnesen was shown bythe BBC's Panorama programme appearing to make an approach to theMiddlesbrough schoolboy player Nathan Porritt. He was secretly filmedoffering the 15-year-old a payment of £150,000, although Chelsea havealways denied any wrongdoing. Although Porritt stayed put, other clubshave had their feathers ruffled and their prized assets spirited awayby Chelsea's's hard cash and no-nonsense approach.

There is acertain irony in Arnesen's Chelsea career beginning with a tapping-upstorm. He was made to serve a period of gardening leave after Chelseawere ruled to have made an illegal approach to Tottenham for him.Chelsea were forced to pay £5m to Spurs and Arnesen was immediatelyunder pressure to justify his own poaching. One of his weapons ofchoice was Abramovich's chequebook.

Chelsea are far from beingthe only big club who use their financial clout to raid smaller ones.Indeed, Manchester United are the subject of action from Le Havre overthe tactics they allegedly used to take the 16-year-old Paul Pogba. Butat the moment, it is Chelsea who are squirming under an unforgivingspotlight.

www.guardian.co.uk

Arnesen should get sack for this

first it was the leeds boys and second it illegal approach for the boro boy now he got us a ban for illegal approach for Gaël Kakuta

when will he learn useless cunt..............:rant:

Absolutely. I can understand why people are upset, but at the end of the day if we broke the rules we deserve the punishment. Isn't that what we've been telling Mutu?

because we have a bunch of old lads that we cannot replace till January 2011 and now we will miss out on Agüero too :readthemessage:

Edited by the wes

because we have a bunch of old lads that we cannot replace till January 2011 and now we will miss out on Agüero too :readthemessage:

You're making it sound like we don't have any good young players who're waiting for their chances. Sturridge, Di Santo, Mancienne, etc. We can play them so they can improve and the older players get some rest.