blueboy9

You have the best attack for your kind of conditions. None of your vehement shouting and posturing takes away from the fact that your so called "best in the world" attack can't cut it in the testing conditions of the subcontinent, as proved during the WC when England ... well we know how England fared :giggle:

Fact is our woeful shot selection and absence of grit has made you look better than you are. We don't seem to learn from our mistakes and that just makes it worse. England have dominated - for sure, but we have self-destructed in each of these games and for that we only have ourselves to blame. The day this team plays to it's potential, England will be blown out of the water irrespective of the numerous best this, best that tags it gives itself.

Save the "we're best because we win in these conditions" nonsense. Do it in unfriendly conditions and I'll gladly eat humble pie.

P.S - Broad is God. Seems to have the midas touch atm.

At the moment we'll continue to sing our team's praises, it's the only bit of good news us English have at the moment.

Also you are reminding me of Arsenal fans... you are getting thumped but you don't care because you play good cricket :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These friendly bowling conditions are doing very well, it's now 337-2, stunning bowling by this fearsome attack. Just saw the most fantastic appeal from Sharma too, was going about 5 yards wide and 3 yards over oh and it was about 7 yards outside the line so fucking close! Intense stuff.

P.S 4!

And we can hopefully bat all day today and get 1000 runs ...ok maybe not but hey, 600 is in the offering and then 2 days to bowl India out. It's an amazing position to be in after 2 days i must say.

Well we were done 5-0 by the Aussies in the 2007 ashes and that was painful. We even managed to get over 500 in one of those innings with Collingwood getting 200 and we still fucking lost.

This is just a blip for India in conditions they're not too familiar with and they haven't picked the right players as deputies. There just doesn't seem to be any wicket taking threat and England have shown that you can take wickets on this surface. Edgebaston usually becomes a bit of a batsmans nightmare after the 3rd day too so i'd be surprised if we don't go 3-0 up here.

I'd love to see if we can do this in the sub continent though, we'll have to wait and see for that.

IPL tiredness perhaps although it's only 40 overs, i dunno. Anyway it's raining again but nothing was happening anyway was boring as hell.

503-3 and rain

I reckon we'll try to get to 700 after lunch and then declare. This pitch is good for bowling now. The rain is only delaying the inevitable.

Quiet here isn't it....

Well i got that pretty much spot on, 710-7 and declared. Absolutely fantastic knock by cook to get 294, gutted he failed to make 300 but exceptional all the same. 2 days to get 9 wickets and go to number 1 in style. One of the most one sided test matches i've ever seen.