blueboy9

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all gone quiet in the Indian end... :woo:

Haha I was at the Wankhede here in Mumbai last time England toured India in Tests in 2006. We gave a right bollocking to Flintoff all throughout that game (in part due to him ripping off his shirt and sprinting all over the ground after a narrow ODI win against us back in 2002, as a response to which Ganguly did the same in the Lord's balcony after the NatWest win in 2003). Anyway, we were getting hammered by you lot and your Barmy Army guys had gotten very boisterous. At one point they started singing "You're not singing anymore" and immediately we took a wicket, they fell quiet and we started singing the same. I was seated quite close to a batch of English fans and it made for awesome banter. We eventually got beaten to a pulp but it was great fun nevertheless %28Y%29.gif

What a fucking ball from Bresnan, the perfect ball from a seam bowler, you cannot get any better than that, Dravid gone, bowled, 75-4

And it's lunch!

i`ve always thought he`s a solid club player who could fill in when we are hit by injuries and not let us down,but nothing spectacular...the last 6 months or so tho he`s really developed into a player who could become a regular for us and a key part of our winning team. i`d like to see Prior have the 6th spot, Bresnan the 7th and then play Steve Finn instead of Morgan but i doubt if they are gonna make that change now,at this stage of the series and the way it`s going,it`s upto India to try and bowl us out rather than us having to bowl them out.

When Tim first got into the International set up i wasn't too much of a fan. He was, as you say, solid but nothing spectacular. He was economical, kind of like the guy to just do a few overs to give the main men a bit of a rest before unleashing them again. In the last few tests he's become one of the main strike bowlers himself, developing a huge amount. He's now a key member of the England cricket set up, mr reliable but steady too. Great all round bowler.

At the moment, we have the best bowling attack in test cricket by far.

Haha I was at the Wankhede here in Mumbai last time England toured India in Tests in 2006. We gave a right bollocking to Flintoff all throughout that game (in part due to him ripping off his shirt and sprinting all over the ground after a narrow ODI win against us back in 2002, as a response to which Ganguly did the same in the Lord's balcony after the NatWest win in 2003). Anyway, we were getting hammered by you lot and your Barmy Army guys had gotten very boisterous. At one point they started singing "You're not singing anymore" and immediately we took a wicket, they fell quiet and we started singing the same. I was seated quite close to a batch of English fans and it made for awesome banter. We eventually got beaten to a pulp but it was great fun nevertheless %28Y%29.gif

it is good banter at the cricket,we always in the past seemed to have well beaten each other in tests..it`s usually the home team giving the thrashing,not always in the way of winning the series.like i`ve seen us getting hammered out in India 1-0 for example.

the Barmy Army remind me of the Chelsea away support.results make no difference to the numbers who show up and we will have a good sing song no matter.

...only time i`ve ever seen it get violent was during an England v Pakistan game at Headingley some of the Pakistan fans were burning the union (jack) flag inside the ground and as far as cricket goes it was probably the nearest to a full blown riot we have seen in the U.K..was about 20 years ago..

When Tim first got into the International set up i wasn't too much of a fan. He was, as you say, solid but nothing spectacular. He was economical, kind of like the guy to just do a few overs to give the main men a bit of a rest before unleashing them again. In the last few tests he's become one of the main strike bowlers himself, developing a huge amount. He's now a key member of the England cricket set up, mr reliable but steady too. Great all round bowler.

At the moment, we have the best bowling attack in test cricket by far.

yeah definately. that is pretty much the main difference between the teams i think...makes a difference from the years where we would have as Boycott would say "buffet bowling".. and the fact that those bowlers can all bat..even at 11 Jimmy can fend them off.

Don't get upset because your guys are getting smashed. We have the best bowling attack in the world atm, if we don't do it in the sub continent then pity but atm nobody can compare with our bowling attack except maybe south africa but they aren't complete. We have swing bowlers who can swing it both ways, bowlers that can hammer it short, the number one spinner in test cricket... We have 3 in the top 7 but Broad will soon be in the top 6 with this current form. Anderson is 2nd.

The stats show it, the pictures show it and what i'm watching right now shows it. If our conditions were so helpful, why have you guys only taken 10 wickets twice, with one of those being when we were like 450 ahead blazing away for fun?

And also, why have we scored so many runs whereas India aint even got a 300 yet? And they won't do that here either baring some monumental fuck up.

Oh please. Don't make such absurd claims until you've shown the same penetration in non helpful conditions of the subcontinent.

but we`d have to wait till January. :( nooo that can`t be..we might not exist then. it must be now! :)

the question would be tho who is better? sure it`s gonna be different on the dust. but all the teams we`ve blown away in the last year have been bowling on the same pitch as us...we have ended up bowling teams out for say 180 and then folks would say,it`s a bowlers pitch and then we would bat for the next 5 sessions.

i don`t think this bowling attack is up to the Windies in the 80`s and early 90`s by any means,but on current (over the last 12months) form..i don`t think there`s anyone better.