OFFICIAL: di Santo loaned to Blackburn

Blackburn swoop for strike pair

Blackburn have completed a loan move for Chelsea's Franco di Santo, while Hajduk Split say Rovers have also agreed a deal for Nikola Kalinic.

Di Santo, 20, has joined on loan until the January transfer window.

And Croatia international Kalinic could soon join him at Ewood Park, with Split claiming the 21-year-old has signed a four-year deal for a fee of up to £12m.

"I want to train with my new team as soon as possible and get into top form," Kalinic told Split's website.

Kalinic is also believed to have been a target for Portsmouth, who wanted the Croatia international to replace Peter Crouch at Fratton Park.

While Di Santo's deal is initially for about five months, Rovers have first option to extend the deal to the end of the season.

o.gif

The Argentine arrived at Chelsea as an 18-year-old from Chilean side Audax Italiano in January 2008 but he has failed to establish himself at Stamford Bridge and has made just 16 substitute appearances.

Di Santo made his Premier League debut at home to Tottenham last August after impressing in the reserves with seven goals in his first eight appearances.

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce had been looking to bolster his striking options this summer after Roque Santa Cruz's switch to Manchester City.

Source BBC News

I'm quite disappointed by this.. but it'll give him some PL play time which is what he needs. He should come back in January as a better, more experienced player.

Edited by Akemisu

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Source BBC News

I'm quite disappointed by this.. but it'll give him some PL play time which is what he needs. He should come back in January as a better, more experienced player.

Maybe, maybe not. Ben Sahar was sent on loan to Portsmouth and he didn't even play a game there.

Blackburn have a few strikers that will be in front of Di Santo in the pecking order, too; McCarthy, Santa Cruz, etc.

Maybe, maybe not. Ben Sahar was sent on loan to Portsmouth and he didn't even play a game there.

Blackburn have a few strikers that will be in front of Di Santo in the pecking order, too; McCarthy, Santa Cruz, etc.

LOL McCarthy! I would prefer Di Santo with one leg. Also, Santa Cruz went the MANc.

DiSanto will be starting. Mark my words

Edited by gary gordon

The most important thing for Di Santo now is that he gets the games. If he gets the games it will do him the world of good. He has the quality to do very well, and to be playing on a regular basis in the premier league is great for him.

Chelsea have always had out and out top strikers Dixon, Hasselbaink, Drogba etc and its even more of a requisite now that expecations are so high season after season -yes young new ones will be tried -Sahar, Di santo etc but unless they're top dollar they will be farmed out. Just one off game is enough for them to be loaned , sold, such are the requirements of the board.

That said, I though Di Santo showed promise and as Esk said if he gets loads of games, there is hope he will return.

The problem is , even if he does well at Blackbum, they will make an offer and more than likely we will be in the top three riding high and Di Santo returning could upset the existing strike force. For that reason I reckon its adios Di Santo....

Chelsea have always had out and out top strikers Dixon, Hasselbaink, Drogba etc and its even more of a requisite now that expecations are so high season after season -yes young new ones will be tried -Sahar, Di santo etc but unless they're top dollar they will be farmed out. Just one off game is enough for them to be loaned , sold, such are the requirements of the board.

That said, I though Di Santo showed promise and as Esk said if he gets loads of games, there is hope he will return.

The problem is , even if he does well at Blackbum, they will make an offer and more than likely we will be in the top three riding high and Di Santo returning could upset the existing strike force. For that reason I reckon its adios Di Santo....

Di Santo has the benefit of the ACN, if he can score goals and put in good performances at Blackburn once Drogba and Kalou dissapear for the ACN then Di Santo has the chance to come back and stake a claim. Time will tell but i think Di Santo definately has the quality to be a top player for us in the future.

To my knowledge, Blackburn only have McCarthy and Roberts as recognised strikers. They sold Derbyshire too in the summer to some Turkish club I think, so FDS will get quite a few games.

It'll be of more benefit to him than sitting on our bench getting a run out here and there.

To my knowledge, Blackburn only have McCarthy and Roberts as recognised strikers. They sold Derbyshire too in the summer to some Turkish club I think, so FDS will get quite a few games.

It'll be of more benefit to him than sitting on our bench getting a run out here and there.

Dont they have Mortan Gamst Paderson (sp)

Edited by ChelseaBoi

New Stamford Bridge boss Carlo Ancelotti is keen for the youngster to gain vital experience and sees Ewood Park as the ideal place to do so.

"I am very happy to be here because I think Blackburn is a big team for me and I want to improve," Di Santo told Rovers Player.

"I want to do my best for Blackburn. For me it is important because I need to improve, score and be happy.

"I spoke with the manager (Sam Allardyce) and he convinced me to come here.

"I am very fast, I like to play with height and I will try to score every game if my friends cross to me."