Di Santo to emulate Messi

Term-X

Chelsea's young striker Franco di Santo has expressed his desire to emulate compatriot Lionel Messi.

20uoi8z.jpg

While Messispacer.gif is one of the stars of world football Di Santospacer.gif is still struggling to break into Chelsea's first team.

The 20-year-old is yet to score in the Premier League, but that has not stopped him from developing sky-high ambitions.

"I would like to be the new Messi. We know each other quite a lot," he told La Nacion.

"When we met in last season's Champions League I gave him my congratulations, he is a great player.

"I spoke all that I could with him but he is a bit shy."

Di Santo also revealed he is especially close with team-mate Didier Drogba,spacer.gif while John Terryspacer.gif often helps him out of pickles.

"I have an excellent relationship with Drogba because we make a lot of mess in the dressing room, and Terry is another great person," he continued.

"Sometimes he picks me up at home, he takes care of the all the details."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_5466493,00.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

never say never lads, he is still young and has plenty of years to prove his worth. I just hope he does get the chance, he has worked very hard since he has come here, he just hasn't had the opportunity because Drogba and Anelka have hogged all the games. As long as he has great people to learn from, he can do it, it will just take a bit of time.

I don't get it, has he gon to Blackburn on a season long loan or still with us?

:huh: I'm kind of confused?!

Anyway, he's more like Crespo, but if he can be like Messi with the finishing and the aerial ability of Crespo that would be deadly :D

I don't get it, has he gon to Blackburn on a season long loan or still with us?

:huh: I'm kind of confused?!

Anyway, he's more like Crespo, but if he can be like Messi with the finishing and the aerial ability of Crespo that would be deadly :D

He is still with us as far as I know. I suppose he is going to say Messi as would any young striker, but if he ends up to be Crespo mark two, I for one would settle for that.

Forget being the next Messi or Crespo. He is going to be the first Franco Di Santo :)

He has a mixture of ability, skillful on the ball, can hold up the ball, good in the air and has a great eye for goal. We need to get him playing semi-regular to get his confidence up and a chance to show he can play a bigger role for us.