Gennaro Gattuso

Sport.co.uk

Gattuso set for Chelsea move

CARLO ANCELOTTI is set to make midfield enforcer Gennaro Gattuso his first Chelsea signing. The Italian midfielder is said to be disappointed at Ancelotti's exit from AC Milan and is considering joining the Italian at Stamford Bridge.

Gattuso, who had a successful spell at in the UK with Rangers in 1997-98, is said to want a return to British football and Ancelotti's move to Chelsea has hastened his desire to leave Milan. The 31-year-old Champions League winner is close friends with his fellow countryman and Gattuso's agent Andrea D'Amico expects him to become one of Ancelotti's first signings as Chelsea boss.

"The rapport between Gattuso and Ancelotti is very strong," D'Amico said. "He was deeply distressed by the decision to change the boss. Gattuso is very attached to Ancelotti. Gennaro has the characteristics and the qualities needed to play in the English league. Should a very important offer come in, I feel that negotiations could be opened."

Really good player......But in Mikel and Essiens role?

Could be a decent buy considering the ACON in January.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another long term plan eh? I don't think so. We need to lower the the age of the squad, not add to it. Fucking Kenyon and his "superstar" obsession is really starting to get on my tits.

I don't want to see Gattuso in, We don't need another AC MIlan in Europe it would be ussless....!!

I just expect a topic where Paolo Maldini is planing to get back to football in Chelsea because of Ancelloti....hahahahahahha

If he's valued by Milan to be anything under £10 million, we should certainly go for it. We should stop thinking of Essien as a CDM in my opinion, now Mikel has proved his qualities.

Agreed. We should also stop thinking of Mikel as strictly a CDM too.

Edited by thejolta

Gennaro Gattuso's agent has denied suggesting that the Italy international could follow coach Carlo Ancelotti to Chelsea.

Earlier in the day, Andrea D'Amico was quoted as saying the 31-year-old midfielder was unhappy at AC Milan following Ancelotti's departure to Stamford Bridge.

D'Amico even suggested that his client could be interested in a move to the Premier League himself.

However, he has now back-tracked after claiming Gattuso will be staying with the Rossoneri.

He said: "I have never said that Gattuso will leave. There could be offers for him by clubs because who wouldn't want a player like Gattuso?

"Rino was saddened to see Ancelotti leave because he has a special relationship with him. His mission is at Milan and he wants to stay."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You