Should di Santo be loaned?

Ben Sahar's careers with Chelsea is as good as over. I cant see him making the first team.

The ones we should look to bring in the first team squad in the next 3-4 years are:

Di Santo, Stoch, Kakuta, Cork, Bertand, Mellis, Nouble, Mancienne. Thats 3 defenders, 2 wingers, 1 midfielder and 2 strikers. I hope to see them with the first team squad.

All good players and all have the potential to make it. But the club need to be willing to give them a chance or it will be pointless.

Sahar has had a very good half season in Holland. He will be looked at in pre season. Personally i think that both Sahar and Sinclair were badly handled by Chelsea which has put them back a lot.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Di Santo and Mancienne are perhaps the two players with the most potential out of all the possible players to come up from the reserves, although I do agree a season in the Premier League would be most beneficial to any player trying to break into the first team.

Di Santo and Mancienne are perhaps the two players with the most potential out of all the possible players to come up from the reserves, although I do agree a season in the Premier League would be most beneficial to any player trying to break into the first team.

Absolutely, both already have a foot in the first team squad as backup players. They comes a point when loans to the championship become pointless. They either stay at show what they can do at Chelsea or get a loan to the premiership to be playing regular premiership football.

It's all about being given chances, for various reasons this club has been very reluctant to do that. Mancienne has had the best chances this season and done very well for that, but could have been give more. When you look at Man U, who have given their young players minutes on the pitch, most notably Wellbeck and Macheda, both were in the losing side against us in the FA Youth cup and both were overshadowed by Kakuta, Nouble and Borini yet they are given the oppertunity to feel premiership football for more minutes than even Di Santo.

I completely agree. However, I believe that for Guus Hiddink, as a manager, the win comes before anything, and I don't think he is willing to risk that achievement by playing young players. On the other hand, Alex Ferguson has a lot of faith in his youth academy simply because over the last two decades he has been heavily involved with all things Manchester United. Scolari seemed willing to play some of the younger matches here and there to gain a bit of experience, and so may the next manager, but I believe the reason why Hiddink has really only played Mancienne is because of the player himself proving his own ability first at Wolves and then when he came back. Let's be fair, he hasn't really had too much time to assess the state of the reserves and the academy and I think his mentality is to keep a solid backbone to the team (of Cech, Terry, Alex, Ashley Cole, Frank, Essien, Didier, Anelka and Malouda), and he wants to maintain that backbone because he trusts those players in particular, hence the reason why when we see any change at all in the team, its usually to bring in someone like Belletti, Kalou or Ovanovic, and the reason we've had such a good spell recently is due to the fact we are consistently playing the same players in a formation that really suits the likes of the forward three of Nico, Didier and Florent, and allows the midfielders to play to the best of their ability also. That's why the youth haven't seen too many chances recently, although I'm quite sure that should we bring in Ancelotti or another manager, they will more than likely look at the whole youth set up over the summer and take a number of youngsters to the States for pre-season.

It is certainly understandable that Hiddink hasn't played the young players much, he has come in to do a job in a short period. Although i felt there were times when Scolari should have given some of them minutes, being a 3 goals up with 20 minutes to go and bringing on Belletti or likes.

Your right though that Scolari did seem willing to give the young lads a go, and i am more than sure that part of the responsibilities of Scolari and whoever the new manager is, will be to bring through these players, because the club have invested heavily and want to see that come through.

I know that this season has had massive turmoil, but the lack of minutes (it doesn't even have to be starts, 20 mins here 30 mins there) has put Di Santo backwards, and is going to made next season harder for him. I think we have seriously mis-managed Sinclair and Sahar which has given them both very little chance of making our first team and i don't want to see the same happen with Franco.

I agree with you there. However, at a club where titles are so desparately sought after, it makes it even harder for a young star to break into the squad. That being said, Franco has the potential to be a star and I am sure the next manager will see that.

I agree with you there. However, at a club where titles are so desparately sought after, it makes it even harder for a young star to break into the squad. That being said, Franco has the potential to be a star and I am sure the next manager will see that.

Without doubt it is harder to break through here than at most clubs, but also we have the best youth facilities around and can produce the best there. The club want to see the academy produce, and there will be a level of pressure on the new manager to bring them through. Even more because it looks like the Prem are going to adopt a quota similar to the lower leagues.

Di Santo for me has to stay around the first team, much like Mancienne and i am sure they both will.

Great idea we could maybe loan him to clubs who just come in to Premier League like Birmingham or Burnley they don't have a big transfer budget so take Di Santo on loan could be great option for them and Franco will be play in top level not just with reserves team also he will gain some experience because 15min in the end of the match it's not the same like full match.

Great idea we could maybe loan him to clubs who just come in to Premier League like Birmingham or Burnley they don't have a big transfer budget so take Di Santo on loan could be great option for them and Franco will be play in top level not just with reserves team also he will gain some experience because 15min in the end of the match it's not the same like full match.

agreed.

The problem with loaning him out is that (Assuming we keep both Drogba and Anelka) we will have to bring in ANOTHER striker as cover. So when Di Santo does come back he will have even more competition for a place. The best thing for him is to stay with our first team, but the new manager does need to give him chances. Di Santo was alway brought in as a first team player, even though he was young, not as though he is someone who has come through our youth ranks.

Isnt there an option in Loan agreement like 'Can be recalled' -- U know.. The likes we have in FM2008 ;) In that case, if at all we have an injury crisis, we cud call them back in 24 hrs notice !!!

Isnt there an option in Loan agreement like 'Can be recalled' -- U know.. The likes we have in FM2008 ;) In that case, if at all we have an injury crisis, we cud call them back in 24 hrs notice !!!

You can have recall clauses in loans of course, the problem is that the clubs taking the players on loan are not too keen on them for obvious reasons.

if i think of sinclair i think of ashley young...

because they have the same type of play (he can cross it well and pass defenders).....

and i think if we used sinclair more often he would have become a class player....

we should give more chances to our young players....

like cork,hutchingson,mancienne,di santo,stoch, and use rhys taylor in pre season friendlies..

edit; i almost forgot we should use sergio tejera more often because when (very positive :P ) he becomes a world class player....

liverpool will be drooling their mouths off....(spanish connection) :lol:

and then we ain't gonna sell him to them...hehehehe :D

if i think of sinclair i think of ashley young...

because they have the same type of play (he can cross it well and pass defenders).....

and i think if we used sinclair more often he would have become a class player....

we should give more chances to our young players....

like cork,hutchingson,mancienne,di santo,stoch, and use rhys taylor in pre season friendlies..

edit; i almost forgot we should use sergio tejera more often because when (very positive :P ) he becomes a world class player....

liverpool will be drooling their mouths off....(spanish connection) :lol:

and then we ain't gonna sell him to them...hehehehe :D

Sinclair's chances are very slim now, but like i have said i put a lot of the fault for his decline with the club for mis-managing him.

Rhys Taylor for me hasn't progressed as much as we would have liked, Jan Sebek has come to the fore this season and put in better performances than Rhys. And the future of Tejera is very uncertain, he may be off to Mallorca full time as there was reports they had an option on him.

The problem with loaning him out is that (Assuming we keep both Drogba and Anelka) we will have to bring in ANOTHER striker as cover. So when Di Santo does come back he will have even more competition for a place. The best thing for him is to stay with our first team, but the new manager does need to give him chances. Di Santo was alway brought in as a first team player, even though he was young, not as though he is someone who has come through our youth ranks.

exactly.