Should di Santo be loaned?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to put him on loan he is wasting is time he is a talent. We should loan him out to the coca cola leagues for a season.

if it is a loan, and i would rather he stayed. It has to be either the premiership or a top European league as a player like Di Santo would be wasted in the Championship.....

Would be great if we could loan him, stoch and mancienne to any of the newly promoted clubs where they would be garunteed 1st team action !!!

A lot depends on the new manager. All of them are good enough to stay in our first team and get their experience there, but they need to be given their chances. Di Santo certainly should have had a lot more chances than he has been given.

It is very possible that a few premiership clubs would be able to gurantee them first team football. Certainly Mancienne would be wanted by Wolves. Di Santo could be a leading striker to plenty of Premiership clubs. And Stoch would do well also, especially considering he is being called up more by the Slovakian national team.

I think Di Santo should be kept in the squad. He's coming of age and didn't get enough apps this season, He can start against lower teams easily I think. I'm also sure he would flourish if played with a goal scoring winger such as joe cole / on form malouda and kalou if we still play him there.

I think Di Santo should be kept in the squad. He's coming of age and didn't get enough apps this season, He can start against lower teams easily I think. I'm also sure he would flourish if played with a goal scoring winger such as joe cole / on form malouda and kalou if we still play him there.

Well he needs to be given the chances to show what he can do. I can understand Hiddink being more cautious as he needed to get results to turn our season around. But there were plenty of times when Scolari should have given him more minutes, many more minutes. Di Santo isn't a youth product, we should be starting him in some games. Especially in the cups against lower league teams.

Would be great if we could loan him, stoch and mancienne to any of the newly promoted clubs where they would be garunteed 1st team action !!!

well.. not newly promoted clubs into the premier league.

i think di santo should be played.. ancellotti plays pato so anelka needs to watch his back no matter how well hes been playing

well.. not newly promoted clubs into the premier league.

i think di santo should be played.. ancellotti plays pato so anelka needs to watch his back no matter how well hes been playing

Can we stop referring to the arrival of Ancelotti as a fact please ?

Whats all this about a great player being wasted in the Championship? He aint proven jack yet, i don't know how he can be rated as a great player. He wont be loaned by a top european team as hes a nobody at this moment in time. He needs to go to a lower league side or a scottish side or whatever because thats the only way he's gonna learn without getting thrown in at the deep end.

The only problem with our loans is they go on loan and thats it.Just loan after loan and no chance for them to proves themselves for 30 mins for a couple of games and then decide what happens

But yeh agree with you about Hiddick and why he didnt and thats why Jose didnt.He said he would love to play a young side in a CC match or spend time bringing them in but felt he couldnt cause of pressure to win trophies which is a problem

And yeh games where we're 5-0 bring least one on or something.Scolari just brought them on random times but against Stoke it worked!It had an impact so hmm pressure situations well maybe just to see what happens.If we're loosing meh no harm

Everything depends on the new manager. If he wants to play with a lone striker or two. Id say every team needs two top strikers and two back ups in total four..

In our case we have Drogba Anelka and back ups in Di Santo and Arnoautvic/Sturridge. Sounds good enough for me. All we need is a quality Left winger and a Fit Joe Cole.

We can play Di Santo in the Cup games and rest one of our top strikers for those games.

All we need to look at is how Welbeck is used by Man Utd. or how Vela is used by Arsenal.

Id atleast like to see Di Santo Start in 5-6 games next season.

Whats all this about a great player being wasted in the Championship? He aint proven jack yet, i don't know how he can be rated as a great player. He wont be loaned by a top european team as hes a nobody at this moment in time. He needs to go to a lower league side or a scottish side or whatever because thats the only way he's gonna learn without getting thrown in at the deep end.

I totally agree. Di santo is a young player with alot of potential but to be fair he really has not proven anything in a Chelsea shirt yet. I know he has not had many apprences yet but until this time comes where he proves himself to who ever our coach will be i think it would be a good idea to loan him out and get him some more experience.

I think it would be good for Di santo to get loaned out to a smaller Priemer League team for example stoke or sunderland, someone like that who he might get some starts for. Even if it is only for 6 months or so it would give him a bit more experience in the top flight.

If something like this does not happy than i agree with warnie i think it would be good for him to start in most cup games, like fa cup and carling cup. A few league games would not hurt either.

Edited by STEV3O

i wanted to see stoch get more starts after all he is a full international ..not a kid anymore.

and lets use the pre season to look at mancienne ,,stoch ,hutchinson ,bertrand as well.

they could be the future ....ancelotti is in the past now

Di Santo, Mancienne, Stoch, Cork, Bertand and Sahar will all be looked at in Pre Season. But it is hard for a new manager to take on Youth players for the first time. Di Santo and Mancienne are more than likely going to be retained for next season. Stoch, Cork and Bertrand could all certainly be used next season but again it depends on the manager.

I would not mind any of them going out on loan to a Premiership side. The only person a Championship loan could benefit would be Stoch, but even him i would rather was given a premiership loan if possible. Mancienne, Cork and Bertrand have proved all they can at Championship level, and Di Santo i believe is too good for a Championship loan. even if he hasn't done much for Chelsea yet.

Ben Sahar's careers with Chelsea is as good as over. I cant see him making the first team.

The ones we should look to bring in the first team squad in the next 3-4 years are:

Di Santo, Stoch, Kakuta, Cork, Bertand, Mellis, Nouble, Mancienne. Thats 3 defenders, 2 wingers, 1 midfielder and 2 strikers. I hope to see them with the first team squad.