Marko Arnautovic

the wes

Chelsea are close to completing a deal for FC Twente hotshot Marko Arnautovic after agreeing personal terms with the Austrian striker. The 20-year-old says he wants to move to Stamford Bridge this summer, but Chelsea and Dutch side Twente are locked in talks over the price tag, according to reports in Holland.Steve McClaren's club are holding out for £13million for the talented striker but Chelsea are trying to negotiate the asking price down.

Arnautovic, who became the leading teenage scorer in the Eredivisie this season, has reportedly agreed terms and is set to become Chelsea's first signing of the summer.

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wanted the Austrian international but he turned down a move to Inter Milan in favour of a switch to England.

Frank Arnesen, the sporting director at Chelsea, is thought to have played a significant part in the deal and sources in Holland suggest the two clubs are close to agreeing a fee.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ley69h

Chelsea don't do it he is not a big prospect, i know him from the dutch league. Marko Arnautovic got skills but he got a big ego he think he already have made it. Chelsea's level is to high for him, but thats my opinion.

Edited by ley69h

Chelsea don't do it, he is not a big prospect i know him from the dutch league. Marko got skills but he got a big ego he think he is allready a big star, he cant take it. Chelsea's play is to high for him but thats my opinion.

What makes you say he isnt a big prospect?

I think we are all set to sign him. Could be another flop like Kalou.Looks Ronaldo-esq. Plays as Striker/Winger just like him.I see him as a replacement for Kalou.

Edited by warnie_666

Guest ley69h
What makes you say he isnt a big prospect?

I think we are all set to sign him. Could be another flop like Kalou.Looks Ronaldo-esq. Plays as Striker/Winger just like him.I see him as a replacement for Kalou.

Marko Arnautovic is not even better then Salomon Kalou. I'm following FC Twente everyweek, let me give you some advice and search/watch Eljero Elia also striker of FC Twente he is even much better then Marko Arnautovic.

Edited by ley69h

Rising Austrian football star Marko Arnautovic's proposed move to English Premiership giants Chelsea was in doubt on Tuesday because of a foot injury according to press reports.The 20-year-old international - scorer of 14 goals for Twente this season - underwent a medical in Vienna on Tuesday and according to the reports failed to satisfy the Chelsea doctor overseeing it.

The medical revealed that four-times capped Arnautovic has such a serious foot injury it could see him sidelined for between four to six months.

On Monday Dutch press reports had announced that according to sources close to the player he had agreed to sign a contract with Chelsea beating off competition from Italian champions Inter Milan.

However Twente - coached by former England manager Steve McClaren - have yet to reach agreement with Chelsea, with the English club proposing a 12million euros fee while Twente are looking for 15million euros according to Algemeen Dagblad.

actually i think thats exactly what we need

a ronaldo a messi a kaka type.. capable of changing games.

Dont get your hopes high.

His move to Chelsea seems to have been on a hold as during his medical the docs confirmed he has an injury which would sideline him for almost 4-6 months.

Marko Arnautovic is not even better then Salomon Kalou. I'm following FC Twente everyweek, let me give you some advice and search/watch Eljero Elia also striker of FC Twente he is even much better then Marko Arnautovic.

Eljero Elia does looks good on youtube. But then since the scouts of Chelsea and Inter are after Arnautovic, there must be something about the lad.

There must be something about the lad.

Perhaps the .16m he has on Elia? Given we are a team of set pieces and we already have players similar to Elia (Kalou, Malouda).

eports in Italy claim that Inter Milan have sealed a deal with FC Twente for striker Marco Arnautovic. The 20-year-old, dubbed ‘the next Zlatan Ibrahimovic’ has been in sterling form for Steve McLaren’s side helping them into second place in Holland’s Eredivisie. With Chelsea rumoured to have been keen on signing the Austrian youngster it appears Jose Mourinho has stolen a march on his former club by sealing Arnautovic for £9m on a five year deal.

Guest ley69h

Marko Arnautovic is in potential a big player, but he need to play more.. and then make a move to Chelsea.

I should say wait for one season and then pick him up from FC Twente.

eports in Italy claim that Inter Milan have sealed a deal with FC Twente for striker Marco Arnautovic. The 20-year-old, dubbed 'the next Zlatan Ibrahimovic' has been in sterling form for Steve McLaren's side helping them into second place in Holland's Eredivisie. With Chelsea rumoured to have been keen on signing the Austrian youngster it appears Jose Mourinho has stolen a march on his former club by sealing Arnautovic for £9m on a five year deal.

So the initial rumors of him turning down Milan were false

Guest ley69h

He already says on dutch television that if Chelsea want me, that Inter is no option anymore for me.

He already says on dutch television that if Chelsea want me, that Inter is no option anymore for me.

Interesting, so basically if we bid for him then he will come to us over Inter! There will not transfer confirmations till at least the new manager is in place, although that could happen as soon as Monday.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You