Will we see the squad overhauled this summer?

Comming away slightly from the madness and dissapointment of last night a little here.

Over the last couple of weeks and also last night in his CTV interview Guus Hiddink has hinted that the squad will see a transformation in the summer. There are clearly a number of players who are under the threat of leaving. It was also interesting him saying that players who are only just starting to perform well now at the end of the season are not necessarily safe as players will do that to earn a new contract or a move away.....

Ferreira, Carvalho, Miniero, Belletti, Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Kalou, Anelka, Drogba.

All of those i would say are under serious scrutiny at the end of the season. Of those names i would say that Ferreira, Miniero, Belletti and Deco are all almost certain to go. Ballack, Malouda and Anelka have a high probability of going. And Carvalho and Drogba are less likely but still possible.

To be perfectly honest, going into a new era with a new manager i think the team could do with the trimming and adding a new flavour to the squad.

To go into a new season how would you trim the squad to allow fresh blood in. Forget about who to bring in for now, who should we be looking to get rid of to allow ourselves to move forward from here?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will be a pretty big clearing out this summer - I only with Guus was not one of them! As for players, I think for certain that Belletti, Deco, Ferreira, Drogba, Ballack will be gone. I used to think Malouda as well, but the last month or so he has been really playing (though I am not convinced yet). Hopefully some players out on loan will also be shipped off permanently, mainly Pizzaro and Scheva. We might also lose Anelka, which would to me would be no great shakes since he seems to rarely perform in big, big games.

That would leave us needing at least 2 strikers. A winger. 2 or 3 midfielders and a left back, at least.

Don't even know who we would bring in. I just pray we are not seriously considering bringing Trezugat.

Has to be, Sheva, Pizzaro, Beletti, Ferriera, Carvalho, Ballack, Deco, Miniero

Probably one of Anelka or Kalou, malouda(although he performed awsomely in last 2 months, you never know how he would turn up again at the start of the new season)

Everything depends really on who comes in and also how much Roman is prepared to back them. It is obvious that we need to ship players out and re-shuffle the squad, But that will need investment, and a fairly substantial one as well.

Everything depends really on who comes in and also how much Roman is prepared to back them. It is obvious that we need to ship players out and re-shuffle the squad, But that will need investment, and a fairly substantial one as well.

We need some talent from Italy - bring in Giovinco , Buffon to replace Cech (he's lost it) and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo no 99 at my homeclub Bologna - he's amazing and is a lovely man , he wouldn't be screaming at cameras after being cheated.

We need some talent from Italy - bring in Giovinco , Buffon to replace Cech (he's lost it) and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo no 99 at my homeclub Bologna - he's amazing and is a lovely man , he wouldn't be screaming at cameras after being cheated.

good luck with giovinco and buffon and in all honesty i would rather young

italian players to stay in italy. there are great talents all over the world but i dont want to see players getting poached at young ages like 15 and 16 from any where any more which ahs happened with a few italian players. macheda to be name one.

giovinco deve restare con la juve. e basta speriamo che buffon fa lo stesso.

still cant believe shevas coming back from loan :doh:

we should have just sold him, who cares if we lose money.. the contract he was on is a disgrace

we will face stupid competition from man city ... who seem to want every player we do.

there are great talents all over the world but i dont want to see players getting poached at young ages like 15 and 16 from any where any more which ahs happened with a few italian players. macheda to be name one.

Like our very own Fabio Borini and Jacopo Sala.... :D

precisely :) nah seriously i think thats wrong though...

In an ideal world all players would be local players with close ties to the club and the area. But thats not going to happen. It is going to take a massive overhaul of the rules to stop things like that happening.

This summer is surely right time to get rid of all the oldies and start a new era with a new manager. Last chance to get some decent money for some of oldies lol.

I want those players to leave: Hilario, Paulo Ferreira, Juliano Belletti, Mineiro, Michael Ballack, Deco, Claudio Pizarro, Andriy Shevchenko.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing those players leave: Ricardo Carvalho, Florent Malouda, Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka.

It's a lot of players and I doubt we would get enough money for all those players to replace them with great youngsters. Really got to hope that Abramovich gives some extra funds to build up a great team for future.

But if we really would do such a big change in our squad, we surely must get a new manager for longer than 1 season in order to get some positive results.

Anyways if we would sell all the players mentioned before, our team would be:

P.Cech

J.Bosingwa, B.Ivanovic, Alex, J.Terry, M.Mancienne, A.Cole

M.Essien, J.O.Mikel, F.Lampard

J.Cole, S.Kalou, M.Stoch

F.D.Santo

That's a hell of a small squad. We'd need:

a backup GK, a backup LB, a first team/backup CB, 2-3 backup CMs, a first team winger, a backup winger, a first team striker, 2 first team strikers.

That's hell of a lot players. So I actually believe we will keep either Carvalho, Deco or Ballack, Malouda and either Drogba or Anelka.

Anyway we need a massive clearout to be successful in future..

Squad i want for next season:

Cech ASSMAN (or any young keeper) Hilario

Terry Alex Bosingwa A.Cole Belleti Ivanovic Mancienne

ZHIRKOV Mikel Essien

Lampard QUARESMA Malouda Kalou

Joe Cole Stoch

Drogba BENZEMA Anelka DiSanto

Edited by ChelseaBoi

Bring in Yhirkov, Van Der Vaart, Villa and Assaman

van der vaart's lost his ways and only hiddink can bring the best out of him again, if he stays which of course he wont, Villa would costs too much and man city will be able to offer so much more money.

and that Assman is a waste of time.. we dont need him and at 23 he aint aint that young either for a keeper who will be waiting a lifetime for Cech to retire.