Cech Eyes Weekend Return

BlueLion.

Petr Cech has set his sights on a return to action against Sunderland this weekend. Cech_578779.jpgThe Czech Republic international has missed the last four games with a calf injury. However, Cech is back in training and he is hopeful of being available for the clash with Roy Keane's Sunderland. "When you want to be back quickly you have to give 130 per cent and I am happy with the way I have progressed," said Cech. "You always want to be on the pitch and playing. I have been training really hard to come back. "I couldn't make it against West Ham last weekend but hope to play on Saturday."
Sky Sports

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has set his sights on a return to first-team action against Sunderland this weekend. The Czech Republic international has missed the last four games with a calf injury. However, Cech is back in training and he is hopeful of being available for the clash with Roy Keane's outfit. "When you want to be back quickly you have to give 130 per cent and I am happy with the way I have progressed," said Cech. "You always want to be on the pitch and playing. I have been training really hard to come back. "I couldn't make it against West Ham last weekend but hope to play on Saturday." Source: Tribalfootball not sayin its true..but...thought i'd post it as he seems to b gettin better by the day

So you chose to ignore my post :) I believe he is taking today out to be ready for a midweek return against Valencia. But now Carlo is getting a run in the team, I don't think he should just walk back in. He needs to prove in training he can reclaim his spot. Carlo might be deputising, but he's been bloody brilliant for us these last five games.

So you chose to ignore my post :rolleyes: I believe he is taking today out to be ready for a midweek return against Valencia. But now Carlo is getting a run in the team, I don't think he should just walk back in. He needs to prove in training he can reclaim his spot. Carlo might be deputising, but he's been bloody brilliant for us these last five games.
Carlo is good, but Cech is a LOT better. As soon as Cech is ready he will be back in the team. Could possibly wait now till Arsenal game to bring him back....

I feel more confident with Cech but Carlo is easily the next best goalkeeper in the league. With him in goal I feel as confident as ever, Cech just seems more commanding.
Carlo is without doubt top class, and that has been proved by his clean sheets since he come back in. But Cech is on another level together, i would always want Cech in goal if he is fit....